Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 9081634 times)

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #10220 on: September 08, 2011, 12:48:44 am »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

In general, it takes about 20 minutes or so to get to work.  Today, I hit traffic at 7:15am, and got to my cubicle at work at 9:30am.

It was awful.  I truly hope that whatever happened on that ramp, that everyone survived.  My brother is on the police force, and he told me that when an accident area is closed to other traffic, it can mean the accident resulted in a fatality.

Ugh. When I'm in a trafffic jam, I try to keep my patience by thinking that no matter how long it may take me to get through, everything is better than being the cause of the traffic jam.
Yes, closed road means something really bad happened. :-\

Today's Travel Destination:

Vence - Provence-Alpes-Cote D'azur,  France

Cognoscenti are attracted to the open-air market in Vence (regarded as one of the best in the region) and to the unpretentious, everyday feel of the city, which is tucked in the rolling backgountry beyond the coastal Riviera.

I'm pretty sure I was there. The second vacation hubby and I ever went on was a roadtrip around southern France, especially the Cote D'Azur. And it looks familiar. But it's too long ago to say with certainty. That was ... lemmie think .... 1986, between 12th and 13th grade at school.  :o

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #10221 on: September 08, 2011, 04:24:59 am »
Wow thats some difference int ime.. and if there hadn;t been an accident in the road - how long ould it have taken you leaving at 7.15?
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #10222 on: September 08, 2011, 07:35:46 am »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

Thankfully, today's commute went off without a hitch!  Got to work on time, but I'll still have to work an extra hour today to make up for the two hours yesterday.  Ugh!

Oh well, Friday and pay day are on the horizon!

Today's travel destination.

Stockholm Archipelago, Svealand, Sweden.

Youc an travel by ferry, vintage steamer, three-mast schooner, private sailboat, or yach through Sweden's archipelago, a latticework of some 24,000 islands and smooth glacier-polisjed outcroppings that dot a 150-mile stretch off its eastern coast.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #10223 on: September 08, 2011, 07:38:44 am »
Ugh. When I'm in a trafffic jam, I try to keep my patience by thinking that no matter how long it may take me to get through, everything is better than being the cause of the traffic jam.   Yes, closed road means something really bad happened. :-\

Truer words were never spoken!  I'd rather be stuck in traffic than looking at my mangled car.

Wow thats some difference in time.. and if there hadn;t been an accident in the road - how long would it have taken you leaving at 7.15?

Let's see.....if I left at 7:15, I probably would've been to work no later than 7:45.  Instead I was there by 9:30.  :o

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Bork bork bork
« Reply #10224 on: September 08, 2011, 12:58:00 pm »
Strange as it may sound, I've never been to the Stockholm Archipelago.

I live in a different part of the country, and when I've visited Stockholm I haven't really had the chance to go there.

Düva pööp is a förce of natüre

Offline brianr

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #10225 on: September 08, 2011, 03:41:28 pm »
Strange as it may sound, I've never been to the Stockholm Archipelago.

I live in a different part of the country, and when I've visited Stockholm I haven't really had the chance to go there.
You should make the effort. I think a summer holiday on one of the islands would be idyllic.

Back in 2008 I sailed from Riga to Stockholm and the early morning sailing through the archipelago was just stunning with clear blue skies, calm blue waters and another ferry peaking over the islands coming behind us as we weaved through the islands.  I spent several hours up on the top deck. Then 5 days later I sailed to Helsinki and again passed back through the islands. I had a day with Brokies in Stockholm and stayed with Jari in Helsinki.

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Bork bork bork
« Reply #10226 on: September 08, 2011, 04:07:39 pm »
You should make the effort. I think a summer holiday on one of the islands would be idyllic.

Back in 2008 I sailed from Riga to Stockholm and the early morning sailing through the archipelago was just stunning with clear blue skies, calm blue waters and another ferry peaking over the islands coming behind us as we weaved through the islands.  I spent several hours up on the top deck. Then 5 days later I sailed to Helsinki and again passed back through the islands. I had a day with Brokies in Stockholm and stayed with Jari in Helsinki.

Oh yes, I know it would be a wonderful place for a holiday.
And of course, combined with brokie vistis even better!  :)

Düva pööp is a förce of natüre

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #10227 on: September 09, 2011, 08:38:39 am »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

Hope that everyone is having a great day, and has fun planned for the weekend!

Yesterday was a bit hectic with a loan closing that was scheduled....and it seemed that no matter what I did to fund it, road blocks kept getting placed in my way.

::)

The funding finally went through, and all is good with the world.  LOL

My weekend is shaping up to be a quiet one, which suits me just fine!

Today's travel destination.

Marietta, Ohio.

Riverbots reminiscent of the days of Mark Twain are in Marietta today for the Ohio River Sternwheel Festival, a celebration of the era when traffic on the Ohio made Marietta a boomtown.  The twon remembers sternwheelers all summer and into the fall at the Ohio River Museum, which keeps the 1918 W. P. Snyder Jr. moored outside.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #10228 on: September 12, 2011, 07:42:37 am »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

Hope that everyone had a good weekend and is ready for Monday and the new week.

Didn't do anything major on Saturday, and Sunday I went into NYC for dinner, meeting up with Meryl, Lynne, and John.  Pics will be posted later.

It was a sedate/somber meeting, we discussed 9/11, Jackie (Painted Shoes), Rich and other matters.  I think we needed it, to get it all out of our systems.

Today's Travel Destination:

Burgundy, France.

Burgundy's world-class vineyards produce not only renowned wine grapes, but, for the traveler, idyllic days of wine tasting and touring.  Colorful village markets offer fresh produce and delicious cheese to accompany the finest in red and white wines or the humble vin local. There is a palpable buzz in the air during September when the harvest season is in full swing.

« Last Edit: September 12, 2011, 10:04:56 am by CellarDweller »

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #10229 on: September 12, 2011, 10:02:15 am »
It was great seeing you last night, Chuck, along with Lynne and John.  Brokies are the best.  :-*
Ich bin ein Brokie...