Author Topic: Off-site discussion of BetterMost posts  (Read 90768 times)

Offline Luvlylittlewing

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Gay Couple Detained After Kissing on Mormon Church-Owned Property
« Reply #30 on: July 25, 2009, 04:09:14 pm »
Good points, Marie.  And there's something else that I'd like to point out.  Posts from sites like Hoffpo, etc. have generally been polished and worked on until the author is satisfied with them and relatively sure they are making their case clearly.  Posts here are generally part of an ongoing discussion.  They are usually not meant to be the final word in what someone thinks about a particular topic.  

Yes, Gary, you're right.  And to add to that, we're a community and were once friends (for the most part) until discussing our political leanings polairized some of us.  The people whose articles we posted here to discuss we didn't know from adam and were not friends, part of our community. 

Offline Luvlylittlewing

« Reply #31 on: July 25, 2009, 04:11:10 pm »
OK. So its not the cross-posting and conversation going on over there, its the fact that others are prohibited from participating. That I can understand. Maybe its not "fair." But I don't think its reasonable for anyone here to expect that Jess is going to let you in after being kicked off this board. She's allowed to pick and chose who her friends are.

Like I said, I don't care, really.  I have no desire to go over there.

Offline bailey1205

Re: Off-site discussion of BetterMost posts
« Reply #32 on: July 25, 2009, 04:11:32 pm »
Milo, I think you are missing the point.

For me, my issue is I feel betrayed by members here that take my posts over there for the
simple purpose of mocking me as an individual.

It's proven that I need to be very careful what I post cause I can only believe it will be carried over
there for entertainment purposes.  If ya wanna call it that.

Offline bailey1205

« Reply #33 on: July 25, 2009, 04:13:17 pm »
Yes, Gary, you're right.  And to add to that, we're a community and were once friends (for the most part) until discussing our political leanings polairized some of us.  The people whose articles we posted here to discuss we didn't know from adam and were not friends, part of our community. 

Why it is best not to discuss politics !

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

I learned that with my brother !
 ::)

Offline milomorris

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • No crybabies
« Reply #34 on: July 25, 2009, 04:14:49 pm »
Good points, Marie.  And there's something else that I'd like to point out.  Posts from sites like Hoffpo, etc. have generally been polished and worked on until the author is satisfied with them and relatively sure they are making their case clearly.  Posts here are generally part of an ongoing discussion.  They are usually not meant to be the final word in what someone thinks about a particular topic.  

1. What about people who post the author's article, along with the readers' comments from said blog? Aren't those comments the same type of conversational posts that we get here?

2. I'm not sure why the lack of polish should matter. People have to learn that this is the Internet, and your posts--no matter how--off-the-top-of-the-head are being made public. If one is not communicating clearly, and that is causing misunderstandings or disagreements, take the time to clarify. I think most of us here do that already.

The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

--Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

Offline milomorris

• No crybabies
« Reply #35 on: July 25, 2009, 04:22:21 pm »
Milo, I think you are missing the point.

For me, my issue is I feel betrayed by members here that take my posts over there for the
simple purpose of mocking me as an individual.

I'm not missing the point, this is the first time I've heard you articulate the point. So you feel betrayed. That's an answer.
  The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

Offline bailey1205

« Reply #36 on: July 25, 2009, 04:26:24 pm »
I'm not missing the point, this is the first time I've heard you articulate the point. So you feel betrayed. That's an answer.

Yes, the things said on there were pretty mean spirited, and brutal about people I do care about on here.
It wasn't about issues, it was very personal. 

I would ask you if you found out someone was saying those kinds of things about you, how would you react?
seriously?

Would you trust that person again?  Even want to communicate with them?

Offline bailey1205

« Reply #37 on: July 25, 2009, 04:37:35 pm »
Good point Gary.

Wanna cup of coffee?  A piece of cherry cake?

:)

Offline milomorris

• No crybabies
« Reply #38 on: July 25, 2009, 04:48:02 pm »
Would you trust that person again?  Even want to communicate with them?

Nope.

I think I'm correct in saying that everyone who has been criticized over there already has some negative history with the individuals posting the criticism. So it doesn't seem to me that there is any love lost. Who knows, though...I could be wrong about that.

Offline bailey1205

« Reply #39 on: July 25, 2009, 04:55:38 pm »
Nope.

I think I'm correct in saying that everyone who has been criticized over there already has some negative history with the individuals posting the criticism. So it doesn't seem to me that there is any love lost. Who knows, though...I could be wrong about that.

It's all good.

I am happy to oblige.