Author Topic: Least Favorite Character in BBM  (Read 47186 times)

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
Re: Least Favorite Character in BBM
« Reply #120 on: June 14, 2008, 12:12:30 pm »
Artiste, Seriouscrayons is right, no member of this forum is unconcerned about the murders of gay people and others, but I am sorry we do not respond to your repeated and as near as I can tell, largely undocumented instances. You say "so and so was killed leaving a gay bar", okay, how about a link to a media report about it?

Many here are involved with PFLAG, The Human Rights Campaign, The Matthew Shepard Foundation, all ways we can work to make this a better and safer world for gay people. That and watching our own backs to keep from becomeing vistims ourselves, what else would you like us to do, Mr. Artiste? We have been the target of hate for thousands of years, it is not going change over night or ever completely leave us.
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

injest

« Reply #121 on: June 14, 2008, 12:39:04 pm »
Ok, I know I started this by posting off topic but this thread is devoted to the movie....please confine your comments to the movie so others can contribute their opinions

thanks!

Offline Artiste

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #122 on: June 14, 2008, 01:10:05 pm »
And where is my reply to shakestheground ?

It was a decent reply !

injest

« Reply #123 on: June 14, 2008, 01:12:21 pm »
And where is my reply to shakestheground ?

It was a decent reply !

it is in your blog! In its own subject. did you vote in this poll? Which character in Brokeback Mountain did you NOT like? I didn't like Bobby, or the preacher...yuck..

Offline Artiste

« Reply #124 on: June 14, 2008, 01:18:09 pm »
Injest, what do you mean in my blog ?

It HAS to be in this thread?

I replied to Skakestheground here in this thread ! Since Shakestheground misread my words !

Where is it in this thread ?

injest

« Reply #125 on: June 14, 2008, 01:24:35 pm »
although reviewing the options....JIMBO wasn't high on my list of FAVORITES...

but that may be because throughout the whole scene I was thinking "He don't hold a candle to Ennis!!"

oh and that reminded me of the Mexican whore....That was an awful character... :P

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #126 on: June 14, 2008, 01:46:05 pm »
One thing I like about BBM is that few of the characters -- with the exceptions of maybe Mr. Del Mar and Mrs. Twist -- are completely bad or completely good.

John Twist is a jerk, but apparently did not object to Jack's bringing a man up to live on the ranch.

LaShawn is a blabbermouth and disdainful of her husband, but is cute and able to shrug off Lureen's insult.

Aguirre is gruff, but doesn't fire Jack and Ennis or even mention having seen them stemmin the rose until much later.

L. D. Newsome is obnoxious, but enables Jack go from poor to affluent.

Cassie plunks her stinky feet in Ennis' lap, but is well meaning and loves Ennis even though he's not fun.

Jimbo brusquely rejects Jack and possibly gossips behind his back, but saves Jack from being gored by a bull.

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #127 on: June 14, 2008, 02:18:55 pm »
One thing I like about BBM is that few of the characters -- with the exceptions of maybe Mr. Del Mar and Mrs. Twist -- are completely bad or completely good.

John Twist is a jerk, but apparently did not object to Jack's bringing a man up to live on the ranch.

LaShawn is a blabbermouth and disdainful of her husband, but is cute and able to shrug off Lureen's insult.

Aguirre is gruff, but doesn't fire Jack and Ennis or even mention having seen them stemmin the rose until much later.

Cassie plunks her stinky feet in Ennis' lap, but is well meaning and loves Ennis even though he's not fun.

Jimbo brusquely rejects Jack and possibly gossips behind his back, but saves Jack from being gored by a bull.

Yes, I agree that one of the reasons BBM is so interesting and stands up over so much time and so many viewings is the complexity written into all the characters including the ones we only see briefly (like LaShawn, etc.).  There are positive and negative things about all the characters including Jack and Ennis, which makes the characters feel like real people. 

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline Artiste

« Reply #128 on: June 14, 2008, 04:31:22 pm »
Why was my answer taken away, and NOT the ones from other members here ?

That is wrong !!

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #129 on: June 15, 2008, 02:44:48 am »

I love this synopsis so much!  :)