Author Topic: What's for breakfast/lunch/supper?  (Read 1000821 times)

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
Re: What's for breakfast/lunch/supper?
« Reply #540 on: January 07, 2010, 04:15:58 pm »
I've been eating some really odd things lately. I think it's because of the cold weather. Yesterday for breakfast my daughter made me some scrambled eggs (the eggs were from our own chickens) with vegetables such as sweet peppers, mushrooms, etc. A typical breakfast but odd for me since I don't hardly ever eat a typical breakfast. Then I had a late lunch of a sandwich on whole wheat bread with remoulade sauce instead of mayo, sliced avocado, red onion, and two strips of anchovy, with some cottage cheese on the side. I had to go out in the snow later on to go to a rock climbing class at 7 pm, and I think the sandwich helped me be more alert. Don't worry, I brushed my teeth before I went out! Didn't get home until after 9 pm, when I had a supper of pot roast and sauteed beets, along with a glass of my daughter's mead.

Today, I had a typical breakfast again, this time plain yogurt with banana slices and raspberries, with Grape Nuts sprinkled over the top. Then, for lunch I ate black eyed peas (with veggies and ham), beet greens, rice, half a chicken liver, and some chopped olives. I wonder what dinner will be?  :P
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #541 on: January 07, 2010, 10:54:10 pm »
dinner tonight was lemon chicken, corn casarole, and sweet potatos.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #542 on: January 07, 2010, 10:57:17 pm »
That sounds good, friend! Colorful, too! I actually had mashed yams myself, along with beets and the leftover pot roast. I made chocolate pudding for my children, but I am not having any. (Okay, I licked the beaters!)

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #543 on: January 07, 2010, 11:54:26 pm »
That sounds good, friend! Colorful, too! I actually had mashed yams myself, along with beets and the leftover pot roast. I made chocolate pudding for my children, but I am not having any. (Okay, I licked the beaters!)

I hope you turned the mixer off first!  :o

I had to switch lunch and dinner today. Today was one of those days I dread from a diet perspective, a day we have to go out to lunch to celebrate a teammate's birthday. Worse luck for me, I'm stuck with a bunch of vegetarians who love Asian food.  :-\ 

I was sitting next to my supervisor, and the wasabi they served with whatever it was she was having smelled so strong I was afraid for a minute or two that I was going to be sick or wouldn't be able to eat my own meal. At least I think it was the wasabi.  :-\

I had a Kobe beef burger with some weird little slivery french fries, so for dinner this evening I just had the salad that I ordinarily carry to work with me for lunch. The burger was good.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #544 on: January 08, 2010, 12:06:33 am »
hehe, that's funny! I love Asian food myself but I can see how the smell of wasabi would be overwhelming. I am forever dragging my friend Adam out to a noodle house or a fish taco place and trying to inform his palate so he can eat a more varied diet. His ultra-macho friends think he should be eating buffalo burgers or steak always and that I'll corrupt him into drinking tea with pinkie extended or something equally horrendous!

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • ^ In pursuit of Captain Moonlite - 5 Sept 2009
    • Google Profile
« Reply #545 on: January 08, 2010, 12:25:39 am »
Today - Fri 8 Jan 2010:

Brunch (about 11am) - Two slices of chunky, crunchy, wholegrain toast, topped with thick slices of fresh tomato. Pot of Twining's Irish Breakfast tea.

Afternoon Tea (in about 15 minutes from now, at approx. 3.30pm) - Mug of tea (Twining's Traditional Afternoon tea) and one chocolate biscuit.

Dinner (in about 4 hours from now, at approx. 7.30pm) - Chicken mornay with mushrooms and rice, served with a freshly tossed garden salad (lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber, avocado and garlic) in homemade vinaigrette sauce. Dessert will be fresh green grapes with almonds.
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline Brokeback_Dev

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of nature
« Reply #546 on: January 08, 2010, 06:01:23 am »
Yesterday Jan 7th I had one scrambled egg with one peice of toast and butter for breakfast, Lil smokies with chipolte bbq sauce and onions for lunch with one much needed peice of bread and butter.  Dinner was one bowl of turkey soup that was thawed out of the freezer from after Thanksgiving and Italian whole grain bread with butter oh and a frozen fruit smoothie with vanilla soy milk thrown in there somewhere during the day.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #547 on: January 08, 2010, 09:58:44 am »
hehe, that's funny! I love Asian food myself but I can see how the smell of wasabi would be overwhelming. I am forever dragging my friend Adam out to a noodle house or a fish taco place and trying to inform his palate so he can eat a more varied diet. His ultra-macho friends think he should be eating buffalo burgers or steak always and that I'll corrupt him into drinking tea with pinkie extended or something equally horrendous!

Elk: It's what's for dinner. ...  ;D

Speaking of Adam, the resataurant where we had our birthday lunch had his favorite beverage on the menu, but they called it a Palmer-san.  :laugh:
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #548 on: January 08, 2010, 10:48:32 am »

Today, as usual, my breakfast came from Starbucks.  There's a Starbucks across the street from work and I pass it on my walk to work everyday.  So, it's very, very easy to use that as the breakfast place instead of having breakfast at home.  I'm not much of a morning person.  Even if I go to bed with the intentions of making breakfast at home the next morning... that plan almost always is abandoned to hitting the snooze button a few more times when the actual morning comes.

So, anyway... I had my normal tall bold coffee with whole milk and I had a slice of their banana chocolate chip coffeecake (which says is "reduced fat" on the little sign). 

I don't yet know about lunch.

But, for dinner today I'll have homemade pureed carrot soup with orange and tarragon.  I made it last night and now have leftovers.

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #549 on: January 08, 2010, 11:46:56 am »
I also had a major love of Starbucks until just recently. I'm trying to wean myself off it. They have expanded their breakfast menu in some of their stores and have added drive-thrus, etc. so it's almost like a McDonalds! Last time I dropped by there I ordered a Gingerbread Latte but they were out of the bits of crystallized ginger, so I ended up not getting anything.

I must stress once again that if something is advertised as low-fat or low-sugar, that does NOT mean low calories. I looked up the calories in your breakfast friend. Do you want to know what it is??