Author Topic: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll  (Read 3145393 times)

Offline christie wood

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
Re: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll
« Reply #4200 on: September 21, 2006, 10:00:19 am »
How about a bandana? He could gag him with it..that would make things erm interesting, after he,s tied him up of course so he cant move. We wouldnt want him to strain his ribs any more would we? So the less he can move about the better. I,ve only got his best interests at heart, havnt I June?  ;) ;) ;) ;)

The bandana is good, I like that.  A lot sexier than the socks anyway.   ;D

Offline christie wood

« Reply #4201 on: September 21, 2006, 10:03:15 am »
Feed the man meat*

Ennis and Ellery met one day
and had a mad affair
These boys were always on the go
their bottoms in the air

* Australian Meat Board advertising slogan

Oh how funny!  Magicmountain, that was hilarious - you are very very talented!!!  Dont like the idea of liver though, urggh. 

Offline christie wood

« Reply #4202 on: September 21, 2006, 10:07:33 am »
Good morning all!

2.  Re:  E&E sex with Junior in the house - The bandana gag and bondage idea sounds HAWWT!  Then again, having quiet sex on purpose when ya usually have loud sex can be very hot and erotic, too.
Gee, I could go either way with this.   :-\   ;)   8)

Hi NavyVet. I have to say that the idea of Ennis and Ellery having intentional quiet sex would be VERY hot and erotic.  My mind is thinking all kinds now - all kinky and naughty things.   ;)   

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #4203 on: September 21, 2006, 10:35:15 am »
I think that might take all of their concentration!
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #4204 on: September 21, 2006, 10:54:25 am »
I believe someone we all know and love (ie, ME!) wrote a silent sex scene...

http://lazylfarm.livejournal.com/20262.html

in case anyone is interested.

Leslie
---------> yes, that was a shameless plug and bit of self promotion!
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline gn411

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #4205 on: September 21, 2006, 11:08:19 am »
On a more subdued note, 

When reading the last chapters, where Ennis and Alma were arguing about Ennis and Ellery’s relationship, I wanted Ennis to just tell Alma to “Grow Up”. But I had to remind myself that the story takes place in 1984, not today.  Sometimes I read the story with  2006 sensibilities. 

Also, I need to remember that this all takes place in the mid-west which is much more conservative than either of the coasts.  Ennis is sometime correct in his concern about what people think and what they might do. Ellery is sometimes very cavalier in his attitude and disposition of self.  Confident in a way that money and position afford.  I don’t think he fully appreciates yet Ennis’s position, or how much he has overcome. 

Ellery is very lucky to have Wes and Edna in his life, who are more forward thinking.
Ennis is really blessed that his daughters are so willing to accept his relationship with Ellery.  But they have not really been tested yet. And Ellery helping pay the college bills and giving Jr. a really cool El Camino does help to sweeten the deal. A lot.

Has anyone else had readjust their thinking to 1984?

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #4206 on: September 21, 2006, 12:03:01 pm »
I finally managed to find a stats counter that runs on HTML pages and put it on chapter 55 of "The Long Way Home" and to my delighted shock, discovered in less than 3 hours, hits on last night's chapter went up to 120.  Subtracting my own refreshes, that is about 110 page hits in 3 hours.  *stunned*

We are not alone, folks.  Many of the visit sources I do not recognize, and there are quite a few originating inside Germany, Sweden, UK and of course US and Canada, which make up the bulk of hits.  There are a lot more people visiting my fic than I would have guessed even by my own most liberal estimates!

Oh and while I'm at it,

Here's a chapter update!

http://louisev.livejournal.com/117615.html  "Chapter 56:  Family Fun"
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Marge_Innavera

« Reply #4207 on: September 21, 2006, 12:23:22 pm »
Has anyone else had readjust their thinking to 1984?

I lived in the Deep South (Georgia) in 1984, and that might have been 22 years ago but the social upheavals of the 1960s and 1970s were a done deal by that time. I assure you, "Grow up" as an expression of impatience was hardly a shocking one even in very conservative areas.

Ennis is sometime correct in his concern about what people think and what they might do. Ellery is sometimes very cavalier in his attitude and disposition of self.  Confident in a way that money and position afford.  I don’t think he fully appreciates yet Ennis’s position, or how much he has overcome. 

I agree, there's a difference generated by economic status and education there as well. Ennis doesn't have the built-in security that people from middle- or upper-class backgrounds tend to have even when things aren't going their way.

Ellery is very lucky to have Wes and Edna in his life, who are more forward thinking.  Ennis is really blessed that his daughters are so willing to accept his relationship with Ellery.  But they have not really been tested yet.

That could be a basis for future plot conflicts in later chapters, for sure.

BTW, I don't think Wyoming could be considered the Midwest.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2006, 12:24:57 pm by Marge_Innavera »

Marge_Innavera

« Reply #4208 on: September 21, 2006, 12:29:56 pm »
Talking of the time Junior came to stay, I found the whole thing of Ennis and Ellery doing it against the outside of the house very erotic and very hot. 

Well you know, where someone is keeping horses there's usually a barn.  ::)

Offline littleguitar

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • She was always a lonely child...
« Reply #4209 on: September 21, 2006, 12:30:15 pm »
oh man... I certainly signed on at a good time, images of Ellery bandanna gagged while Ennis has his way with him... sounds nice!

re: silent sex scenes, they can be incredibly erotic, I agree! One of my favorite movie sex scenes is a silent one, Enemy at the Gates with Jude Law and Rachel Weiz... I'll say no more here, but It's very sexy!
‘cause the truth is, I already give him everythin’ I got to give, more than I ever even knew I had; ‘n it all for him, all of it, him who is my brother, my father, my child, my friend, my lover, my heart, my soul; my Ennis.

-- del Mar Painting, Ch. 48 by b73