Author Topic: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll  (Read 3145171 times)

Offline notBastet

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • no way out but through
Re: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll
« Reply #1790 on: July 18, 2006, 08:54:10 pm »
You can also buy frozen Pillsbury biscuits in a variety of flavors. They come in a re-sealable bag. You just place the frozen biscuit on a baking sheet (I don't remember if they can be microwaved) and pop in the oven.  These are even easier than the ones in a can (none of that popping open of the can or separating out the dough).  They are in the frozen foods section..usually there is an area labeled "Breads".

Leslie - who on earth goes to the grocery store for you?  Husband?  Children?  Everything you eat is home grown?  (I doubt it...)

Keep us posted on how it goes with the biscuits Jenny...  feel free to let us know if you have as much luck with burned biscuits as E and E did....  ;)
“It can be a little distressing to have to overintellectualize yourself” - Heath Ledger

Offline notBastet

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • no way out but through
« Reply #1791 on: July 18, 2006, 08:55:51 pm »
I would like to pose an artistic challenge:

I would LOVE to see Ellery in his blue lizard skin boots....
“It can be a little distressing to have to overintellectualize yourself” - Heath Ledger

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #1792 on: July 18, 2006, 08:58:14 pm »
So I voted for Hugh Jackman early on, but I was never 100% convinced, UNTIL NOW!  My goodness our Ellery is a fine man.

All this time you weren't convinced?  :o

:P

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #1793 on: July 18, 2006, 08:58:58 pm »
I would like to pose an artistic challenge:

I would LOVE to see Ellery in his blue lizard skin boots....

You got it!!  :D
Gimme a few moments though ...lol...

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #1794 on: July 18, 2006, 09:18:07 pm »
Okay Kelly, I got something for ya!...

Granted, he has not shaved and only one boot is showing ... but ..well, you get the idea.. ;D

Offline tamarack

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #1795 on: July 18, 2006, 09:22:30 pm »
Who am I?

i've posted this elsewhere but since I seem to be spending a lot of my time here I'll say it again.  :)

I'm Lauren, I live in Vienna, Maine, about an hour and 45 minutes or so north of Leslie (considering that I have a lot of back roads to travel before really starting to head south). I'm 58, I was divorced this morning after 14 years of marriage ( :)), have a college-age son and a big black-and-white cat living at home with me, and work for an educational non-profit. I was raised in Florida but have been in Maine since 1974, and spent part of that time training and owning standardbred race horses. It's been 23 years, though, since I've owned horses.

I started seeing the movie in February and saw it seven times in the theatre. I've only watched it all the way through on the DVD a couple of times because I'm just not ready for the sadness again just yet, but I've been reading fan fiction since April (including madlori, Someone New, and A Love Born From Steel) and have enjoyed it tremendously. I started out on Dave's board ("junior") and came here because of Leslie and her love of Ennis and Ellery, and just kind of hang around.

I'm an introvert who is striving to be more Jack (although I'm in love with Ennis) and have started making some positive changes in my life that I hope to follow through on and improve upon, all thanks to Jack and Ennis. We'll have to wait and see how it all turns out.

Offline notBastet

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • no way out but through
« Reply #1796 on: July 18, 2006, 09:25:40 pm »
Okay Kelly, I got something for ya!...

Granted, he has not shaved and only one boot is showing ... but ..well, you get the idea.. ;D

Wow... if only all my wishes in life were so quickly fulfilled.

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #1797 on: July 18, 2006, 09:31:02 pm »
Wow... if only all my wishes in life were so quickly fulfilled.
;)

I talked Ellery into posing for me again...so this time, I took a better picture with both boots in !  :laugh:

Offline notBastet

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • no way out but through
« Reply #1798 on: July 18, 2006, 09:36:05 pm »

Offline ranchgal

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #1799 on: July 18, 2006, 09:43:10 pm »
 :o :o :o ;) ;D
OMG!!!!  SIGH