Author Topic: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll  (Read 3131858 times)

Offline Bigheart

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll
« Reply #5600 on: October 16, 2006, 05:36:08 am »
That pic of him is from a collection thats been posted on ebay, to show the clothes that are being put up for a charity auction.  This is the link:  http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Brokeback-Mountain-Hollywoodvault1

Have a look at the pics on here, because there are a lot that have never been seen before - well, I've certainly never seen them.  They are wonderful. 

(I hope its ok to post this link, if not let me know and I'll delete it).

Thanks Christie! I'll check it out  :)

Offline Bigheart

« Reply #5601 on: October 16, 2006, 05:40:18 am »
Well folks, it looks like today we hit a two week high of readership... so the question that has been plaguing my mind, whether the readers are enjoying the current story line and drama of the Red Stallion, the new characters, and most recently, the drama at Sunday dinner with Edna's cousin and Bunny Ruskin, is a resounding "yes"!

Thanks for all of your reading and feedback and comments, it is wonderful to see all of you so engaged with the story!

You are more than welcome Louise  :) And thank YOU Louise for all your hard work, every single day for months now chapter after chapter of Ennis and Ellery goodness. I don't know what I'll do when The Red Stallion comes to an end  :(

:-*

Offline Bigheart

« Reply #5602 on: October 16, 2006, 05:43:56 am »
oh Jo you make me so jealous of you Aussies, having access to Hughdity that us Americans only dream about!!!

Last night I stayed up late watching the full version of the interview with Hugh with James Lipton "Inside the Actors Studio" in 2004 that covered much of his life and details of his acting methods and training.  I didn't know that he won three awards for his Broadway performance of "The Boy from Oz" - considered the "Triple Crown" of stage acting.

You've got it BAD girl!! LOL  ;D

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #5603 on: October 16, 2006, 05:59:18 am »
ah well... just like everything, it passes...
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #5604 on: October 16, 2006, 06:30:09 am »
You are more than welcome Louise  :) And thank YOU Louise for all your hard work, every single day for months now chapter after chapter of Ennis and Ellery goodness.  

i agree wholeheartedly!

I don't know what I'll do when The Red Stallion comes to an end

reread the whole Saga, of course. That should keep us busy for a while.  :)
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #5605 on: October 16, 2006, 06:35:15 am »
it should keep you busy...! for a while at least!  until I write an add-on story.
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline Bigheart

« Reply #5606 on: October 16, 2006, 06:38:40 am »

reread the whole Saga, of course. That should keep us busy for a while.  :)

Yes Fabienne, I think I will and I'm also going to print out all the books and have them bound. I did that with another favourite fic of mine that finished a while back and gave it to a very dear friend of mine. It looked so beautiful and that's what I want to do with the Laramie Saga too  :)

Offline opinionista

« Reply #5607 on: October 16, 2006, 06:41:24 am »
You are more than welcome Louise  :) And thank YOU Louise for all your hard work, every single day for months now chapter after chapter of Ennis and Ellery goodness. I don't know what I'll do when The Red Stallion comes to an end  :(

:-*

Read Louise's original stories is an option. I've just begun the Princes of East, and looks exciting.
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement. -Mark Twain.

Offline christie wood

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
« Reply #5608 on: October 16, 2006, 06:46:11 am »
Well folks, it looks like today we hit a two week high of readership... so the question that has been plaguing my mind, whether the readers are enjoying the current story line and drama of the Red Stallion, the new characters, and most recently, the drama at Sunday dinner with Edna's cousin and Bunny Ruskin, is a resounding "yes"!

Thanks for all of your reading and feedback and comments, it is wonderful to see all of you so engaged with the story!

You are more than welcome Louise, you are making us so happy with the constant posting of chapters, we are very very lucky.  This story has grabbed hold of me more than I ever thought it would, and I find myself thinking about Ennis and Ellery a lot.  This is a testament to your wonderful writing, your wonderful characters and the love you have created for Ennis and Ellery.

Offline Bigheart

« Reply #5609 on: October 16, 2006, 06:51:36 am »
Read Louise's original stories is an option. I've just begun the Princes of East, and looks exciting.

Oh yes! I'm hoping to start reading one of them very soon. I'll be checking my mail box several times a day as of today Louise  ;)   :)