Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 9084242 times)

Offline Mandy21

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #9710 on: April 10, 2011, 08:30:47 pm »
Just friends, Mandy, long-time friends.

But it was neat, making a meal like that.  Reminds me of when my sister and her husband came out and made "Thanksgiving in May" by cooking a turkey around Memorial Day, for the three of us plus my brother and nephew.  Ordinarily, nothing gets cooked from scratch at my house.

That's sweet.  Sometimes, friends are the BEST things to have.

I know what you mean about cooking from scratch when you're a single woman.  Only thing I ever use my oven for is frozen pizza or those frozen Mrs. Paul's fish fillets, both of which I'm proud to say I've been an expert at, all my life:)  Other than that, I live on a cheese or turkey sandwich every day.  It's very nice to have the rare occasion to actually demonstrate and appreciate any culinary talents we have.
Dawn is coming,
Open your eyes...

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #9711 on: April 11, 2011, 08:02:48 am »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

Well, here we are again, back at Monday.

Ugh!

I didn't do much of anything this weekend.  Dinner with friends on Saturday night, but otherwise, I was a slug.

::)

How terrible about the earthquake in Japan. 

And just by chance, today's travel destination on my calendar is Yoshino, Japan.

The mid-April bloom of Cherry Blossoms is eagerly anticipated all over Japan, but purists and connoissuers of hanami, or cherry blossom viewing, head for Yoshino Mountain, near Kyoto, which is virtually covered with tens of thousands of centuries-old white mountain cherry trees.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #9712 on: April 12, 2011, 07:51:35 am »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

So, how is everyone today?

Work here has been getting progressively busier with the departure of my coworker, and me taking on her duties.  It makes the day go by faster, but I find I'm more tired by the end of the work day.  Here is to hoping that when I bonus time comes around, I get recognized.

;D

Today's travel destination:

Saint-Paul De Vence, France.

A magnet for artists and writers, the charming adjacent towns of Saint-Paul de Vence and Vence, about 15 miles northwest of Nice, have drawn them in droves.  Henri Matisse, Marc Chagall, Raoul Dufy, Pablo Picasso, D. H. Lawrence and James Baldwin all lived here, finding inspiration in the Mediterranean air, quiet charm, and picturesque views.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #9713 on: April 14, 2011, 08:09:00 am »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

The weekend is closing in, thank God!

It has been getting busier at work, and May and June get closer, it will get even busier.

::)

I think by July I'll crash.

anyway, other than that, it seems to be the status quo.

Today's travel destination:

Grafton, Vermont

Vermont, renowned for its fall color, is less crowded and equally lovely in spring, when the varied greens of young foliage, from the full, rich emerald of new grasses to the yellowish tint fo leaves just emerging from bud, bring a subtler kind of multi-shade beauty.

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #9714 on: April 14, 2011, 05:16:52 pm »
I don t know where this week went!
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #9715 on: April 15, 2011, 08:17:34 am »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

Welcome to Friday!  I hope everyone has a great weekend planned!  What are you all doing?

I've got no plans at the moment, and part of me hopes it stays that way.  lol

I don t know where this week went!

I hear ya, Kelda!  Sometimes it feels like the week flies right on by!

today's travel destination:

Monteverde Cloud Forest Reserve - Costa Rica

The Monteverde Cloud Forest Preserve is a Costa Rican reserve located along the Cordillera de TilarĂ¡n mountain range. Named after the nearby town of Monteverde and founded in 1972, the Preserve consists of over 10,500 hectares of tropical rainforest. 

The reserve is visited by roughly 70,000 visitors a year. The Preserve consists of 6 ecological zones, 90% of which are virgin forest.  An extremely high biodiversity, consisting of over 2,500 plant species (including the most orchid species in a single place), 100 species of mammals, 400 bird species, 120 reptilian and amphibian species, and thousands of insects, has drawn scientists and tourists since.

Offline Mandy21

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #9716 on: April 15, 2011, 11:58:00 am »
Heya Chuck, I hope you have a nice peaceful rejuvenating weekend.  You've been so busy lately, it's about time you took a pampering quiet couple of days.

How goes the dating game?

And when's your next travel adventure?
Dawn is coming,
Open your eyes...

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #9717 on: April 15, 2011, 06:34:19 pm »

Dating game is quiet at the moment.   I'm sure I'll get a hit soon. 

Next travel.....well there will be Boston in June, other than that, nothing right away.  Most of my travel seems to be near the end of the year.

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #9718 on: April 16, 2011, 09:57:25 am »
Where is that too Chuck?
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #9719 on: April 17, 2011, 08:01:21 pm »

Dating game is quiet at the moment.   I'm sure I'll get a hit soon.

And the "hit" has happened.  Another guy from Match.com messaged me, and we're meeting on Wednesday.

Next travel.....well there will be Boston in June, other than that, nothing right away.  Most of my travel seems to be near the end of the year.

Where is that too Chuck?

I may be going to England in September to visit friends, November to Chicago, and I want to visit Gene in that time period in Georgia as well.