Author Topic: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll  (Read 3166907 times)

Offline Bigheart

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll
« Reply #5940 on: October 30, 2006, 06:04:58 am »
How about you make up with a nice picture of Ellery, Lucise? I sure could use one on a monday morning!  :)

Yep, I agree. It's been a while  :(

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #5941 on: October 30, 2006, 01:52:07 pm »
Ellery ain't gonna be happy about you laughin at em, Lucise.

But he is not going to find out ..is he?  ;D  You wouldn't tell him..right?...right Louise?  ???

How about you make up with a nice picture of Ellery, Lucise? I sure could use one on a monday morning!  :)

Okay ..okay .. I suppose Ellery won't mind me showing these to you again ..

..But one more thing ..
Don't tell Ennis you saw these!!!  The sight of Ellery in his drawers is for his eyes ONLY.. so sshh! lol..

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #5942 on: October 30, 2006, 02:02:24 pm »
well thank you kindly Lucise!

;D

and no, i won't tell!  ;)

'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #5943 on: October 30, 2006, 02:52:34 pm »
Update to "The Red Stallion"

http://louisev.livejournal.com/142268.html  "Chapter 65:  Rapunzel"
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline ranchgal

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #5944 on: October 30, 2006, 03:26:50 pm »
Spoilers /comments..............

;
./.
;;
;
;
I love them when they are so normal about themselves and everything, like the housekeeping etc.
And combing Ellery's hair, that is something intimate and special to them both.

Hope the camera works.

Had to laugh about Ennis "Maybe I'm getting used to it!"
I have to say, I loved the shampoo/conditioner conversation, I can so see Ennis not knowing the differences in the bottles-what a kill!!
very special!!
« Last Edit: October 31, 2006, 11:47:29 am by ranchgal »

Offline magicmountain

• Fire from heaven
« Reply #5945 on: October 30, 2006, 07:28:55 pm »
"And they clung to one another, inseparable, as the hostile night was driven back beyond the plywood securing their window from those who could not understand or appreciate their inexpressible joy."

You know this quote from the end of chapter 58 could be applied to those who do not appreciate this story. They hurl rocks at the window failing to comprehend the joy we all take in this fabulous fic!.

Remember upon the conduct of each depends the fate of all. - Alexander the Great

Offline opinionista

« Reply #5946 on: October 30, 2006, 07:35:13 pm »
"And they clung to one another, inseparable, as the hostile night was driven back beyond the plywood securing their window from those who could not understand or appreciate their inexpressible joy."

You know this quote from the end of chapter 58 could be applied to those who do not appreciate this story. They hurl rocks at the window failing to comprehend the joy we all take in this fabulous fic!.

I agree Jo.
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement. -Mark Twain.

Offline laurel

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • Heath, we'll never forget you.
« Reply #5947 on: October 31, 2006, 03:35:53 am »
Lucise, love the Bunny Ruskin pic!!! :laugh: It's just perfect!
What Jack remembered and craved in a way he could neither help nor understand was the time that distant summer on Brokeback when Ennis had come up behind him and pulled him close, the silent embrace satisfying some shared and sexless hunger.   -Annie Proulx (Icon by alighttofollow)

Offline laurel

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • Heath, we'll never forget you.
« Reply #5948 on: October 31, 2006, 03:42:45 am »
Louise,  I was thrilled to hear that there will be 100 chapters in the current book.  RL is kicking me in the butt at the moment, and I am a few chapters behind, and I was so afraid that you would wrap up the fic while I was otherwise occupied.  Now I get to look forward to lots more chapters, spread out a little more than usual.  I hope to be able to spend more time here, soon, concentrating on what is really important.  To hell with all that stupid real life crap! ;D
What Jack remembered and craved in a way he could neither help nor understand was the time that distant summer on Brokeback when Ennis had come up behind him and pulled him close, the silent embrace satisfying some shared and sexless hunger.   -Annie Proulx (Icon by alighttofollow)

Offline souxi

• sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
« Reply #5949 on: October 31, 2006, 03:58:23 am »
To hell with all that stupid real life crap

Amen to that Laurel. Our boys are far more important than RL lol. Mornin all. Mornin June. ;) :-* I said it on LJ but I really loved that last chapter Louise. It was just lovely. Of course now wer,e all bracing ourselves for the ravishing bit lol. Well I know June is, arnt you? ;D Go on admit it lol. ;D I know what your like missy. ;) ;) ;D ;D :laugh: