Author Topic: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll  (Read 3145385 times)

Offline christie wood

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
Re: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll
« Reply #5510 on: October 14, 2006, 08:50:37 am »
not many, i agree.

SPOILER(ish)

i would give money to see the look on Wes's face when Ellery tells him 'sex happened'  ;D  :o
Do you think Wes would tell Edna about that? hmm, maybe not. I don't think Edna told Wes about the vaseline either.

I loooove Wes and Edna. Great characters, Ellery and Ennis are very lucky to have such wonderful 'parents/in laws'.

I totally agree, they have such genuine love and fondness for Ellery and Ennis.  Its really great to see that.

yb

« Reply #5511 on: October 14, 2006, 09:08:56 am »
Louise
I love this chapter very much, it's just heart-warming to see how Wes & Edna stood up for Ennis & Ellery and the affection they have for them are so genuine.  And the last lines about coffee are wonderful.

Offline christie wood

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
« Reply #5512 on: October 14, 2006, 09:17:11 am »
I totally agree yb, wasnt it wonderful to hear Wes and Edna defend Ellery and Ennis like that! Made my heart melt. 

Was Ennis grumpy because he was enjoying being in bed with Ellery or the thought of having to see Bunny again?

Offline souxi

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
« Reply #5513 on: October 14, 2006, 09:21:01 am »
I totally agree yb, wasnt it wonderful to hear Wes and Edna defend Ellery and Ennis like that! Made my heart melt. 

Was Ennis grumpy because he was enjoying being in bed with Ellery or the thought of having to see Bunny again?

Probably both Christie knowing Ennis lol. ;D Oh boy that chapter made me laugh lol. :laugh: :laugh: I love Wes, he,s a diamond he is. :)

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #5514 on: October 14, 2006, 09:34:24 am »
*typity type type*
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline magicmountain

• Fire from heaven
« Reply #5515 on: October 14, 2006, 09:40:50 am »
OK somebody needs to put in a good word for boring old knitting following the last chapter so it might as well be me. I took up knitting relatively late and found I enjoyed it although I haven't knitted for a while now. I had an older friend to teach me and get me out of trouble which helped a lot! Knitting is definitely uncool so much so that the wool shops have all but disappeared and those that remain have limited stock. I miss walking into a wool shop and being surrounded by all those colours and textures which I could never resist. Check out these knits from UK designer Kaffe Fassett to see what I mean. 

« Last Edit: October 14, 2006, 09:44:05 am by magicmountain »
Remember upon the conduct of each depends the fate of all. - Alexander the Great

Offline souxi

• sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
« Reply #5516 on: October 14, 2006, 10:06:31 am »
OK somebody needs to put in a good word for boring old knitting following the last chapter so it might as well be me. I took up knitting relatively late and found I enjoyed it although I haven't knitted for a while now. I had an older friend to teach me and get me out of trouble which helped a lot! Knitting is definitely uncool so much so that the wool shops have all but disappeared and those that remain have limited stock. I miss walking into a wool shop and being surrounded by all those colours and textures which I could never resist. Check out these knits from UK designer Kaffe Fassett to see what I mean. 

Wow MM that is good knitting. I can knit, well kind of lol, but I havnt done any for years now. I remember once I attempted to knit a scarf. Simple enough you would think? Mine ended up with a large bit in the middle. It looked like a bum warmer in the end lol. Suffice to say at that stage I gave up.  ::) ::)

Marge_Innavera

« Reply #5517 on: October 14, 2006, 10:31:15 am »
I miss walking into a wool shop and being surrounded by all those colours and textures which I could never resist. Check out these knits from UK designer Kaffe Fassett to see what I mean. 

Gorgeous colors! Never have learned to knit but I love quilting when I have the time (haha) and that's one of the major pleasures of shopping for fabric and supplies: visually pigging out on all those colors and patterns.

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #5518 on: October 14, 2006, 10:33:59 am »

I used to be a mad knitter. My grandmother taught me. Sweaters, hats, mittens...I was knitting all the time. Then I had children! I even a knitted a bit when they were little, and made them sweaters, until I discovered the impracticality of wool and toddlers. You need something you can throw in the washing machine. LOL

Needle arts, of all sorts, are very popular here in Maine...part of our image, I think. We have lots of great yarn shops, Jo, and they are NOT selling three ply acrylic for 99 cents a skein! Come visit!

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline souxi

• sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
« Reply #5519 on: October 14, 2006, 10:34:07 am »
You can make quilts?? Wow you are clever Marge. Wish I was half as clever...no chance of that lol. ::)