Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 9232288 times)

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Bork bork bork
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #11230 on: August 23, 2012, 03:30:45 pm »
You're welcome to come over here and buy chocolate for my workplace any time, Chuck.  8)

Düva pööp is a förce of natüre

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #11231 on: August 24, 2012, 08:46:56 am »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

It's Friday and Pay Day!

;D

I want one of those trees in my back yard, but I want it to have bigger bills on it!   :laugh:

Hope that everyone is doing well today.  I noticed a lot of people on Facebook saying they didn't get good sleep last night, and I was one of them.  Hmmmph.   Wonder what was the issue for us all?

Thought you may find these pics amusing!  I've posted here before that I'm the one in charge of replenishing the candy supplies here at my job. 

Well, end of last week to Wednesday of this week I was out of the office.  I realized yesterday that no one had taken care of the candy while I was away.  LOL

Here is what the "candy table" looked like yesterday when I left.

The jar to the left has milk chocolate M&Ms in it, middle are some mints, and tub to the right has dark chocolate M&Ms.

Here is the "candy table" today.

L to R:  Bowl of Milky Ways, milk chocolate M&Ms, mints, white chocolate M&Ms, cherry liccorice, dark choclate M&Ms and bowl of Hershey Bliss candies....the brown wrappers are dark choclate/caramel, and the blue is white chocolate.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline brianr

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #11232 on: August 24, 2012, 03:52:34 pm »
I find this terrible. The only item I would eat on any regular basis would be the mints. Cannot you provide nuts and dried fruit? I like a few pieces of dark chocolate in the evening while watching TV but only eat sweets(candy?) on very special occasions. There are various reports as to whether dark chocolate is good or bad. My sister complains that I put a spoonful of sugar in my coffee, she only buys sugar when I stay with her, and I like a piece of cake with my morning coffee. Thankfully my workplaces (schools) never provided any food except birthday cakes about once a month.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #11233 on: August 24, 2012, 04:10:19 pm »
I didn't even know they made dark chocolate M&Ms.  ???

I think you should add some dark chocolate Hershey's Miniatures.  ;D

There are various reports as to whether dark chocolate is good or bad.

Dark chocolate is a major food group.  8)
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Bork bork bork
« Reply #11234 on: August 24, 2012, 04:18:22 pm »
You should add some chocolate firemen to the candy table, Chuck.
That way you'll always have some hot firemen around. Seems it's a while since they visited y'all, isn't it?

And what about some chocolate sheep? or beans?
The candy table needs a Brokeback theme!!!

;D

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #11235 on: August 24, 2012, 07:30:45 pm »
I find this terrible. The only item I would eat on any regular basis would be the mints. Cannot you provide nuts and dried fruit? I like a few pieces of dark chocolate in the evening while watching TV but only eat sweets(candy?) on very special occasions. There are various reports as to whether dark chocolate is good or bad. My sister complains that I put a spoonful of sugar in my coffee, she only buys sugar when I stay with her, and I like a piece of cake with my morning coffee. Thankfully my workplaces (schools) never provided any food except birthday cakes about once a month.

Well, I'll tell ya, one of women I work with decided to put out fruit, and no one touched it!  LOL  It sat untouched for a week, and people were asking when the chocolate was coming back.  I'm not sure how nuts would go over.  I'd be willing to try it, I like nuts........wait....

You should add some chocolate firemen to the candy table, Chuck.
That way you'll always have some hot firemen around. Seems it's a while since they visited y'all, isn't it?  And what about some chocolate sheep? or beans?
The candy table needs a Brokeback theme!!!

;D

A Brokeback theme will not work.  LOL  And sure, the candy will be there for the hottie firemen!  ;D

I didn't even know they made dark chocolate M&Ms.  ???

I think you should add some dark chocolate Hershey's Miniatures.  ;D

Dark chocolate is a major food group.  8)

Oh ......dear dear Jeff.....you have soooo much to catch up with.

These are the flavors you are familiar with....milk chocolate and milk chocolate with peanut.

Then we have the dark varities......dark chocolate and dark choclate with peanut.

Next up you have chocolate with pretzel, and chocolate with peanut butter.

Newer additons include "Krispy M&Ms"...kinda like a crunch bar, and chocolate & coconut.

These were followed by White Chocolate (seasonal for Halloween & Easter) and dark chocolate mint.

other flavors that have come along are strawberry peanut butter  (think PB & J), dark chocolate raspberry.  There are also two "premium" flavors....These M&Ms have a soft shell instead of a crunchy one, and they come in two varieties:  "Mint Thrills" which is white chocolate infused with mint and surrounded by dark chocolate, and "Chocolate Trio" which is white, milk and dark all in one M&M.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #11236 on: August 24, 2012, 09:19:05 pm »
I don't "follow" M&Ms. It's too easy to overeat them. With individually wrapped chocolates, like Hershey's Kisses or Miniatures, I can control my intake.  :-\
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Mandy21

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #11237 on: August 25, 2012, 06:58:43 am »
Oy, I'm with Brian, and not just because of the calories, but the sugar and the sodium and the saturated fat and the preservatives.  Ugh!  I think from that incredibly unhealthy table (can't believe H/R has nothing to say about it), I would allow myself one piece of Bliss only on a very, very difficult day.
Dawn is coming,
Open your eyes...

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #11238 on: August 26, 2012, 06:32:35 pm »
I'll often joke around with my friends when they say something shocking, turn to them and say:

"Oh, don't make me clutch my pearls!"

:D :D

Surfing the 'net today, I found the t-shirt in the next post, I think it's a "must purchase"!

Definitely a must T-shirt for you.   :laugh:

Love it!  Get one for me, too!  ;D

OMG, that t-shirt is hilarious, Chuck!!   :laugh: :laugh:

You definitely need at least one!   ;D

I need pearls to clutch too!!  :laugh:

:laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

That shirt is so gay! You'd look just like Margaret Dumont.  8)  ;D

New smilie!

I found a guy online who makes smilies.  LOL  He does "requests" and I explained the "clutch my pearls" phrase.

This is what he came up with.

lol

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Bork bork bork
« Reply #11239 on: August 26, 2012, 06:52:16 pm »
 ;D