Author Topic: The mysterious "I love you" and other nearly indiscernible moments  (Read 201562 times)

Offline serious crayons

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: The mysterious "I love you" and other nearly indiscernible moments
« Reply #230 on: August 28, 2006, 12:10:26 am »
Doug, I'm curious. Did your friend and his colleagues do anything special when they analyzed these scenes? I mean, obviously they are trained professionals, so they applied that expertise to their analysis. But aside from that, did they use any special equipment or techniques? Or did they do pretty much what the rest of us do when trying to figure out these things -- in other words, watch it really closely and listen really hard with the volume up?

Offline 2robots4u

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #231 on: August 28, 2006, 10:46:08 am »
Hi, Katherine...they used the equipment available in the police dept, which can enhance sound, delete all sound, sharpen the picture, slow-mo, voice prints/patterns, voice overlay, etc.  Basically the same thing you see in TV shows (Without A Trace, CSI).  It is as reliable as it can get until newer equipment is invented, so I accept the findings.  I know some viewers will still be skeptical and continue in this beliefs, but that's OK.  This wasn't to prove whose right or wrong, and I guess I should have put a message at the beginning of my post to alert viewers so if they didn't want to know, not to read further.

Offline Daphne7661

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #232 on: August 28, 2006, 11:50:59 pm »
  TS2:  The big question is who speaks, and what is said?  There is only 1 voice
         print in this scene, and he says "I'M sorry" followed by "It's all right, it's
         all right.  Lie back, Come on".  That voice belongs to J.

I am sooooo happy right now to have read this.  Some of you may understand, but I have always believed it was only one of them talking in this scene, and that the voice was Jack's!!!

Happy Happy Happy

:) :D :D :)

...Nice to know ya, Ennis del Mar...

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #233 on: September 01, 2006, 01:51:02 pm »
So there you have it.  Please remember the expression "Don't kill the messenger."

Doug

no no no, thank the messenger you mean. You've certainly cleared up a few mysteries for me. (which were mostly due to wrong subtitles)
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline jpwagoneer1964

• Me and my 1951 DeSoto Suburban
« Reply #234 on: September 01, 2006, 03:01:15 pm »

TS2:  The big question is who speaks, and what is said?  There is only 1 voice
         print in this scene, and he says "I'M sorry" followed by "It's all right, it's
         all right.  Lie back, Come on".  That voice belongs to J.

To me "I'm sorry" sounds exactly like "S'alright" that Jack whispers the next two times. That is what I see and hear.
Thank you Heath and Jake for showing us Ennis and Jack,  teaching us how much they loved one another.

Offline jpwagoneer1964

« Reply #235 on: September 14, 2006, 12:53:51 pm »
I was fortunate enough a couple of night ago to see 'Brokeback" at a friends home with a screening room surround sound, etc. As good as a theater really. n the scene pictured below I could hear as shown in the screen play the scene pictured below:

Ennis: Look what I brought.

Jack: Beans

Ennis: Gonna fix 'm just the way I use to.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2006, 03:36:12 pm by jpwagoneer1964 »
Thank you Heath and Jake for showing us Ennis and Jack,  teaching us how much they loved one another.

Offline serious crayons

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #236 on: September 14, 2006, 12:54:54 pm »
I was fortunate enough a couple of night ago to see 'Brokeback" at a friends home with a screening rome, sourround sound, etc.

So Mark, what did you hear in the closet scene?

Offline jpwagoneer1964

« Reply #237 on: September 14, 2006, 12:58:51 pm »
So Mark, what did you hear in the closet scene?

"I love you" of course, Although no one else did, we did not rewind, nor did I have anyone look for it before. I did not hear "Oh Jack"

Offline jpwagoneer1964

« Reply #238 on: September 14, 2006, 01:03:46 pm »
Also no one heard understood "Jack I swear".

Offline jpwagoneer1964

« Reply #239 on: September 14, 2006, 04:58:18 pm »
What is it we hear when Jack and Ennis are walking to the bar? Dogs barking or what?