Author Topic: ABCs at the Movies: The Doubles Round!  (Read 2614255 times)

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • well, I won't
"A" is Amazon Women on the Moon (1987)
« Reply #4680 on: August 08, 2008, 12:42:55 pm »
Michelle Pfeiffer starred in this sequel to Kentucky Fried Movie.  Not the highlight of her career.

PLot:  A spoof 1950's sci-fi movie, interspersed with various comedy sketches.

=aside= Gil
Thanks for the gyn tools, and the warning.
Just what I've always wanted!
(hey, don't make 'em too hard)

Offline Fran

• "ABCs of BBM" moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
"B" is Beautiful Girls (1996)
« Reply #4681 on: August 08, 2008, 12:57:49 pm »
Uma Thurman played Andrea in "Beautiful Girls."

From IMDb:  Pianist Willie Conway returns to his snowy home town to attend a high school reunion. Willie reunites with his old friends, Tommy "Birdman" Rowland, Michael "Mo" Morris and Paul Kirkwood. Willie finds that two of his old high school buddies have all got problems with their relationships, Tommy, is having a affair with former high school girlfriend Darian Smalls who is now married and Tommy has a girlfriend named Sharon Cassidy and Paul is angry that his former girlfriend Jan broke up with him because he won't commit and has tons of posters of supermodels on his bedroom wall. As Willie waits for his girlfriend Tracey to arrive, Willie finds himself having a crush on Marty, his 13-year old next-door neighbor and Willie, Tommy, Michael and Paul find themselves falling for Andrea, who is also visiting.

Offline memento

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • There But For Fortune
"C" is Cool World (1992)
« Reply #4682 on: August 08, 2008, 01:18:43 pm »
Kim Basinger played the role of Holli Would in this film.

IMDB: Jack Deebs is a cartoonist who is due to be released from jail. His comic book "Cool World" describes a zany world populated by "doodles" (cartoon characters) and "noids" (humanoids). What Jack did't realize is that Cool World really does exist, and a "doodle" scientist has just perfected a machine which links Cool World with our world. Intrigued at seeing his creating come to life, Jack is nonetheless wary as he knows that not everything in Cool World is exactly friendly.

=aside= players
I'm going to hear some great jazz in Newport. Be back in a few days.

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
"D" is Dangerous Minds (1995)
« Reply #4683 on: August 08, 2008, 01:55:12 pm »
Michelle Pfeiffer played Louanne Johnson in this film.

Plot:  An ex-marine teacher struggles to connect with her students in an inner city schools.

=aside= Sandy
Have a jazzy time!

Offline oilgun

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
"E" is Eloise in Paris (2009)
« Reply #4684 on: August 08, 2008, 08:16:58 pm »
Uma Thurman will play Nanny in this film which is in pre-production.

Plot:  Based on the classic 1950's children's book by Kay Thompson, Eloise jets off to Paris for Fashion Week and, along with one of Europe's top designers, finds herself chasing after a stolen dress.

==ASIDE==

Well, tomorrow I'm off to the cottage in Grand Bend, on lake Huron, for a week.  Hopefully it won't rain too much so I can enjoy the beach  :-\  Have fun!  :-*

Grand Bend Beach:

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • There's no reins on this one....
"F" is Final Analysis (1992)
« Reply #4685 on: August 09, 2008, 01:18:29 am »
Kim Basinger played Heather Evans in this film.

Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Ellemeno

Re: ABCs at the Movies: The Women of Batman Round!
« Reply #4686 on: August 09, 2008, 06:19:43 am »
Gil, somehow I missed the Andy Warhol poll, where is it?  And I haven't known any of the answers to the intermission questions.  But I learn when other people post them.  Okay, here's one from me:

What film is this?  Who are these two people?

BTW, I'm going to be gone for a week without my own computer.  May have a few chances to play, not sure.

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • There's no reins on this one....
Re: ABCs at the Movies: The Women of Batman Round!
« Reply #4687 on: August 09, 2008, 10:47:06 am »
Okay, here's one from me:

What film is this?  Who are these two people?

I'll take a guess: Lone Star with Kris Kristofferson and Matthew McConaughey
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline memento

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • There But For Fortune
"G" is The Golden Bowl (2000)
« Reply #4688 on: August 11, 2008, 05:33:12 pm »
Uma Thurman played Charlotte Stant in this film.

IMDB: The Golden Bowl", a period piece circa 1900's, turns a microscope on the innerworkings of the relationships of four people, two men and two women, bound by blood, marriage, love, duty, etc. and scrutinizes them to the exclusion of all else. Sadly, the people aren't sufficiently interesting or charismatic to support such scrutiny for 2.2 hours. Amidst the sumptuous splendor of grand costuming, locations, props, makeup, etc. with some heavyweights behind the film, "TGB" is an earnest effort which comes off as much ado about nothing with the one steamy and passionate relationship underdone while the emphasis lingers on the minutia. Somewhat awkward and staged at times, the film doesn't rise to the level of it better period predecessors but will still be a worthwhile watch for those into films about wealth and aristocracy.

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
"H" is The Hollywood Knights (1980)
« Reply #4689 on: August 11, 2008, 05:41:05 pm »
Michelle Pfeiffer played Suzie Q in this film.

Plot:  Led by their comedic and pranking leader, Newbomb Turk, the Hollywood Knights car gang raise hell throughout Beverly Hills on Halloween Night, 1965. Everything from drag racing to Vietnam to high school love.