Author Topic: Off-site discussion of BetterMost posts  (Read 90078 times)

Offline milomorris

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • No crybabies
Re: Gay Couple Detained After Kissing on Mormon Church-Owned Property
« Reply #50 on: July 25, 2009, 08:20:54 pm »
I couldn't agree more, personally. I don't give a damn what anyone might copy of mine and discuss on the other site. If anything, it's flattering that people who have left or semi-quit BetterMost are still all abuzz over stuff that gets posted here. Have at it!  :)

Yup. And nobody should assume anything even remotely resembling gravity, discretion, or prudence from people one meets online. You really don't know them. All one sees is pixels and text strings. Reality might possibly be quite different.
  The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

--Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

Offline milomorris

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • No crybabies
« Reply #51 on: July 25, 2009, 08:22:25 pm »
You're right.  'Know' as in as much as we can 'know' without BM turning into a dating site.  ;D

That was GOOD!!!

;D ;D ;D ;D
  The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

--Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

Offline bailey1205

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #52 on: July 25, 2009, 08:53:14 pm »
Yup. And nobody should assume anything even remotely resembling gravity, discretion, or prudence from people one meets online. You really don't know them. All one sees is pixels and text strings. Reality might possibly be quite different.

That is true, and that is why you have to be careful what you talk about with whom.

Offline bailey1205

Re: Offisite Discussion of Bettermost Posts
« Reply #53 on: July 25, 2009, 08:55:49 pm »
Exactly. It strikes me as peculiar, not to mention ironic, that someone would start a forum as a "retreat" from another forum, but then have the need to use quotes from the forum from which you supposedly "retreated" as fodder!   :laugh:  Seems odd, and kind of sad, that the members wouldn't have enough to say to each other to keep a conversation going without relying on Bettermost.  I guess it's hard to move on.

Yes, so it would appear.

Offline bailey1205

« Reply #54 on: July 25, 2009, 08:57:31 pm »
There's plenty of fodder at places like Bilerico, and AfterElton to keep us going for years. At this point in time, Jess is focused on the noise being made here. After all, y'all did just kick her ass to the curb a few weeks ago. As time progresses, we will find other content to "sneer" at. Rest assured.

As a defense of the mods here, Jess had a little something to do with ending up on that curb.
It takes two to tango !
 :)

I am sure she will move on in time.

Offline Luvlylittlewing

« Reply #55 on: July 25, 2009, 08:59:08 pm »
You're right.  'Know' as in as much as we can 'know' without BM turning into a dating site.  ;D

Actually, I know several people here, personally.  I've had BM members as guests in my home, and I speak to a few regularly on the phone, which is why I'm all hot and bothered about my friends here being attacked.

Offline Luvlylittlewing

« Reply #56 on: July 25, 2009, 09:00:09 pm »
As a defense of the mods here, Jess had a little something to do with ending up on that curb.
It takes two to tango !
:)

I am sure she will move on in time.

As they say in my neighborhood, "sho you right!"

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #57 on: July 25, 2009, 09:03:53 pm »
After all, y'all did just kick her ass to the curb a few weeks ago.

"Y'all"?  "I" didn't kick anybody's ass anywhere.  In fact, I wasn't even aware that she had been "kicked" anywhere at all until yesterday. 

As time progresses, we will find other content to "sneer" at. Rest assured.

Oh, no need to assure me  :) It doesn't matter to me who or what you find to "sneer" at - or if there's sneering taking place at all!   :)  As Katherine said:  Have at it!
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline Luvlylittlewing

« Reply #58 on: July 25, 2009, 09:08:04 pm »
"Y'all"?  "I" didn't kick anybody's ass anywhere.  In fact, I wasn't even aware that she had been "kicked" anywhere at all until yesterday. 

Oh, no need to assure me  :) It doesn't matter to me who or what you find to "sneer" at - or if there's sneering taking place at all!   :)  As Katherine said:  Have at it!

Thank you, MarieZ!  This is my attitude, as well.

Offline bailey1205

« Reply #59 on: July 25, 2009, 09:08:13 pm »
Actually, I know several people here, personally.  I've had BM members as guests in my home, and I speak to a few regularly on the phone, which is why I'm all hot and bothered about my friends here being attacked.

I've met quite a few also.

Meryl, Rouxb, Lynne , Paul, Richard, Truman, Chuck, Jeff, John, Monika, Sophia,
Chrissi, Clarissa, Leslie, Mikaela .... I'm forgetting somebody, I know.

And, trust me, Meryl will bust my chops as fast as anyone elses when I get out of line.
 ;D

Karen