Author Topic: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll  (Read 3167340 times)

Offline Bigheart

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll
« Reply #6320 on: November 06, 2006, 08:38:21 am »
Louise, me and June would like to volunteer our services to give Jeremy some individual treatment..wouldnt we June? NO problem atall, anything to help..bless him. ;) ;) ;) ;D

OH YES! Louise knows how much I love him  :D  and I believe RonitR would like to volunteer too!  ;D

Hi RonitR ~ I haven't welcomed you yet, so nice to see you here!  :)

Offline Bigheart

« Reply #6321 on: November 06, 2006, 08:44:46 am »
Of course,   we could have Jeremy go over to see Ennis and Ellery to talk about his "situation".  Then after they knock back a bottle or two, the three of them end up in bed together.    <big evil grin>   ;D

OMG ~ I think Jeremy wouldnt know what hit him! Would be the best experience ever for him!!! LOL!  :o  :o  Of course you and I both know this aint NEVER gonna happen!!

;D

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #6322 on: November 06, 2006, 08:48:09 am »
June, you are absolutely right about that.  In fact - I'm not even sure it would happen in their dreams.  Okay - maybe it would happen in Wayne's dreams...!
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline Bigheart

« Reply #6323 on: November 06, 2006, 08:49:17 am »
Mornin all, mornin June. ;) :-*. Those fireworks were bloody noisy I tell ya, scared my cats to death they did. Mind you I lock the catflap so they cant get out on bonfire night. One of mine, whose really timid, hid in my bed under my duvet!! Bless him, you could just see his lttle head peeking out. awwwww.Here is look, his name is Bruno: Isnt he sweet?

Awww yes Souxi, your cat is just too sweet and adorable  :)

What kind of celebration is Bonfire Night?

Offline Kazza

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #6324 on: November 06, 2006, 08:49:53 am »
SPOILER

I think that Jeeves/Howard/Chas has been handling Dupree very sensitively, but I agree he is not the one for Dupree to 'experiment' with. There is too much potential for pain on both sides.

I have to be honest, I haven't picked up on any attraction between Ennis and Dupree, but perhaps I'e not been very perceptive (or my memory is letting me down again). Ennis may have subconsciously admired Dupree's looks, but I don't for one moment believe that he has entertained any ideas about doing anything about it.

I feel for Dupree, it's like a rug has been pulled from under him. I think that Ennis is a good person for him to talk to (who's have thought that Ennis would ever have a conversation like that!!)  ;D

I agree about the fireworks last night. I couldn't see anything, but it was like the D-Day landings round where I live.

Karen

Oh and Charles Dance - leaves me cold!

Offline Bigheart

« Reply #6325 on: November 06, 2006, 08:53:12 am »
June, you are absolutely right about that.  In fact - I'm not even sure it would happen in their dreams.  Okay - maybe it would happen in Wayne's dreams...!

and maybe mine..... ::)

:o  :o  :o

Offline christie wood

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
« Reply #6326 on: November 06, 2006, 08:53:38 am »
SPOILER

I think that Jeeves/Howard/Chas has been handling Dupree very sensitively, but I agree he is not the one for Dupree to 'experiment' with. There is too much potential for pain on both sides.

I have to be honest, I haven't picked up on any attraction between Ennis and Dupree, but perhaps I'e not been very perceptive (or my memory is letting me down again). Ennis may have subconsciously admired Dupree's looks, but I don't for one moment believe that he has entertained any ideas about doing anything about it.

I feel for Dupree, it's like a rug has been pulled from under him. I think that Ennis is a good person for him to talk to (who's have thought that Ennis would ever have a conversation like that!!)  ;D

I agree about the fireworks last night. I couldn't see anything, but it was like the D-Day landings round where I live.

Karen

Oh and Charles Dance - leaves me cold!

I agree about Charles Dance Karen, does nothing for me.

As for Ennis and Dupree, it could be just me I could be completely imagining it, I mean, its not like I want Ennis and Dupree to get together, so I dont know why I'm thinking it.  I wish I wasnt.  Right, thats it, I'm not going to mention it again!!!

Offline RonitR

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #6327 on: November 06, 2006, 08:54:54 am »
OH YES! Louise knows how much I love him  :D  and I believe RonitR would like to volunteer too!  ;D

Hi RonitR ~ I haven't welcomed you yet, so nice to see you here!  :)

Hi Bigheart, and thanks for the greetings  ;D

I would just LOVE to be added to the "Save the Dupree" campaign.

Of course, if my suspisions (well, ok, wishful thinking) are correct, it will probably be Jeeves (or an equally fascinating character) who will actually get to save him, and it will take at least another hundred chapters (hint - hint)

Offline christie wood

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
« Reply #6328 on: November 06, 2006, 08:55:27 am »
Awww yes Souxi, your cat is just too sweet and adorable  :)

What kind of celebration is Bonfire Night?

Have you heard of Guy Faulkes?  The man who tried to blow up the houses of parliament? Well, its all about that.  Over the years, the meaning of the actual thing has got lost and now its just an excuse to watch firework displays, buy toffee apples and eat treacle toffee.  

Offline Bigheart

« Reply #6329 on: November 06, 2006, 08:58:01 am »

I agree with you on this one Karen  :)