Author Topic: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll  (Read 3131867 times)

Offline brokebackjack

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll
« Reply #6660 on: November 13, 2006, 05:28:57 am »
Louise, are you coming to the Colorado & Wyoming 2007 BBM BBQ? It's all 3 Forums.
"I couldn't stand it no more so i fixed it"

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #6661 on: November 13, 2006, 05:36:29 am »
Jack, at this point I do not know where in the world I will be, so I am not making any plans to do any visiting or any trips.
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline brokebackjack

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #6662 on: November 13, 2006, 05:53:03 am »
Well, I hope that as the time nears the schedule gets more settled and you will be able to go. I'm one of the planners. BELIEVE that there will be a place for you!!!! :D

Offline christie wood

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
« Reply #6663 on: November 13, 2006, 06:19:22 am »
Louise, are you coming to the Colorado & Wyoming 2007 BBM BBQ? It's all 3 Forums.

Hi brokebackjack, I just saw your post about the BBM BBQ - I wouldnt be able to come (sadly!), but just wondered what forums you meant?   I assume you are talking about Bettermost, DC but what is the other one?  I am a member of ennisjack.com so just wondered if it was that one?

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #6664 on: November 13, 2006, 06:34:20 am »
Louise I hope you dont have too much work to do today.All this work keeping you from the important things in life...our boys. Bless em. :) :)

Ah, you hope in vain, Souxi.  However, the implementation/installation nightmare seems to be behind us and I am slogging through writing a development document which, now that I am actually forced to do it, isn't proving as onerous as I originally thought.  The hard part (understanding the tangled piece of spaghetti that was the Design Document and sending it back for revision) is over.
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline christie wood

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
« Reply #6665 on: November 13, 2006, 06:37:37 am »
Coooeeeeee...mornin all, mornin June. ;) :-* Why thank you for your kind words re my comments on LJ peeps lol. ;D That bloody woman gets right on my tits she does, as you no doubt guessed lol. ;D Snnoty old witch she is. Anyway, how are we all today? Louise I hope you dont have too much work to do today.All this work keeping you from the important things in life...our boys. Bless em. :) :)

Morning everyone, been catching up on the thread and realised that I had somehow missed the chapter "A case of details".   :-\  Dont know how I managed that!  Anyhow, loved your comments Souxi and got to say, I completely agree. Where does she get off correcting Dupree's grammar?  Good on him though for giving as good as he got.  And good on Ellery for not taking any of her crap either.  

I know its a bit late, but that was a great chapter Louise!

Offline brokebackjack

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #6666 on: November 13, 2006, 06:46:06 am »
Hi brokebackjack, I just saw your post about the BBM BBQ - I wouldnt be able to come (sadly!), but just wondered what forums you meant?   I assume you are talking about Bettermost, DC but what is the other one?  I am a member of ennisjack.com so just wondered if it was that one?

YES. As in YES.
 All 3 Forums will be represented, and there was a lot of interest shown at ennis-jack. the planning group is DC. BM, and E-J crossovers. I was pretty much DC until meeting frontranger adrian and ptannen up in Casper, Wyo; now I'm at all 3 lol.

Offline brokebackjack

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #6667 on: November 13, 2006, 07:56:43 am »
I just read chapter 38 of A Second Chance and literally fell off of my computer chair L. O. L.  when that ass of an A.D.A. said Ellery came into court with a hickey on his neck.

ROFLMAOOOOOO that's hysterical

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #6668 on: November 13, 2006, 08:01:00 am »
I just read chapter 38 of A Second Chance and literally fell off of my computer chair L. O. L.  when that ass of an A.D.A. said Ellery came into court with a hickey on his neck.

ROFLMAOOOOOO that's hysterical

Love bites, weren't they? Didn't he call them love bites?

I may need to go back and re-read too!

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline David

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #6669 on: November 13, 2006, 08:08:31 am »
RE:  Photo of Dupree.

I still like the original photo of Dupree we found.  Especially the one of him in his Army fatigues.

But if y'all are doing a casting call, then who am I to question it.      So I have been lining up young men for the roll.    It is a long and hard job, but someone needs to do it!    :laugh: