Author Topic: Jake Jake Jake!  (Read 3178874 times)

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
Re: Jake Jake Jake!
« Reply #3320 on: November 06, 2007, 03:49:22 pm »
No idea whether Jake ever walked away from a role. That kind of thing isn't advertised, but in most cases kept under wraps and away from the public, I would suppose. It hardly makes for good publicity, - neither for film nor actor.

Thank you Leslie, that was interesting and I think it cleared things up. I take it then we're to surmise that Jake and Ms. Biel are in the stage after the short form memo has been prepared and "accepted", but before a long form contract has yet been signed.

That's the way I'd interpret it, too.

(I remember the Boxing Helena Basinger debacle, now that I've been reminded of it....Never had the details though.  And I also remember that such things can cut both ways; directors/producers walk away from contracts too. From my previous fandom life, I sure recall Peter Jackson booting Stuart Townsend out of the Aragorn role well after rehearsals to start filming the Rings trilogy had started in New Zealand.... and Viggo Mortensen signed on for a year and a half of swordfighting in New Zealand after being given a full day or so to contemplate jumping on that next plane south. And very recently Peter J. did it again - dismissing his lead actor from his upcoming movie. But I totally digress here....)

Ryan Gosling getting the boot for The Lovely Bones movie...the day before filming was about to begin. Supposedly "the creative difference" was the fact that Jackson didn't like Ryan's weight gain and new beard. Mark Wahlberg has stepped in to play the role.

Your article also happened to highlight something entirely else for me: Which actress I'd like to take the female role, should Jessica Biel for any reason not end up with it. I'd *love* for Anne Hathaway to take that role!! She's beautiful and delightful and she's got great comic timing and presence and that special glint in her eyes IMO. I admit to thinking, every time my DVD player reaches "Noone's gonna love you like me, noone else, can't you see...." that Anne and Jake have *got* to be the most gorgeous "young Hollywood" actor and actress there is to be seen playing a traditional onscreen couple; -  they look so good together. I'd *love* to see them do another film, one where they get *very* romantically involved, to be sure.  :) (Preferrably one where Jake may remain moustache-less and Anne doesn't have to don blond wigs!)

Yes...they do look good together and I can picture her in this sort of role. I really don't know anything about Jessica Biel.

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline ifyoucantfixit

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #3321 on: November 06, 2007, 03:53:47 pm »

that Anne and Jake have *got* to be the most gorgeous "young Hollywood" actor and actress there is to be seen playing a traditional onscreen couple; -  they look so good together. I'd *love* to see them ---do another film, one
----------------------------------------

To quote Ang Lee, "go together like milk and water?"  Jake said he had no idea what that means... :D

Beautiful mind

Offline notBastet

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • no way out but through
« Reply #3322 on: November 06, 2007, 04:03:23 pm »
that Anne and Jake have *got* to be the most gorgeous "young Hollywood" actor and actress there is to be seen playing a traditional onscreen couple; -  they look so good together. I'd *love* to see them ---do another film, one
----------------------------------------

To quote Ang Lee, "go together like milk and water?"  Jake said he had no idea what that means... :D

well ya know, that was really about Lureen and Jack, not Jake and Anne...
 ;)

Anne has a believability about her that I'm not sure Jessice Biel has.  That said, I have only seen Jessica Biel in the Texas Chainsaw Massacre and Stealth... so...
“It can be a little distressing to have to overintellectualize yourself” - Heath Ledger

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #3323 on: November 06, 2007, 04:07:10 pm »

Oh really, I thought he meant Jake and Anne?

Beautiful mind

Offline Mikaela

• Unsaid... and now unsayable
« Reply #3324 on: November 06, 2007, 04:09:05 pm »
To quote Ang Lee, "go together like milk and water?"  Jake said he had no idea what that means...
.... and Anne was nodding "Oh yes, totally! Totally!" while Jake was basically left with a WTF feeling about what Ang Lee was really saying about Jack and Lureen?  ;D That is such a sweet story, thanks for reminding me. I'm with Jake, honestly, I don't *quite* know what the great director meant there - but out of their Brokeback characters they *do* look like milk and honey together. Coffee and cream.... gin and tonic.... Oh nevermind with my hopeless metaphors. They look good!!!   8)  :)

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #3325 on: November 06, 2007, 04:10:46 pm »
well ya know, that was really about Lureen and Jack, not Jake and Anne...
 ;)

Anne has a believability about her that I'm not sure Jessice Biel has.  That said, I have only seen Jessica Biel in the Texas Chainsaw Massacre and Stealth... so...

She played the opportunistic girlfriend of Orlando Blooms character in Elizabethtown...All she had to do was
look beautiful, and stuck up tho..so that looks pretty easy for her.

Beautiful mind

Offline notBastet

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • no way out but through
« Reply #3326 on: November 06, 2007, 04:12:39 pm »

Oh really, I thought he meant Jake and Anne?

yeah... Ang was coaching them on their characters... 

seems like to carry the movie in question off, Jessica Biel will need to do more than look pretty  (well, I should qualify, to sell the movie to me, she would)
“It can be a little distressing to have to overintellectualize yourself” - Heath Ledger

Offline Brokeback_Dev

• Love is a force of nature
« Reply #3327 on: November 06, 2007, 11:14:53 pm »
Jake's name in Rendition was "Freeman"?

Can you get any more heavy handed than that?   :P

Jessica Biel...bleh.  She has a great body, but I've noticed no talent to go along with that body, her face isn't much to look at either.

She's sexy as all hell.  Never saw her in anything but 7th Heaven.  But her vid clip on Youtube is HOT

Offline dot-matrix

• www.maleimagegallery.com ~Come Join Us~
« Reply #3328 on: November 06, 2007, 11:17:34 pm »
If you want a good idea of what Jessica Beil can do, besides her years on 7th Heaven, watch The Illusionist with Edward Norton, Paul Giamati and Rufus Sewell.  Excellent film and all the actors are supurb including Ms Beil.
Life is not a dress rehearsal

Offline Artiste

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #3329 on: November 07, 2007, 10:30:00 am »
What is Jake G. doing now?

Eh, Jake?

Hugs!