Author Topic: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll  (Read 3167096 times)

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
Re: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll
« Reply #5950 on: October 31, 2006, 05:41:11 am »
"And they clung to one another, inseparable, as the hostile night was driven back beyond the plywood securing their window from those who could not understand or appreciate their inexpressible joy."

You know this quote from the end of chapter 58 could be applied to those who do not appreciate this story. They hurl rocks at the window failing to comprehend the joy we all take in this fabulous fic!.

Jo, in your inimitable clever way you have perceived the story within the story!!!  Yes, there are stone-throwers, those who believe they are the keepers of the true spirit of BBM, dictating to others what they should read and what they should like.  There is room for all kinds of BBM fan fics here, and the Laramie Saga is one of them.
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #5951 on: October 31, 2006, 06:02:21 am »
Okay guys, I just got dragged off to the boss's office, who just found out I can't sign a new contract because of a clause in the old one, and apparently righteousness pays off since they just extended me till end of November.

The wolf gets pushed back from the door for another month!
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

yb

« Reply #5952 on: October 31, 2006, 06:12:59 am »
Okay guys, I just got dragged off to the boss's office, who just found out I can't sign a new contract because of a clause in the old one, and apparently righteousness pays off since they just extended me till end of November.

The wolf gets pushed back from the door for another month!

Good news, you have at least one more month to sort things out.

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #5953 on: October 31, 2006, 08:50:06 am »
yes, very very good news.  Now I can say with certainty that I will be completing the Saga within calendar November. I was thinking I would have to hurry and do it all and then move, and now I won't have to move until after November!

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #5954 on: October 31, 2006, 09:02:54 am »
*yeee HAWWW!* 

Folks!  We went over 400 pages!  And sometime soon we will go over 6,000 posts!  Holey moley you folks talk alot.

Offline souxi

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
« Reply #5955 on: October 31, 2006, 09:04:48 am »
That is very good news for you Louise, must be one less thing for you to worry about. But the LS is still going to come to an end in November. :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
I shall have to get busy with my printer.

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #5956 on: October 31, 2006, 09:15:50 am »
well I do have a new plan... *muah hahahahaha*

and that is to assemble a printed fanzine.  It's just a theory right now, and it will take some work, because I want to iron out some of the continuity errors that occurred from the first three books about Ellery's age and parents and college stuff, but I am sort of liking the idea.

Offline souxi

• sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
« Reply #5957 on: October 31, 2006, 09:20:13 am »
Louise you are an angel sent to us from heaven, I love you lol. Yippeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!! The artwork in SN was awsome, I cant imagine what it would be like in LS. Oh thats brilliant news, I,ll hold off on the printing then. Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :) ;)

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #5958 on: October 31, 2006, 09:28:11 am »
That having been said... this could take a little while.  And of course, I would be enlisting the inimitable Lucise! in illustrating it for me, using the likenesses of our boys in their most desired poses. ahem.

Offline magicmountain

• Fire from heaven
« Reply #5959 on: October 31, 2006, 09:29:14 am »

Souxi that is some mood swing!

From

:'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

to

Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :)

from one post to the next!
Remember upon the conduct of each depends the fate of all. - Alexander the Great