Author Topic: Cowboy Cosmology  (Read 530622 times)

Offline Wayne

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Cowboy Cosmology
« Reply #760 on: September 18, 2008, 02:32:05 pm »
OK so for many Republican supporters, none of those issues have any weight compared to their opposition to abortion. That segment of voters is so large, that without them, pretty nearly no Republicans would be getting elected anywhere.

Palin says she is opposed to all abortions under all circumstances, including rape, except when the mother's life is at risk. She says that each state should be able to decide its own abortion laws.
When you put people in charge of the government who are committed to proving that it doesn't work, you can be sure that they will cause it to not work.

Don

Offline Wayne

« Reply #761 on: September 18, 2008, 02:39:23 pm »
So she doesn't like abortion, and I don't like war. OK how about this:

Let each state establish its own laws concerning abortion, and concerning whether their residents can be sent to fight in any given military conflict, and whether (and how much of) their taxes can be spent on war.

Seems like a win-win!   :D
When you put people in charge of the government who are committed to proving that it doesn't work, you can be sure that they will cause it to not work.

Don

Offline Wayne

« Reply #762 on: September 18, 2008, 02:49:33 pm »
I'm also opposed to capital punishment for all reasons and under all circumstances.

Last Tuesday Georgia executed a man for a murder that someone else confessed to years ago.

It's not just that we could make a mistake. Even though we know beyond any shadow of doubt that this man was innocent, we went ahead and killed him just to smell him fry.

That is evil beyond all comprehension. Capital punishment is performed for blood lust, just like throwing Christians to the lions.

But I'll put elimination of capital punishment farther down my wish list.  :)

Don

Offline Wayne

« Reply #763 on: September 18, 2008, 03:03:42 pm »
So in Palin-wdjworld, if a woman wants an abortion, she may have to go to another state to get it. If a young man doesn't want to be shipped to another country to kill people, he may have to move to another state. And if I don't want my taxes being used to enrich Dick Cheney, Halliburton, and Blackwater, with the side effect of killing a lot of innocent people, maybe there will be a state where I can go too!   :)

Don

Offline Wayne

« Reply #764 on: September 18, 2008, 03:58:37 pm »
 :laugh:   The answer to yesterday's puzzle:

Don

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
« Reply #765 on: September 18, 2008, 06:10:54 pm »
:laugh:   The answer to yesterday's puzzle:

Wayne, what in the wurld were that Sea Lion doin' up yonder on that there po-lice car?
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

injest

« Reply #766 on: September 18, 2008, 06:54:46 pm »
So she doesn't like abortion, and I don't like war. OK how about this:

Let each state establish its own laws concerning abortion, and concerning whether their residents can be sent to fight in any given military conflict, and whether (and how much of) their taxes can be spent on war.

Seems like a win-win!   :D

this actually IS McCain's stand on abortion.

I have never heard anyone talking about the other... :)

injest

« Reply #767 on: September 18, 2008, 06:56:45 pm »
I'm also opposed to capital punishment for all reasons and under all circumstances.

Last Tuesday Georgia executed a man for a murder that someone else confessed to years ago.

It's not just that we could make a mistake. Even though we know beyond any shadow of doubt that this man was innocent, we went ahead and killed him just to smell him fry.

That is evil beyond all comprehension. Capital punishment is performed for blood lust, just like throwing Christians to the lions.

But I'll put elimination of capital punishment farther down my wish list.   :)

I hope you don't mean you would put throwing Christiand to lions HIGHER on your list!

:laugh: :laugh:

I am opposed to the death penalty too. Too expensive, too hard to correct your mistakes, and no rich white men ever get it...

injest

« Reply #768 on: September 18, 2008, 06:59:30 pm »
So in Palin-wdjworld, if a woman wants an abortion, she may have to go to another state to get it. If a young man doesn't want to be shipped to another country to kill people, he may have to move to another state. And if I don't want my taxes being used to enrich Dick Cheney, Halliburton, and Blackwater, with the side effect of killing a lot of innocent people, maybe there will be a state where I can go too!   :)

well remember, the military is voluntary. So if someone doesnt want to go to war, he doesn't have to sign up (and I am WAY against the draft unless we got people storming the shores in which case I bet we wouldn't need the draft, people would be signing up on their own.)

and yeah, definitely no corporate welfare....and if you run a company into the ground, you can NOT walk away with a kabilliion dollars.  >:( >:(

injest

« Reply #769 on: September 18, 2008, 07:02:47 pm »
I dont' think people are really that far apart...the politicians want us to THINK we are so they can get power.  >:( >:(

we just disagree about HOW we are gonna get to what we want.

I bet if just average people sat down together, we could fix 90% of our problems...(and when I say average, I mean people that dont' have dogs in the hunt....that aren't set to profit from the results other than the benefit of living in a nicer society)