Author Topic: The Full Moon  (Read 98467 times)

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
Re: The Full Moon
« Reply #70 on: January 21, 2016, 11:23:48 pm »
The Northern Lights created a large wolf in the sky, previewing the Full Wolf Moon on Saturday:

http://www.higherperspectives.com/wolf-over-sweded-1560314052.html?c=ss
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #71 on: January 22, 2016, 09:53:47 am »
the full moon is going to cause high tides during our storm this weekend, which will worsen coastal flooding.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline serious crayons

« Reply #72 on: January 22, 2016, 10:12:26 am »
to your benefit, as well as ours!  :)

Chuck, apparently I haven't been to the full moon thread in quite a while, and when I clicked just now, I came to this! Thank you!  :-*

Also, I'll be thinking of you, and all you East Coasterish people, this weekend. Blizzards suck, IMO.

Offline serious crayons

« Reply #73 on: January 22, 2016, 10:16:19 am »
A super moon occurs when a full moon or new moon is closest to Earth and comes within 224,834 miles of us, which will happen six times this year, according to earthsky.org.

I wonder what was up with last year. I don't think I'd ever heard of a super moon before a year or so ago. Then six in a year??

Maybe global warming is throwing off the whole solar system!  :o

Offline serious crayons

« Reply #74 on: January 22, 2016, 10:31:40 am »
I understand what you're saying. I always thought, before it happened, that "empty nest syndrome" was a made-up thing, but once it happened, I realized it is a Real Thing.  :-\

And again, sorry, but I wanted to catch up with this, too, even though it's non-lunar. Yes, it's definitely a real thing.

But I'll have to say I envy people like you whose kids are still close by, so you can see them anytime, as well as your grandchildren. Whereas I have one son 400 miles away (Chicago) and the other half a country away (formerly in NYC, now in LA). So I see them only in the summer and around the holidays (well, Jack visits a little more often because Chicago is closer).

Ironically, when they are here they mostly drive me crazy. They eat so much food, I'm constantly shopping or cooking or ordering pizza. I make some casserole kind of dish that if it were just me would last for two dinners and two lunches, and it's gone the next day. They leave clothes and dishes lying around. They stay up until 4 a.m. and sleep until 2 p.m.

With kids it's so often either not enough, or too much. Having them live in the same city but in different homes seems like the best of all worlds. But both of my kids swear they will not live in Minneapolis when they grow up.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #75 on: January 22, 2016, 12:27:34 pm »
I wonder what was up with last year. I don't think I'd ever heard of a super moon before a year or so ago. Then six in a year??

I know, right?

Maybe they just used another term for it?  I certainly don't recall hearing it before.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline milomorris

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • No crybabies
« Reply #76 on: January 22, 2016, 05:09:04 pm »

hehehe...

Or maybe its that extra planet they think is part of our solar system. Its gravity could be altering the moon's orbit.
  The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

--Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #77 on: April 22, 2016, 08:43:51 pm »
Tonight is supposed to be a pink full moon, but we've got heavy cloud cover right now, so no moon to see.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #78 on: June 19, 2016, 10:16:47 am »
Are you ready for the full moon in June at the summer solstice? What's your go-to full moon song?

http://www.almanac.com/blog/astronomy/astronomy/summer-solstice-full-moon-june
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #79 on: June 19, 2016, 08:31:51 pm »
Isn't it exciting? A full moon at the summer solstice!  :D
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.