Author Topic: Are you "Undateable"?  (Read 71388 times)

Offline Mandy21

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Are you "Undateable"?
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2010, 11:39:26 pm »
Tighty whities are definitely NOT the thing to wear when a man is lookin' to get laid by a woman over the age of 18.  I broke up with a guy who had me in a penthouse suite in Memphis, when I woke up and saw him wearing those.  He was in his 50's.

SOOOOOOOOO wrong.
Dawn is coming,
Open your eyes...

Offline wulfar360

• BetterMost Welcome Wagon
    • myspace
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2010, 11:41:30 pm »
21. Moobs

(untrim chest/overweight, so the man looks like he has "man boobs")

25. Bad Driver (Sissy/Rage)

(either a fearful driver, or angry driver)

30. Wimpy Drinker

(drinking fruit flavored drinks instead of beer or hard liquor)
although i do like margaritta etc i like tequilla shots also have one for my bday every year

32. Hairy Back, Neck & Nose

40. Disturbing Laugh
 im constantly told i have a evil laught that the same?

53. Talking About Video Games

57. Stupid Tees

(t-shirts with "clever" slogans on them)

83. Rearranging Junk

90. Cell Phone On The Waist
where the ffuck am i suppoed to put it?

Sometimes it all still feels like a mass of dots               
but
more and more these days
I feel like we're all connected
and it's beautiful   
and funny
and good.

Aaron Davis Latter Days

"Its better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are  not"

Offline Mandy21

« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2010, 01:16:17 am »
Women (allegedly) don't like their men in plain white underwear?  ???

What do they want? None at all? Boxers with Tweetie Bird on them?  ???

Heya, Jeff, in my opinion as a semi-middle-aged single lady, the answer would be:

1.  If the man has nice, strong, defined thighs, boxer briefs of any color and fabric (I mean, who the hell cares once we know what those nice thighs are capable of)
2.  If the man doesn't have the nicest of thighs, boxers of any color other than white (white reminds us girls of our fathers, back in the days when they only came in one color)
3.  If the man is very cocky (every pun intended), then none at all certainly makes for easier access when us girls are planning a surprise nocturnal attack

Tweetie bird, I'm afraid, and Irish shamrocks and Valentine hearts and Santa Clauses, would also have to be deal-breakers, regardless of the number of miles that said man runs or laps he swims daily. In fact, a call to the fashion police, or to his mother, would definitely be in order.
   ;D
Dawn is coming,
Open your eyes...

Offline Marina

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2010, 08:44:27 am »
LOL - funny.

I love a guy with creativity and humor, so silk boxers, striped boxers, plaid boxers, and especially important remembering important holidays like St. Patrick's Day and Valentine's Day with shamrocks and hearts, whatever the case may be, is fun!   It sometimes like crazy neckties too - but only if thought is put into the creativity.   I don't mind the silly banter either.  :) 

“Only within the moment of time represented by the present century has one species -- man -- acquired significant power to alter the nature of his world.”
~Rachel Carson~

~Looking back on it, they both realized it was the best thing they ever had.~  - A Mother's Love

Offline underdown

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • aka... Rob
« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2010, 10:31:35 am »
Awww. Of those that I understand, I think I'm guilty of only a few of them .... and I'm still undateable.  :(

Maybe they are the worst ones ?

29. Double denim sometimes (but so what ?).
56. Bad dancing (Two left feet).
60. Going shirtless in public (but only at recreation areas and the beach).
91. Unfortunate ties (my daughter gave me one that had small pics of that little bird in Snoopy cartoons all over it, each one complete with the work 'bonk'. Know what she said ? "Dad, I know it says 'bonk' all over, but don't").
And that's the only unfortunate tie that I have worn in public. ;D

Offline Marina

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2010, 11:03:05 am »
75. Boners (A "boner" in Oz is an erection, but it surely can't be that in the context of this survey, could it?)

LOL - I can't see how that would be a bad thing. 

Jeez - these lists, it's like they wanna put a guy through a machine and give him a personality-ectomy and make them all the same!   I don't mind crocs, and a guy can drink whatever beverage he likes.    Some of the things on the list bother me, that "word" I wouldn't like to hear, or juvenile humor, and I'm gone.    Going dutch on the first date is fine; in fact, I'd insist.   I don't mind hearing about an ex early on.   :)   The plaid boxers are my fave in one of the posts.  :)
“Only within the moment of time represented by the present century has one species -- man -- acquired significant power to alter the nature of his world.”
~Rachel Carson~

~Looking back on it, they both realized it was the best thing they ever had.~  - A Mother's Love

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2010, 12:14:06 pm »
Almost all of these are pretty obnoxious, all right. Some more than others. A few, I didn't know what they meant -- and don't want to!  :laugh:

But #92, quoting lines in movies? There ain't no reins on that one!

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2010, 01:42:24 pm »
75. Boners (A "boner" in Oz is an erection, but it surely can't be that in the context of this survey, could it?)

That's the only definition I know of boner.

Seems kind of contradictory to me: Women don't like men walking around with an erection, but they also don't like briefs (underwear) that tend to control something like that!

Oh, well, you can't please all of the people all of the time!  :laugh:

I don't know who Ed Hardy is either. Maybe he's related to Damn Kyle (see "Brokeback Through the Looking Glass.)  ;D
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2010, 01:57:50 pm »
I don't know who Ed Hardy is either.

The rule against Ed Hardy seems redundant with No. 69, Skullwear. That's what Ed Hardy is most known for.

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2010, 08:27:21 pm »
87. Ordering Wine @ Stadium

65. Crocs

37. Excessive Ed Hardy

Well Katherine answered about Ed Hardy.

#87.  There are some sports arenas where they will serve glasses of wine.  The women in question are saying that seems "out of place" and strange, perhaps pretentious.  In their opinion, if you are at an arena for a sports event, order bottles of beer to drink.

#65.  Crocs.  Ugly shoes.  I believe they're made of rubber.  They say guys shouldn't wear them.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!