Author Topic: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll  (Read 3167304 times)

Offline David

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Re: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll
« Reply #6300 on: November 05, 2006, 08:17:58 pm »
Speaking as a gay man,  I agree that Dupree needs to expirament with a guy he finds hot, not with Jeeves who he sees as a friend.

Perhaps a hunky guy will walk into the bar soon that really catches his eye?    Even if it is a one night stand with hot guy just passing thru town.    It might rock his world and open his eyes to a whole new world.   

Offline magicmountain

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Fire from heaven
« Reply #6301 on: November 05, 2006, 08:43:07 pm »

Spoiler...

Poor Dupree is between a rock and a hard place now.

I rather like the way you have worded this Jenny - so apt!
Remember upon the conduct of each depends the fate of all. - Alexander the Great

Offline ranchgal

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #6302 on: November 05, 2006, 08:55:46 pm »
Speaking as a gay man,  I agree that Dupree needs to expirament with a guy he finds hot, not with Jeeves who he sees as a friend.

Perhaps a hunky guy will walk into the bar soon that really catches his eye?    Even if it is a one night stand with hot guy just passing thru town.    It might rock his world and open his eyes to a whole new world.   

Thank you for the perspective, you are most likely right too---I was mainly thinking that jeeves wouldn't hurt him, but maybe IF he is going to dive into this---someone he truly finds HOT would be a better choice, even if it may end up rocky---as I guess getting hurt is a part of life----SOMETIMES a person gets lucky and it all works--but that ususally doesn't happen on your first outing!
Attractiveness shouldn't be left out of the equation, I want him to have a good experience IF he does some experimenting.

Offline David

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #6303 on: November 05, 2006, 09:02:57 pm »
I think getting involved with Jeeves that way would just complicate things more than help.    We know that Jeeves has a crush on Jeremy.   If they have sex and then Jeremy decides that he wants to try his new gay side with guys other than Jeeves, that would hurt Jeeves feelings something terrible.   

Offline ranchgal

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #6304 on: November 05, 2006, 09:14:39 pm »
I would agree with that, and since Jeeves really hasn't been one of my favorites,  I wasn't really thinking about him in the long run---I guess I figured he would already know that if it was just an experiment, that it wouldn't be any lasting commitment, and when Jeremy was ready he would be moving on---
know that sounds kind of callous--but I couldn't help it.  LOL

AND if he really keeps on being a good friend to Jeremy, I may have to reassign him a higher postition on my totem pole and not be so hard on him. LOL

Offline magicmountain

• Fire from heaven
« Reply #6305 on: November 05, 2006, 11:26:08 pm »
Somehow I feel that for me Jeeves is a bit icky and for that reason am not keen to see him initiate Jeremy - but I think Dupree has already come to that decision by himself. Either Dupree will finally meet someone who pushes all his buttons (male or female) and he will go for it or maybe the reverse will happen. Who knows - some guys like a man as long as he comes across as a woman and maybe Dupree is one of these. Are there any guys in drag at the bar? None so far I think. The author will no doubt let us find out in her own good time.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2006, 04:33:35 am by magicmountain »
Remember upon the conduct of each depends the fate of all. - Alexander the Great

Offline RonitR

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #6306 on: November 06, 2006, 05:06:02 am »

Spoiler

I'm usually a lurker, but wanted to de-lurk just to go on record saying that I just LOVE the Dupree story arc.
In fact, other than Ellery, I think Dupree is my favourite OC ever . ;)
This story is just brilliant, and a really great read!

Also, if I may respectfully disagree - Jeeves seems (IMHO) genuinely interested in Dupree, a good man (beneath all the fake posh veneer), and perhaps the perfect candidate for Dupree's experimentation.
Also -  I am not sure Dupree doesn't find Jeeves attractive . Most guys I know wouldn't let another man touch them, no matter what, so maybe there's something growing there.

Anyway, it really is a great read !!

UM.. did anyone mention a Dupree centric story??  ;D

Offline magicmountain

• Fire from heaven
« Reply #6307 on: November 06, 2006, 05:18:32 am »

Spoiler

I'm usually a lurker, but wanted to de-lurk just to go on record saying that I just LOVE the Dupree story arc.
In fact, other than Ellery, I think Dupree is my favourite OC ever . ;)
This story is just brilliant, and a really great read!

Also, if I may respectfully disagree - Jeeves seems (IMHO) genuinely interested in Dupree, a good man (beneath all the fake posh veneer), and perhaps the perfect candidate for Dupree's experimentation.
Also -  I am not sure Dupree doesn't find Jeeves attractive . Most guys I know wouldn't let another man touch them, no matter what, so maybe there's something growing there.

Anyway, it really is a great read !!

UM.. did anyone mention a Dupree centric story??  ;D

Hi RonitR

Glad my post brought you out of lurkdom! Now that you're here, why not stick around!

PS If Charles Dance had been voted in as Jeeves the ick factor would have considerably diminished for me! Those hooded eyes get me every time.

Offline souxi

• sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
« Reply #6308 on: November 06, 2006, 05:21:25 am »
I'm an hour late! but nite Souxi  :-*

What's the deal with the fireworks??

Mornin all, mornin June. ;) :-*. Those fireworks were bloody noisy I tell ya, scared my cats to death they did. Mind you I lock the catflap so they cant get out on bonfire night. One of mine, whose really timid, hid in my bed under my duvet!! Bless him, you could just see his lttle head peeking out. awwwww.Here is look, his name is Bruno: Isnt he sweet?

Offline souxi

• sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
« Reply #6309 on: November 06, 2006, 05:25:21 am »
Hi RonitR

Glad my post brought you out of lurkdom! Now that you're here, why not stick around!

PS If Charles Dance had been voted in as Jeeves the ick factor would have considerably diminished for me! Those hooded eyes get me every time.

Sorry JO, but I think Charles Dance is gross. I much prefer Hugh Laurie, I think he,s sexy. NOT i hasten to add in the same league as our boys, heaven forbid. ::) ::)