Author Topic: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll  (Read 3170380 times)

Offline ranchgal

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll
« Reply #4350 on: September 23, 2006, 12:10:39 pm »
Onwards and upwards from now on. Do you think Ennis will wear a ring or something similar, I dunno, like a chain maybe if Ellery got him one? Thats something else for me to sit and ponder about lol.

SIGH, my ideal would be a choker type chain with maybe a neat significant stone or pendant, or maybe an engraved western cuff type bracelet---somehow, I see him balking at a ring, because of the society's interpretation--almost too visible, and the significance too well understood, and maybe taken for granted--like they would have to explain it every time someone said anything about "where's your wife?" type things--  A different type of masculine jewelry-that had significance only too THEM I could see Ennis maybe trying to wear---But it isn't something I see him either bringing up first OR being willing to wear without lots of thinking.   However, IF Ellery gave him something significant, for a anniversary, or Christmas with feelings---Ennis may actually come to his own conclusions about it matters so much to Ellery, it matters to me too--and once his mind gets going on the idea---I can see him wearing something.

BUT it would be an initial HARD SELL!! LOL
« Last Edit: September 23, 2006, 12:14:29 pm by ranchgal »

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #4351 on: September 23, 2006, 12:13:30 pm »
okay folks.... more Alma goodness... er. yeah.

http://louisev.livejournal.com/119533.html  "Chapter 62:  Making Up"
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #4352 on: September 23, 2006, 12:14:56 pm »

SIGH, my ideal would be a choker type chain with maybe a neat significant stone or pendant, or maybe an engraved western cuff type bracelet---somehow, I see him balking at a ring, because of the society's interpretation--almost too visible, and the significance too well understood, and maybe taken for granted--like they would have to explain it every time someone said anything about "where's your wife?" type things--  A different type of jewelry-that had significance only too THEM I could see Ennis maybe trying to wear---But it isn't something I see him either bringing up first OR being willing to wear without lots of thinking.   However, IF Ellery gave him something significant, for a anniversary, or Christmas with feelings---Ennis may actually come to his own conclusions about it matters so much to Ellery, it matters to me too--and once his mind gets going on the idea---I can see him wearing something.

oh don't worry.  The light bulb has gone off in Ellery's head already, and he has an idea that he thinks can't go wrong.
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline souxi

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
« Reply #4353 on: September 23, 2006, 12:29:09 pm »

SIGH, my ideal would be a choker type chain with maybe a neat significant stone or pendant, or maybe an engraved western cuff type bracelet---somehow, I see him balking at a ring, because of the society's interpretation--almost too visible, and the significance too well understood, and maybe taken for granted--like they would have to explain it every time someone said anything about "where's your wife?" type things--  A different type of masculine jewelry-that had significance only too THEM I could see Ennis maybe trying to wear---But it isn't something I see him either bringing up first OR being willing to wear without lots of thinking.   However, IF Ellery gave him something significant, for a anniversary, or Christmas with feelings---Ennis may actually come to his own conclusions about it matters so much to Ellery, it matters to me too--and once his mind gets going on the idea---I can see him wearing something.

Yeah I like the idea of a chain. I can completly see your point about a ring and remarks about a wife. Lots of men wear chains so no one would be suspicious if Ennis would be worried about that. So, gold or silver then?

Offline souxi

• sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
« Reply #4354 on: September 23, 2006, 01:09:26 pm »
oh don't worry.  The light bulb has gone off in Ellery's head already, and he has an idea that he thinks can't go wrong.

Oh good. Well lets hope whatever it is, Ennis likes it then. There has been more than enough angst and stress in their lives lately. Time for some peace and harmony for a change. :)

Offline NavyVet

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Harm/Tony - My fav rare pair
« Reply #4355 on: September 23, 2006, 03:07:35 pm »
Howdy!
I just had to go and rec/pimp and gush about LS over at the Brokeback-Got_Us_Good Yahoo Group.  Here's part of what I posted:

*... I highly recommend it, but don't take my word for it. If you like
interesting, non AU where Ennis gets a second chance at happiness,
angsty, yet hopeful and inspiring, great OC's, cool plots, laced with
plenty of humor and hot smex, all rolled into one fic, then you will
love The Laramie Saga. Check it out.*

Maybe we'll get even MORE new fans to join in!  Yee-haw!   ;D

NavyVet
"Brokeback Mountain:  Where slash is canon!"

Offline souxi

• sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
« Reply #4356 on: September 23, 2006, 03:13:57 pm »
Shelter from the storm, chapter 11.

Ellery nodded, then raised his head, seeking his lips. They kissed, gently, as he snaked his arm around Ennis’s chest and put his hand on his shoulder. Ennis’s tongue slipped between his lips, and Ennis moaned, his body tensing slightly with the stirrings of arousal. Once again, Ellery drew back, breaking the kiss. Ennis was panting, eyes dilated.

“Come on darlin...” he muttered.

“We can’t do this, Ennis, ya need ta rest.”

“What... you started the kissin.”

“Yeah but that’s all it is, kissin.”

“Ellery... can’t ya... stroke me off or somethin?”

Ellery was surprised. “You want me ta do that?”

Ennis closed his eyes, gulped, and nodded. “I ain’t gonna sleep too well with you here by me if somethin don’t happen.”

“How about if I suck ya off?”

Ennis shook his head, reluctantly, opening his eyes. “I think I’d get too excited. Just... yer hand tonight.”

“All right.” Ellery moved back in, lips touching Ennis’s lips, and brought his right hand down to the exposed belly beneath the snugly wrapped bandage, brushing the patch of curls above his cock, making him stir. Ennis’s tongue probed, and he moaned as he grew erect, and Ellery gripped his cock lightly, stroking down as his tongue brushed Ennis’s tongue, his hand stroking gently and firmly.

“Oh... yeah,” Ennis whispered, his hips rising slightly to anticipate the movement of his hand, and his eyes snapped open, looking into Ellery’s smoky eyes. Ennis tightened his arm around Ellery’s back, holding him close, and his hips rose again, his cock now rigid in Ellery’s stroking hand.

“Easy does it,” Ellery cautioned him, slowing his strokes to keep Ennis from bucking. “Yer back, remember...”

Ennis moaned inarticulately, renewing his assault on Ellery’s mouth, his tongue driving in as he began making shorter, more rapid movements in response to the masturbation. Ellery responded by tightening his grip, making a hard circle with his fingers, stimulating him from base to tip, tugging his shaft as he moaned and twitched. Ellery wanted to suck that tip, swallow the velvety shaft over and over, and taste the warm spurt as his ears filled with Ennis’s moans. He swallowed, sucking on Ennis’s intruding tongue, his own hips thrusting against Ennis’s thigh as he pleasured him.

Ennis broke the kiss suddenly by throwing his head back, panting, and a low growl rose from his open mouth, and he arched his back, thrusting up and through Ellery’s pumping hand, a jet of come erupting between the long fingers. He sank back onto the mattress, shuddering.

“Hmmm... you liked that, boy,” Ellery said, gathering up the warm come in his hand and raising it to his mouth. Keeping his eyes on Ennis’s face, he licked his hand methodically.

“Oh.. yeah.”

Ellery let his tongue flicker over his fingers, lapping up his lover’s sticky fluid. “Ya taste good, even all banged up.”

Ennis shuddered again, his eyes riveted to Ellery’s licking tongue. “Ya drive me crazy when ya do that.”

“Ya drive me crazy all the time, sweetheart. Now we got that outta the way...” He leaned back, sliding his wet hand, still sticky, over his own erection, lubricating it. “Ya get ta watch me come.”

“Mmmm... yeah.”

Ellery closed his eyes partway, keeping focused on Ennis’s flushed face, his still heaving chest, and arched up as he began to stroke himself. Masturbation was a completely different experience when observed... for Ellery, it too on more of a performance aspect, his hips rising in rhythm with his stroking hand, fingering the tip and slit of his cock as it wept droplets of precome, adding them to the moisture of Ennis’s come as he stroked, flicking his balls with his fingers with each stroke. He imagined himself impaled on Ennis’s erection as he pumped himself, the image electrifying him with pleasure, and he moaned with delight as Ennis reached over with a hand and latched onto his left nipple, twisting it roughly, causing him to shiver with the stimulation.

“Come on darlin, come on,” Ennis urged, twisting the darkening red flesh of his nipple, Ennis’s pulse once again racing with the excitement of watching Ellery pleasure himself.

“Oh...” Ellery sighed, his hips driving upward as he worked his cock with feverish strokes. He imagined himself held down, Ennis’s hand holding a fistfull if hair, thighs spread, Ennis’s cock driving deep between his cheeks, his cock pulsing with pleasure as it rubbed against the sheet, hearing that groaning cry of pleasure as Ennis released, provoking his own explosion: “Oh fuck...!” he came, squeezing the base of his cock and then upward to the tip as a second jet of come squirted out and across his thigh, dribbling down against Ennis’ thigh. Ennis released his grip on Ellery’s nipple and touched the wet tip of his cock, dabbing his fingers in the hot pool, then brought them to his mouth, grinning at Ellery as his tongue darted out and tasted him. Ellery panted, watching Ennis imitate him and lap his fingers, swallowing.

Just a little something to end my day on.  ;) ;) Night all, c ya tomorow for some more hip thrusts June lol. ;) ;) ;) ;)

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #4357 on: September 23, 2006, 03:27:11 pm »
Update to "The Long Way Home"

http://louisev.livejournal.com/119668.html  "Chapter 63:  The Secrets Girls Share"

Offline Bigheart

« Reply #4358 on: September 23, 2006, 04:13:34 pm »
Nite Souxi! I just got in and read this sexy stuff and I might as well head right back into that cold airco car of mine!! OMFG!  ;D You're doing it on purpose aren't you?!?  ;D Any 'hip thrust' chaps been posted??  ;D  ;)

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #4359 on: September 23, 2006, 04:54:59 pm »
Howdy!
I just had to go and rec/pimp and gush about LS over at the Brokeback-Got_Us_Good Yahoo Group.  Here's part of what I posted:

*... I highly recommend it, but don't take my word for it. If you like
interesting, non AU where Ennis gets a second chance at happiness,
angsty, yet hopeful and inspiring, great OC's, cool plots, laced with
plenty of humor and hot smex, all rolled into one fic, then you will
love The Laramie Saga. Check it out.*

Maybe we'll get even MORE new fans to join in!  Yee-haw!   ;D

Well you do know that wherever and whenever you recommend the Laramie Saga, there will be dissent.  I went and peeked in and already it has started.  I posted a followup to your rec with thanks, and see what happens.  I am not going to enter into yet another debate, however.  Readers can take a rec or not, as they wish... I am still watching the statistics on unique users climb... and still not believing it.  Maybe the counter's broken!!!