Author Topic: The Studs 'n Spurs Bar & Grill  (Read 973177 times)

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Re: The Studs 'n Spurs Bar & Grill
« Reply #3940 on: October 03, 2007, 08:03:59 am »
Bonjour

That specific diversity is not the one that inhabits my french (read school) world. Here we have some native born francos, some from the North and some from Québec teachers. Our clientelle is largely Congolese, Lebanese, Italien, Rwanan, and you're likely as not to find someone from South America, Iran, Syria, Portugal, ... and even the occasional American  ;)

How are you this mornin
2015 - Toronto: Pan Am Games
2015 - Edmonton, Montréal, Ottawa, Vancouver, Winnipeg: Woman's World Cup of Soccer

injest

« Reply #3941 on: October 03, 2007, 08:10:55 am »
that sounds pretty diverse to me....what is those Americans doing up there!!??

the nerve!  >:( Do they not know we have the best schools right here in the STATES???

;D ;D ;D ;D

(Canada DOES have the best teachers though!  ;))

injest

« Reply #3942 on: October 03, 2007, 08:15:09 am »
I am good this morning. Have to go to work early this morning. I am opening until they find another receptionist.

Offline loneleeb3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Posting Vacation
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • I swear.............
« Reply #3943 on: October 03, 2007, 08:39:22 am »
Good mornin!
How is everyone this fine Wednesday mornin? ;D
"The biggest obstacle to most of us achieving our dreams isn't reality, it's our own fear"

"Saint Paul had his Epiphany on the road to Damascus, Mine was on Brokeback Mountain"

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #3944 on: October 03, 2007, 09:10:25 am »
In just one class (my first one of the day, and the largest one in school - 24 kids) there are kids who's parents were born in: Congo, Canada, England, Jamaica, Italy, Egypt, Serbia, Rwanda, China, Salvador, Syria, Guatamala, Cameroon and Poland. I asked them. Nice start I'd say.

OK back to the grindstone.

Glad to hear they've got you puttin in more time at work there Jess!
2015 - Edmonton, Montréal, Ottawa, Vancouver, Winnipeg: Woman's World Cup of Soccer

Offline loneleeb3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Posting Vacation
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • I swear.............
« Reply #3945 on: October 03, 2007, 09:13:31 am »
In just one class (my first one of the day, and the largest one in school - 24 kids) there are kids who's parents were born in: Congo, Canada, England, Jamaica, Italy, Egypt, Serbia, Rwanda, China, Salvador, Syria, Guatamala, Cameroon and Poland. I asked them. Nice start I'd say.

OK back to the grindstone.

Glad to hear they've got you puttin in more time at work there Jess!
Holy Cow Sheriff! You have your own United Nations goin on there! ;D
"The biggest obstacle to most of us achieving our dreams isn't reality, it's our own fear"

"Saint Paul had his Epiphany on the road to Damascus, Mine was on Brokeback Mountain"

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #3946 on: October 03, 2007, 09:30:23 am »
Holy Cow Sheriff! You have your own United Nations goin on there! ;D

Well we do have an international reputation, you know. Canada accepts roughly 1% of it's total population in immigrants each year ... some 350 000 people each and every year. So in the past 20 years, that would be like 7 million people .... and their kids (some a the kids were quick to add that they were BORN in Canada) are what makes up Canada. Of course, with virtually all of this pupulation choosing to live in the 3 largest cities, the rest of the country remains white-anglo or white-franco. But you're right about the make up of my world (Toronto) as having an international flavour.

And it should not come as a surprise to find that one of the detainies in the illegal American prison in Cuba is a Canadian citizen. He was captured and charged with killing American soldiers in Afghanistan when he was somethin like 14 years old. We have all kinds here. There's a trial goin on in Montreal right now charging someone for having had a part in the genocide in Rwanda 15(?) years ago.

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #3947 on: October 04, 2007, 08:09:05 am »
Bonjour tout l'monde. Coment ça va aujourd'hui?

Received my retirement kit from the 'Teacher's pension plan' last night. (retirement's happening in less than 6 months). Seems I've got to do stuff I've been putting off ... like filing my income tax. Who knew?

Gonna be a full day today (3 phy ed classes and 3 music classes) and there's a(nother) meeting after school  :P

Tomorrow's international teacher's day. This year's theme is (and I'm translating here...) "Better teaching conditions provides better learning conditions for kids"

injest

« Reply #3948 on: October 04, 2007, 08:35:44 am »
good morning Roland

injest

« Reply #3949 on: October 04, 2007, 11:57:44 pm »
bonsoir, Roland

hope you get everything lined out and the transition goes smoothly.

When do you usually file income taxes up there?