Author Topic: Bitch, Bitch, Bitch  (Read 371536 times)

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"
Re: Bitch, Bitch, Bitch
« Reply #570 on: December 20, 2008, 03:49:11 pm »
And the hits just keep onnnnnnnnnnnnnn comin'.  >:( >:( >:(

My mother called yesterday.  My sister's car got repo'd, so since she cannot take care of her own financial affairs, my mother is going to take my sister off her bank account and make me her Power of Attorney.

However, and sadly for me, mom offered my sister to come stay with her so she can save up money and get another car - because she has already spent the $10,000 in inheritance money she got from my mother earlier.

My mother plans on making it a short term offer, but my mother still harbors some hope she will be around longer and be able to evict my sister after a few months.  And she doesn't want my sister's dog in the house and she doesn't have a good fence for her yard.  And my sister's dog is an indoor dog.  Will my sister sacrifice her daughter's dog to save on money and get a chance to move into the house ahead of me after all?

I told my mother if my sister takes her up on her office, that's it for me ever getting a chance to live in the house and save up for a downpayment on my own house because legally I will be unable to evict her and my sister doesn't care about her moral/ethical or emotional obligations to her siblings.

And then of course if she is still in the house when mother passes away, she will be responsible for paying the newly increased taxes - lest she lose the house in a tax sale - and the homeowners insurance - which she doesn't even pay renters insurance now.

Will we be able to depend on her to spend money on the house to keep it up?

I have no idea.  My sister has failed to live up to any expectations so far.

So basically, the irresponsible sister will likely get the bulk of the estate and a free house and I'm left to make other plans for my future.

Stay tuned in for more soap opera digest!   

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #571 on: December 20, 2008, 03:53:00 pm »
Not sure what to say here Dela,  :(
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline delalluvia

« Reply #572 on: December 21, 2008, 12:07:47 am »
Not sure what to say here Dela,  :(

I know how you feel, Kelda.  I was speechless when I got the latest this evening...my sister had been borrowing her ex-husband's car because he normally takes the train to work...and he and his car were involved in a carwreck today.

I guess the upside is that the wreck was the other guy's fault, he was insured and my ex-brother-in-law wasn't hurt (at least yet that we know of).

The downside is my sister trying to get another car to borrow...

Offline delalluvia

« Reply #573 on: December 31, 2008, 08:14:40 pm »

Just been back to IMDb after a long time away.

What is this authentication shit?  I just want to post on the boards and NO, I don't want to give them my ID on other sites that contains personal information with financial data on it.

Why the fuck can't I just post?

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr  >:( >:(

injest

« Reply #574 on: January 01, 2009, 12:37:07 am »
Just been back to IMDb after a long time away.

What is this authentication shit?  I just want to post on the boards and NO, I don't want to give them my ID on other sites that contains personal information with financial data on it.

Why the fuck can't I just post?

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr  >:( >:(

cause you are BAD!! BAD Del!!

they got you on the naughty (but nice) list!!

:laugh:

Offline delalluvia

« Reply #575 on: July 25, 2009, 08:30:12 pm »
My poor mom.

It isn't bad enough that she's terminal and invalid, but things just keep happening.

Last night around 11 pm, some stupid drunk MF plowed his car into a brand spanking new car parked on her street.  He tried to run, but was so drunk, he jumped his car over the sidewalk and right into her front yard and fence, tearing down the concrete posts, driveway gate, sidewalk gate, two shrubs and all the fencing in-between.

He was so drunk, he couldn't even stand to try to escape on foot.  The neighbors - whose new car he totalled - kept a watch over him until the police arrived - 1.5 hours later.

The cops took him off to jail and impounded his car.  For all the good it will do.

He had no driver's license, was an illegal alien and so of course, he had no insurance.

>:( >:(

Boy, was my mom pissed.  We were over there today, taking pictures of the damage, hauling away loose pieces and hoping she has full coverage on her homeowners insurance policy to pay for all the damage.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2009, 02:43:07 pm by delalluvia »

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #576 on: July 26, 2009, 09:29:29 am »
God, thats a real shame Del..  :-\  >:(

And what an ass!
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline delalluvia

« Reply #577 on: July 26, 2009, 02:23:21 pm »
God, thats a real shame Del..  :-\  >:(

And what an ass!

Thanks Kelda.  My sister thinks it's "exciting", I think it's a pain the ass and makes me grumpy about our helplessness - that people can be so irresponsible and for all practical purposes get away with it.  >:(  It ups my mother's blood pressure and stresses her out which is not good for someone with a suppressed immune system.  We can only hope insurance will pay for the repairs, otherwise my mother will be forced to use more of her retirement/savings to pay to repair the damage.  >:(.

Offline delalluvia

« Reply #578 on: July 26, 2009, 02:41:36 pm »
New bitch of the day.

Why is it that on internet community boards, I seem to get along fine with boards whose posters are the majority men and boards that are co-ed, but on boards where the majority of the posters are women, I don't.

I find this extremely strange seeing as men are scarce in my life and I do nothing but interact almost daily with no one but women.  I've not dated or had sex with a man in over 5 years, my sister hasn't had men in her life on a regular basis since her divorce, my father passed away years ago, I only see my half-brother one or twice a year, all my closest friends are women and when I was employed, the majority of my fellow co-workers were women as well.

I am invariably confronted, told I am too upfront, too blunt {that is seen as a bad thing, apparently), the wording of my posts is 'unfortunate' or trollish.  Some posters react with teary and/or very angry bitchy emotional posts.

Not that they all do, of course.  A few women support and/or understand what I was saying/meant, but they invariably get beaten down by the outpouring of outrage.  But seeing as I behave and the mods don't caution me and indeed they have posted several times cautioning the others  that the board is a discussion board and not a 'support' board, there isn't much they can do except gang up against me whenever I post - sort of like a high school clique.

This has happened on at least 2 boards for me so far.

Anyone else have this problem or it is just me?

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #579 on: July 27, 2009, 10:11:14 am »
New bitch of the day.

Why is it that on internet community boards, I seem to get along fine with boards whose posters are the majority men and boards that are co-ed, but on boards where the majority of the posters are women, I don't.

I find this extremely strange seeing as men are scarce in my life and I do nothing but interact almost daily with no one but women.  I've not dated or had sex with a man in over 5 years, my sister hasn't had men in her life on a regular basis since her divorce, my father passed away years ago, I only see my half-brother one or twice a year, all my closest friends are women and when I was employed, the majority of my fellow co-workers were women as well.

I am invariably confronted, told I am too upfront, too blunt {that is seen as a bad thing, apparently), the wording of my posts is 'unfortunate' or trollish.  Some posters react with teary and/or very angry bitchy emotional posts.

Not that they all do, of course.  A few women support and/or understand what I was saying/meant, but they invariably get beaten down by the outpouring of outrage.  But seeing as I behave and the mods don't caution me and indeed they have posted several times cautioning the others  that the board is a discussion board and not a 'support' board, there isn't much they can do except gang up against me whenever I post - sort of like a high school clique.

This has happened on at least 2 boards for me so far.

Anyone else have this problem or it is just me?

Hunh. I take it you mean at boards other than BetterMost? I haven't noticed this happening to you here. You and I have certainly had our disagreements, some pretty intense but never teary or bitchy. In fact, I've always thought you were very good at keeping your cool. Other times, of course, we've agreed.

But then, maybe this is one of the co-ed boards you were referring to. Here, I don't think I see much difference between the way that women in general and men in general express themselves. Some of both sexes are very outspoken and opinionated, others of both sexes avoid debate and don't like conflict.

BetterMost and IMDb's BBM board are the only message boards I've ever contributed to extensively. I was on a yahoo board for mothers for a while -- all women, obviously -- and I did contribute some posts, sometimes disagreeing with other POVs, but it never got too carried away. For the most part, people posted lone opinions or articles rather than debating back and forth. It was more a newsletter-style board, though.

So I have nothing more to add from personal experience, though I would be interested in hearing others' thoughts. I can see where it might be possible that women, who are often socialized to cooperate, would get more upset by strong arguments than men, who are socialized to compete. As I said, I don't see that happening here, but maybe at all-women's boards it does.