Author Topic: Shelter: The "gay surfer movie" (it's so much more!). See it now and discuss it!  (Read 323899 times)

injest

I love this scene, for the fist time it is Shaun who is skiddish about public display, and Zach takes matters into his own hands.

and I like how (for me) it shows the best of any relationship...up to this point Shaun has been (for lack of the words to explain) in control...the experienced, sure one...

and here Zach is the one confident and in control....

I started to say the best of a GAY relationship but truthfully it is a sign of a good relationship when each partner feels that it is ok to be in control...and ok to NOT feel confident...it is ok to step back and let your partner take care of things.

mvansand76

Any more art classes for us?  :D

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • A love that will never grow old
I love this scene, for the fist time it is Shaun who is skiddish about public display, and Zach takes matters into his own hands.

I think it was more that Shaun didn't feel comfortable to get involved in a family situation between Zach and his sister. I feel he wanted to give Zach space to deal with Jeanne, a family thing.

But I loved it that Zach so confidently went back to get Shaun, take his hand and face Jeanne. He really was telling everyone that Shaun was now part of his family too!

*swoons*
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline Aloysius J. Gleek

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Any more art classes for us?  :D

Ha!

Shelter and Picasso

I like this juxtaposition--I like the heads, I really like the sheets,
and we can pretend that the hatching is really tattoos!

And look at the caption--it really fits!!

"The sexually charged Picasso piece shows the artist and his lover Louise Lenoir, known as Odette, who is thought to have been Picasso's first girlfriend in Paris. It was thought to have been painted in 1901 or 1902 when Picasso was a struggling artist in his 20s."

http://www.independent.ie/entertainment/arts/embracing-art-passionate-picasso-clinch-under-the-hammer-1343360.html

;D
"Tu doives entendre je t'aime."
(and you know who I am...)

Cowboy Curtis (Laurence Fishburne)
and Pee-wee in the 1990 episode
"Camping Out"

• BetterMost Supporter!
I don't know about Fine Art, but--

how about this??

Shelter and Banksy

Banksy, the Bristol-and-London subversive stencil graffiti artist
(heads up, Zach!!), circa 2005

(Interestingly, much of his stenciled street art has been cleaned away and painted and covered over (Zach knows about that!)--here, someone has decided to preserve it with a plexiglas panel above--here it is in it's 'naked' state below:

I love Banksy--I bet Zach would too!

http://www.independent.ie/entertainment/arts/you-dirty-rat-street-cleaners-prepare-to-blast-banksy-away-1207269.html

You dirty rat: street cleaners prepare to blast Banksy away

"Critics call the graffiti artist a genius, and Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie have paid €1.5m for his work. But Hackney council has ordered its workers to power-hose his pictures out of sight"

(Amazing parallel, no?? Zach, hell with CalArts, call Brangelina today!)

« Last Edit: June 12, 2008, 07:53:54 am by jmmgallagher »

"Camping Out"

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
Brad Rowe, Brad Pitt, they resemble, they have the same first name and their last names both have 4 letters.   :laugh:

I am enjoying the art lesson, please continue!
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

• BetterMost Supporter!

Gosh, thank you!

why thank you! I will see what I can do fer ya!  ;) ;)

Loving the 'snip tool'!

More "raw footage," please???  ::)

(How does one get the 'snip tool,' by the way? I am dumb, sorry--but would love to learn!)

"Camping Out"

mvansand76

yes more raw footage.... lol.... loved that last art lesson because i loove that screenshot....

injest

Gosh, thank you!

More "raw footage," please???  ::)

(How does one get the 'snip tool,' by the way? I am dumb, sorry--but would love to learn!)

actually it came already loaded onto the computer...I cant' remember where I heard about it but I clicked on my Microsoft button (in the bottom left side) and typed 'snip' in the search button and there it was! SOOOO...I play a movie in Media Player and keep the 'snipping tool' open and pause at a shot I want and use the snip to take a little screen shot!

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
I had wondered how you did that.

I got to thinking over the weekend about the actors who were gay who made a living playing straight guys, like Rock Hudson and Tab Hunter and Dirk Bogarde. You know, Brad Rowe could do the same thing in reverse.
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."