Author Topic: What's for breakfast/lunch/supper?  (Read 1000837 times)

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
Re: What's for breakfast/lunch/supper?
« Reply #630 on: March 26, 2011, 12:31:24 am »
For lunch today I had a sweet crepe... filled with sweet cream and apricot preserves. Now I am absolutely dying for something salty.  It's all I can think about...

How about the sweet/salty smell of Jack?
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #631 on: March 26, 2011, 12:37:29 am »
A sweet/salty Jack sounds good to me! 8) 8)

I had a typical midwestern breakfast today - eggs, bacon and a couple pieces of buttered toast.

Chicken noodle soup for lunch, and a spinach quiche for supper! Dad had fried catfish.
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #632 on: March 26, 2011, 05:17:52 pm »
How about the sweet/salty smell of Jack?

Um... no thank you.  No Jacks for me.  :P  :-X

Today

Breakfast:
Egg white omlette with cheese and onions

Lunch:
Mushroom soup

Dinner:
Still don't know...
« Last Edit: March 27, 2011, 12:16:43 am by atz75 »
the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #633 on: April 23, 2013, 09:08:02 am »
Breakfast today was a nice hot bowl of oatmeal, accompanied by a cup of coffee (with Equal and powdered nondairy creamer), and a banana.

Probably too many carbs, but still a good way to start the day.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #634 on: April 23, 2013, 01:19:22 pm »
I like oatmeal for breakfast too. The only problem is that a half hour later, I'm hungry again. So, I solve the problem by crushing a handful of walnuts into the oatmeal, adding some chopped dates while I'm cooking it, generously topping it with 2% milk and/or yogurt, and slicing a half banana, chopped apples, and/or a selection of berries into it. Then, I'm able to power through my morning!

Jeff, have you considered replacing that nondairy creamer with a good milk or half-and-half? It's made out of soy oil and/or corn syrup, not doing you any good and, plus, it tastes vile, IMHO!! (Not saying that milk in the US always tastes that much better)

My daughter tells me that skim milk actually contributes to weight gain. I'm not sure how it works, but apparently farmers feed skim milk to hogs in order to fatten them up.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #635 on: April 24, 2013, 09:14:26 am »
Jeff, have you considered replacing that nondairy creamer with a good milk or half-and-half?

Are you kidding? I replaced milk with the nondairy creamer!  :laugh:

My daughter tells me that skim milk actually contributes to weight gain. I'm not sure how it works, but apparently farmers feed skim milk to hogs in order to fatten them up.

I doubt this is a concern unless the rest of your diet is the same as a hog's.

Breakfast today was one egg, fried hard in butter, with two turkey sausage patties, a banana, and coffee the same as yesterday/the same as usual.

Supper last night was Weight Watchers' potroast with a salad with vinaigrette dressing, a slice of whole wheat bread with margarine, and strawberries for dessert. Tonight supper will be tomato soup with a salad, a slice of whole wheat bread with margarine, and probably also strawberries again.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #636 on: April 24, 2013, 10:14:49 am »
Yesterday I obtained some grits made by Bob's Red Mill. These grits are different from those I usually get in the grocery store, which are made from white hominy. They are white because the corn has been degermed--the nutritious core of the kernal has been removed. I'm looking forward to trying the deep yellow grits. They'll probably be more chewy, but more flavorful and way more nutritious!

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #637 on: April 24, 2013, 10:19:48 am »
Yesterday I obtained some grits made by Bob's Red Mill. These grits are different from those I usually get in the grocery store, which are made from white hominy. They are white because the corn has been degermed--the nutritious core of the kernal has been removed. I'm looking forward to trying the deep yellow grits. They'll probably be more chewy, but more flavorful and way more nutritious!

OMG, that sounds so good! I love grits!  :D

(Can't understand why people who otherwise like "maize" say they don't like grits.  ??? )

Offline Monika

• BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • We are all the same. Women, men, gay, straight
« Reply #638 on: April 24, 2013, 04:53:19 pm »
I've spent the last 5 days in Germany so breakfast has been fresh brötchen, parma and salami.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #639 on: April 24, 2013, 07:01:44 pm »
I've spent the last 5 days in Germany so breakfast has been fresh brötchen, parma and salami.

That sounds like my kind of breakfast!