Author Topic: OT - Where the heck has Kirk been?  (Read 17399 times)

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
Re: OT - Where the heck has Kirk been?
« Reply #40 on: December 07, 2006, 06:23:17 am »
Hey Kirk!!! You're online!

Update this will ya and tell me how life has been with you!?
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline kirkmusic

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Minstrel
« Reply #41 on: December 07, 2006, 07:14:15 am »
Thanks for asking Kelda.  As a matter of fact I recently sent out a mass email which I meant to post here.  So here it is...

Hello everyone,

Time again for another mass email update.

I kept waiting to send this until I could tell you that my first solo CD was ready for consumption. As that still seems to be a little bit in the future and other events are transpiring of which I'd like to make everyone aware, I thought it best to bring you up to date now.

Sooooooooo, life in LA hasn't worked out. I know I've only been here 4 months but I am now financially incapable of staying here any longer without going fabulously into debt at an equally fabulous pace. It's all working out for the best though because that means that my partner Nick and I get to move in together two months ahead of schedule. I'll be moving into his place until we can find one to call "ours," paying rent on my room in Long Beach in the meantime so that I don't have to move my stuff three times in six months instead of two times. Anyone who has helped me move will understand the wisdom in that.

And yes, I will be returning to Beach Blanket Babylon. I know I said that, thinking about doing the show again, I would only go back "...if I really wanted to kill my soul." Well I don't want to kill my soul but I do need to reinvigorate my finances. So necessity returns me to the show and company that took such great care of me for so long and is graciously allowing me to step back into my old job, allowing me agreed upon unpaid days off for creative purposes when I require them. SSPI really has been an outstanding employer for me. If not for the show itself I wouldn't be anticipating spending every moment planning for my next departure. But hey, think about how much money I saved them by being gone for 4 1/2 months!

As far as the CD goes, thanks to my voice returning after 3 days of a mucus cleansing liquid diet/fast, and barring any further technical issues, I should be recording my lead vocals today. By the time I move back, everything should be recorded as it should be. Then comes mixing, mastering, and duplication. I should have the finished product out by the end of the year or shortly thereafter. At some point I'll need to go back to SoCal and shoot a couple of simple videos, hence those unpaid days off I mentioned. Yet more savings for my employer.

For you SF folks, Nick and I are ideally looking for a two bedroom somewhere that's easily accessible to public transit to the Castro, City College, and Downtown. Like maybe West Portal or someplace pleasant like that. Kindly let me know if you hear of anything.

That's all for now. You'll know more as I do.

Much love,
Kirk

Up to the minute update:  My lead vocals have indeed been recorded and I have indeed moved in with Nick.  Two days into it and we are SO happy to be together.  I'm looking at around Feb. now for the CD.  One of the last things we (I and those working on the project with me) did before I moved back was to shoot some footage for a couple of videos, one of which I'm very excited about.  So in a couple of months I hope I will be able to tell you about the video and the debut album "Insomnia" and how and where to get ahold of them.

Went back to my old workplace today.  First in the morning with the costumer to go through and try on all of my old costumes to make sure everything still fit and to list anything we might need.  Tonight I went to watch the show to refresh myself.  So many people were so happy to see me, and I them.  My great friend Mike was the acting manager tonight and we hung out chatting until, much later, he happened to look at the clock.  We'd been yakkin' for an hour and a half and he still needed to do paperwork.  Time flew by.  As I made my way home I walked through Union Square, which is all decorated for Christmas.  While I was in LA I hung out with Nipith (starboardlight) a number of times and he showed me some pretty cool parts of LA.  But SF is my city.  I needed the break but it is so good to be home, ranched up with the love of my life.

And getting back in touch with friends made me think of y'all so here I am.  I hope to one day be here when it' s not the wee hours of the morning and maybe get into the chatroom when it's busy.  Love to catch up and meet some of the new people.

Much love again,
Kirk
« Last Edit: December 07, 2006, 07:48:20 am by kirkmusic »

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #42 on: December 07, 2006, 07:29:17 am »
Great to hear you and Nick are still going fabulouly well and you're now living together. I'm so happy for you!  ;D

And while you have moved back to a job you hadn't planned to - it is one you enjoy doing and one where all your firends are around you.

Pop in soon.   :-*

xxxxx
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline David

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #43 on: December 07, 2006, 07:34:52 am »
Hey Kirk!

Thanks for the update!     Sorry the LA thing didn't work out as expected.    But the patrons of B-B-B will be fortunate to have you back there!!

My total time in SF is about 17 days.    Awsome city!   If I won the lotterey I'd buy a nice place on Russian Hill.   :)

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #44 on: December 07, 2006, 12:31:14 pm »
Kirk, it's great to hear from you again.  Big hugs!

I love your upbeat attitude about having some ups and downs.  As Kelda said, the two best things are having your love and a job where friends welcome you back.  All the best with the CD project!  I'll look forward to hearing it.  8)
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #45 on: December 07, 2006, 01:01:31 pm »
And yes, I will be returning to Beach Blanket Babylon. I know I said that, thinking about doing the show again, I would only go back "...if I really wanted to kill my soul." Well I don't want to kill my soul but I do need to reinvigorate my finances.

Well, as somebody once said, "Money's a good point."

Good luck! And don't be a stranger!  :D

Jeff
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline SFEnnisSF

• BBM Radio Program Director
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #46 on: December 07, 2006, 03:15:35 pm »
Welcome back to The Bay Area, Kirk!  :D

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #47 on: December 07, 2006, 03:34:32 pm »
Thanks for the update! I hope U get your scrawny ass into the chat room pronto! Dec. 9 we're having a three-part chat; hope you can join us.
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline RouxB

• BetterMost Welcome Wagon & Contributor
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • ...a love that will never grow old
« Reply #48 on: December 07, 2006, 06:16:32 pm »
Kirk-

So happy to get your update but not so happy we didn't get together when you were in the general neighborhood. I guess this means there will need to be a SF reunion party soon...

O0

Heathen

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #49 on: December 08, 2006, 12:30:05 pm »
So good to hear from you Kirk!  Too bad things didn't work out in L.A., but at least you got to move in with your main squeeze, so many positives came out of it after all.  :)