Author Topic: Gay Marriage Sinks Miss California's shot at Crown  (Read 136598 times)

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
Re: Gay Marriage Sinks Miss California's shot at Crown
« Reply #380 on: May 11, 2009, 04:13:58 pm »
Prejean: . . . I felt as though Satan was trying to tempt me in asking me this question. And then God was in my head and in my heart saying, "Do not compromise this. You need to stand up for me and you need to share with all these people . . . you need to witness to them and you need to show that you're not willing to compromise that for this title of Miss USA."

And I knew right here that it wasn't about winning. It was about being true to my convictions.

This young person and people like her just make me sick.

The implication is that God is OK with the chicken-cutlet implants and the topless photos and an allegedly Christian person flaunting her body as a lingerie model but He is against society giving legal sanction to a relationship just because it happens to be between two people of the same gender.

Oh, come on. ...
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #381 on: May 11, 2009, 04:26:58 pm »
This young person and people like her just make me sick.

The implication is that God is OK with the chicken-cutlet implants and the topless photos and an allegedly Christian person flaunting her body as a lingerie model but He is against society giving legal sanction to a relationship just because it happens to be between two people of the same gender.

Oh, come on. ...

and the question remains, what will "The Donald" do?
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #382 on: May 11, 2009, 05:02:38 pm »
and the question remains, what will "The Donald" do?

On the basis of the satan comment, I say I hope he fires her ass... and her chicken cutlets..
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline oilgun

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #383 on: May 11, 2009, 05:51:09 pm »
You mean this is the first time on Bettermost anyone has communicated that they don't like Perez Hilton because he's a queen??

Well, as far as I'm concerned, the fact that he's a gossip "writer" puts him at near the bottom of the humanity heap right off the bat. He gets an even lower rating from me because he's so bitchy. The fact that he publicly presents an effeminate stereotype of homosexual men is just icing on the cake, and it takes him down a notch further.

One last question.

Why is it that Perez Hilton's insults to a hetero Xian hypocrite makes him a 'Repulsive & Annoying Bitchy Queen who should find something useful to do with his miserable life' while Michael Savage's rabid homophobic rantings make him a 'Free Speech Avocate'? ???

It's so confuuuusing!  ;D

Offline milomorris

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • No crybabies
« Reply #384 on: May 11, 2009, 06:16:14 pm »
One last question.

Why is it that Perez Hilton's insults to a hetero Xian hypocrite makes him a 'Repulsive & Annoying Bitchy Queen who should find something useful to do with his miserable life' while Michael Savage's rabid homophobic rantings make him a 'Free Speech Avocate'? ???

Hilton's bitchiness has nothing to do with who his target is. He's bitchy all the time. I don't recall defending anything Savage has ever said.
  The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

--Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

Offline oilgun

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #385 on: May 11, 2009, 07:37:26 pm »
Hilton's bitchiness has nothing to do with who his target is. He's bitchy all the time. I don't recall defending anything Savage has ever said.

I just find it strange that the conservative contingent here, not you necessarily, was so quick to defend Savage on that other thread, despite him being one of the biggest public homophobes in the country.  Hilton insults one brainless bigoted beauty queen and he is positively reviled.

Am I the only one who finds this disturbing?

injest

« Reply #386 on: May 11, 2009, 08:08:12 pm »
I dont' see the contradictions at all...I have defended both Prejean and Savage based on free speech, I haven't advocated Perez be fired or sanctioned in any way, he is free to say what he wants to. I have a right to point out he is shooting himself in the foot.

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #387 on: May 11, 2009, 08:55:42 pm »
One last question.

this is not really funny but somehow it strikes me very funny.  The silver lining for Mario here is that for him, trucking as he does in the lowbrow end of media, there is no such thing as bad publicity.  A man who will go out in public in a Hello Kitty showercap has absolutely no fear of the Christian right.

“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline milomorris

• No crybabies
« Reply #388 on: May 11, 2009, 09:04:44 pm »
Hilton insults one brainless bigoted beauty queen and he is positively reviled.

Am I the only one who finds this disturbing?

You have it somewhat mixed up. It wasn't Hilton's treatment of Prejean that pissed people off. The Prejean incident was just the latest insult to our sensibilities. Hilton's reputation as an obnoxious bottom-feeder goes further back than that.
  The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

Offline milomorris

• No crybabies
« Reply #389 on: May 11, 2009, 09:17:56 pm »
The silver lining for Mario here is that for him, trucking as he does in the lowbrow end of media, there is no such thing as bad publicity.  A man who will go out in public in a Hello Kitty showercap has absolutely no fear of the Christian right.

A man who will go out in public in a Hello Kitty showercap ain't nothin' but a clown. A screaming queen who goes out in public in a Hello Kitty shower cap is just a pathetic attention hog. Christian right or no Christian right. Unfortunately for Mario, the only way he can hold onto his position in the entertainment industry is by constantly debasing himself and being ever the provocateur.