Author Topic: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll  (Read 3145272 times)

Offline christie wood

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
Re: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll
« Reply #4270 on: September 22, 2006, 12:14:30 pm »
Was there this request?  I love it, I think Ennis will only feel comfortable dancing with Ellery in the Red Stallion.  I'm thinking about the dance he had with Cassie, but he'll be totally different in his posture and expression when it's Ellery he's dancing with.  Will you do this, Louise?  If not in this book, perhaps the next one featuring The Red Stallion?

I thought this idea mentioned by neatfreak was a brilliant one, and I have often thought that Ennis and Ellery dont really listen to any music at home, do they?  Its usually an Agatha Christie novel or a Clint Eastwood western as their source of alternative entertainment, other than getting fancy I mean.  

I would love to see Ennis and Ellery dance, but to be honest, I dont think it will ever happen in the Red Stallion.  I just couldnt see Ennis being that comfortable to dance with Ellery in front of a crowd of gay men, even if he knows some of them.  I'm not saying I wouldnt want them to dance in the Red Stallion, I just cant imagine it.  Having said that, I could imagine them having a nice, long, smoochy dance at home, with the lights dimmed low, late at night, just the two of them.  I would find that totally romantic.  

Offline christie wood

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
« Reply #4271 on: September 22, 2006, 12:16:41 pm »
I,ts pouring with rain here too June. I,ve just got home from picking my kids up from school. I,m like a drowned rat. I,m sat here with a nice cup of hot chocolate and I,ve just read that chapter. Needless to say I,ve warmed up considerably! :o :o :o

I've not long done the school run too.  First thing I do when I get home, apart from giving my kids something to eat to keep them going until tea time, is get on the computer, check for any LS updates - I know what my priorities are! 

Offline Bigheart

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #4272 on: September 22, 2006, 12:22:53 pm »
I thought this idea mentioned by neatfreak was a brilliant one, and I have often thought that Ennis and Ellery dont really listen to any music at home, do they?  Its usually an Agatha Christie novel or a Clint Eastwood western as their source of alternative entertainment, other than getting fancy I mean.  

I would love to see Ennis and Ellery dance, but to be honest, I dont think it will ever happen in the Red Stallion.  I just couldnt see Ennis being that comfortable to dance with Ellery in front of a crowd of gay men, even if he knows some of them.  I'm not saying I wouldnt want them to dance in the Red Stallion, I just cant imagine it.  Having said that, I could imagine them having a nice, long, smoochy dance at home, with the lights dimmed low, late at night, just the two of them.  I would find that totally romantic.  
I have to agree with Christie here but I totally love neatfreaks idea. I can't see Ennis doing a slow dance in The Red Stallion either, no way. With that crowd of guys that love teasing him so much,  he'll never hear the end of it. Especially if Wayne's there to witness it  ::) Now at home I can see happening. Lovely.  :)

Offline Bigheart

« Reply #4273 on: September 22, 2006, 12:28:06 pm »
I think that is an excellent thought....keep it, and hopefully Louise will somehow work that into the next chapter.  I mean, you're only thinking that because you worry about Ellery and his sore body and only want to make sure he gets better, dont you? I mean, there's no other reason you'd be mentioning that is there?  nothing sexual or anything..... ;)

Nah, no other reason Christie.....I'm sure Souxi's only concern is for Ellery's health.... ;D  ;)  ;D

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #4274 on: September 22, 2006, 12:38:36 pm »
you guys.  How much GETTIN FANCY do you want anyhow?
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #4275 on: September 22, 2006, 12:46:53 pm »
you guys.  How much GETTIN FANCY do you want anyhow?

Lots.

Lots and lots.
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline Bigheart

« Reply #4276 on: September 22, 2006, 12:53:41 pm »
Lots.

Lots and lots.
And lots and lots

And lots

And lots Louise.......  ;D  :-*

Offline souxi

• sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
« Reply #4277 on: September 22, 2006, 12:57:43 pm »
Lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots..................

Ok come on everyone, get chanting, ready? 1 2 3...

"We want hip thrusts, we want hip thrusts, we want hip thrusts, we want hip thrusts.." etc etc etc.  ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

And yes Christie, of course the only reason I mentioned a jacuzzi is because of my concern over Ellerys sore body..nothing to do with erm, you know, (sex) atall,. ahem.  ;) ;) ;) ;)

Offline souxi

• sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
« Reply #4278 on: September 22, 2006, 01:00:45 pm »
I've not long done the school run too.  First thing I do when I get home, apart from giving my kids something to eat to keep them going until tea time, is get on the computer, check for any LS updates - I know what my priorities are! 

Hahahha, thats the first thing I do in the morning!! Before I check boring old "real life", things like e-mails, I check for any updates on slash. I mean, like you said, and quite right too, you HAVE to get your priorities right dont you? and we know what ours are, checking for any overnight hip thrusts lol. ;) ;) ;) ;)

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #4279 on: September 22, 2006, 01:03:00 pm »
ok, you Brits will feel happy.

errr... I cant seem to get that to display:  it shows statistics since noon on the most recent two books.  UK is in second place ahead of Canada!

« Last Edit: September 22, 2006, 01:06:53 pm by louisev »
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”