Author Topic: Photo Captions - Irreverent! Beware  (Read 1235135 times)

Offline twistedude

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • "It's nobody's business but ours."
    • "every sort of organized noise"
Re: Photo Captions - Irreverent! Beware
« Reply #830 on: September 28, 2006, 02:06:32 pm »
Jack, thinking:   November...yeah......
« Last Edit: September 28, 2006, 02:08:48 pm by twistedude »
"We're each of us alone, to be sure. What can you do but hold your hand out in the dark?" --"Nine Lives," by Ursula K. Le Guin, from The Wind's Twelve Quarters

Offline jpwagoneer1964

• Me and my 1951 DeSoto Suburban
« Reply #831 on: September 28, 2006, 02:23:53 pm »
 WARNING SERIOUS

Don't want folks ta feel bad fer me none.These here shirts, what they mean, worth more that all the gold on earth. Got ta experice best part of life, more that most folks ever do, I know I did the best I knowed how ta protect it. Keep me goin' fer the rest of ma days even If Ah make it ta 100.

Also run in 'Fantasy Scenes'
Thank you Heath and Jake for showing us Ennis and Jack,  teaching us how much they loved one another.

Offline twistedude

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #832 on: September 28, 2006, 02:34:45 pm »
Er..most of mine are serious...

Only Aguirre's licence plate in 1963 conforms to the law that no Wyoming licence plate can have more than 4 digits, four letters, or a combination of the two adding up to fiour on it (Jack's GMC has 6; the big truck that brings Ennis has 5--and it IS a Wyoming truck.

JPW: in 71 years, I never thouight of the crosses...now I'm stuck with them! Well, if ya can't fix it...
« Last Edit: October 04, 2006, 12:11:19 am by twistedude »
"We're each of us alone, to be sure. What can you do but hold your hand out in the dark?" --"Nine Lives," by Ursula K. Le Guin, from The Wind's Twelve Quarters

Offline twistedude

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #833 on: September 28, 2006, 02:41:06 pm »
Jack (nods): Sure, Mr. Aguirre--it's your trailer...it's your world...for a while.

Offline twistedude

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #834 on: September 28, 2006, 02:45:27 pm »
Jack, thinking: gee, we work together liike a well-oiled machine...and ya know wht? That sounds sexy as hell..
« Last Edit: September 28, 2006, 02:59:58 pm by twistedude »

Offline twistedude

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #835 on: September 28, 2006, 02:53:04 pm »
Jack, thinking: I will kiss him with the kisses of my mouth...(out loud): You from ranch people?

Offline twistedude

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #836 on: September 28, 2006, 02:59:08 pm »
..make the steam of the dragon's breath.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2006, 03:11:00 pm by twistedude »

Offline jpwagoneer1964

« Reply #837 on: September 28, 2006, 03:39:31 pm »
Er..most of mine are serious...

JPW: in 71 years, I never thouight of the crosses...now I'm stuck with them! Well, if ya can't fix it...
A while back someone said something in a thread about the pole symbiolizing crosses among several other things that I thought were overboard not not in the intent of the film makers, or authors.

As you  know I put the more serious but some times funny stuff in 'Fantasy Scenes' but sometime rerun it here with a warning since it's 'the Lighter Side'.

regards Mark
« Last Edit: September 28, 2006, 03:50:45 pm by jpwagoneer1964 »
Thank you Heath and Jake for showing us Ennis and Jack,  teaching us how much they loved one another.

Offline twistedude

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #838 on: September 28, 2006, 04:09:59 pm »
Mark: I wasn't thinking about telephone poles as crosses just  in this  movie, but just that from now on, whenever I see a telephone pole...did you see "Spartacus"? I agree, I don't think the telephone poles have that symbolic value in BBM...

Someone long ago said the shirts are "the outward and visable sign of an inward and spiritual grace." Both Catholics and Protestants use this (originally said by St . Augustine) to mean any sacramnt--(especiaslly Communion)The Catholics mean "it is"; the Protestants, "it was; we remember."
« Last Edit: September 28, 2006, 06:31:07 pm by twistedude »

Offline jpwagoneer1964

« Reply #839 on: September 28, 2006, 05:52:35 pm »
Ennis thinking:
 Just tying These knots good an tight so the load be secure. Ain't gonna sit around all day, don't mean nothin', just knots is all.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2006, 06:19:44 pm by jpwagoneer1964 »