Author Topic: Shelter: The "gay surfer movie" (it's so much more!). See it now and discuss it!  (Read 324053 times)

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
Here is Brad Rowe in a 1999 ABC tv series Wasteland:

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Iew1p3FWOM[/youtube]
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

injest

Truman posted this in his blog but I knew there were some other people that *ahem* MIGHT enjoy it here...

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sc23HMmT2m0[/youtube]

watch at :46 for Zach's smile....that just melts me...he has this very satisfied, 'this is what I want' look...love it. He isn't hesitant or afraid or torn...just happy...it's only there for a second but dang....

mvansand76

Truman posted this in his blog but I knew there were some other people that *ahem* MIGHT enjoy it here...

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sc23HMmT2m0[/youtube]

watch at :46 for Zach's smile....that just melts me...he has this very satisfied, 'this is what I want' look...love it. He isn't hesitant or afraid or torn...just happy...it's only there for a second but dang....

Can't watch it, but you mean the little smile he gives Shaun before he kisses him? I love that, it shows so much for him to feel so comfortable, it's beautiful to see. And then the smile in the car...  :D

• BetterMost Supporter!
....and the almost smile Shaun has when he turns around and sees Zach in the walkie talkie scene.  ;D

injest

I think that is what makes this such a great movie...the chemistry...you dont' have any feeling at any time that they are not completely Zach and Shaun and in love...no hesitation of awkwardness...

those little things make emotions seem more real..

:) :)

Offline Aloysius J. Gleek

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Can't watch it, but you mean the little smile he gives Shaun before he kisses him?

Well--not a kiss, no, not exactly--  ;)

I love that, it shows so much for him to feel so comfortable, it's beautiful to see.

That's for sure!!  :)

Ok, by the way, I'm now on livejournal as--what else?--jmmgallagher (Inventive I'm not, sigh.) Hope I can read your Shelter story!

Thanks,
John
"Tu doives entendre je t'aime."
(and you know who I am...)

Cowboy Curtis (Laurence Fishburne)
and Pee-wee in the 1990 episode
"Camping Out"

mvansand76

Well--not a kiss, no, not exactly--  ;)

Oh you mean THAT smile. LOL! I meant the one before the screen fades to black and you see them in the morning.  :D

Ok, by the way, I'm now on livejournal as--what else?--jmmgallagher (Inventive I'm not, sigh.) Hope I can read your Shelter story!

I will do that as soon as I get home, can't access my lj from work!

:D

I think that is what makes this such a great movie...the chemistry...you dont' have any feeling at any time that they are not completely Zach and Shaun and in love...no hesitation of awkwardness...

those little things make emotions seem more real..

:) :)

EXACTLY! It's so hard to create, this kind of chemistry, it's absolutely out of this world. I love seeing that in movies. Heath and Jake had it, and Brad and Trevor do as well!

• BetterMost Supporter!
Ok, here is a question:

After the bust up at the party, one of them goes surfing at that rocky place that Shaun calls his, that he took Zach to, is it Shaun or Zach?

Offline Monika

• BetterMost Moderator
  • We are all the same. Women, men, gay, straight
hi watched the movie about a week ago. Thought it was cute, decently acted and good-intentioned. Thought the story itself was pretty thin though, the emotionel depth of what they must have gone through never came across, I thought.
But on the whole, enjoyable.

just my 2 cents :)

• BetterMost Supporter!
Yeah I felt like the emotional depth could have been deeper too, but chalked it up to the surf culture, not big on words.  :)