Author Topic: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll  (Read 3131689 times)

Offline richardg49

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • 'Keep on trucking'
Re: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll
« Reply #6740 on: November 14, 2006, 04:53:27 pm »
Won't Dupree have an excuse to come back once he's written up Nate's witness statement and needs to get him to verify it? If Dupree tells Nate that he works nights at the Red Stallion, what are the chances that Nate might come in to visit him at his work? And maybe meet Jeeves as well? All kinds of plot developments are possible!
I gave him what I hoped was that hopeful innocent puppy look that said “don’t you just want ta rub my tummy” rather than that hungry, ravenous wolf look that said “why don’t you just come out a that brick house so I can eat you up little pig?” LVH: 'What I did on my Day Off'

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #6741 on: November 14, 2006, 05:39:07 pm »
Great as always Milli!  ;D

Do you think he'd settle for the Mamacita?? LOL  ;D

June ~ The mamacita is great, but I am waiting for "Nick" .. remember him?  Well, he doesn't exist yet, but he will, he will .. ask Louise..  8)

Btw June, check out my avatar ..  ;D ..

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #6742 on: November 14, 2006, 05:41:01 pm »
guys, gals, fan(atic)s:

I didn't say the book is 100 chapters long.  I said the book would not END in less than 100 chapters.  It is going to go over.  By how much, I don' t know... because I just came up with the ending.

“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline christie wood

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
« Reply #6743 on: November 14, 2006, 05:57:13 pm »
Won't Dupree have an excuse to come back once he's written up Nate's witness statement and needs to get him to verify it? If Dupree tells Nate that he works nights at the Red Stallion, what are the chances that Nate might come in to visit him at his work? And maybe meet Jeeves as well? All kinds of plot developments are possible!

I was thinking about Nate going to the Red Stallion, he's not been in there before has he?  Now that would be interesting...I wonder if Ennis would recognise him, if he decides to clean up, that is!

Offline christie wood

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
« Reply #6744 on: November 14, 2006, 05:58:39 pm »
guys, gals, fan(atic)s:

I didn't say the book is 100 chapters long.  I said the book would not END in less than 100 chapters.  It is going to go over.  By how much, I don' t know... because I just came up with the ending.

You know how we get Louise with even the slightest mention of the ending of this fic....and then you go and mention the ending as well! lol 

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #6745 on: November 14, 2006, 06:29:28 pm »
guys, gals, fan(atic)s:

Ok..phew!  8)

Offline Bigheart

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #6746 on: November 14, 2006, 06:49:23 pm »
June ~ The mamacita is great, but I am waiting for "Nick" .. remember him?  Well, he doesn't exist yet, but he will, he will .. ask Louise..  8)

Btw June, check out my avatar ..  ;D ..

How can I forget Nick, Milli?!?  :P

Ohhhhhhhhhhh, she's heavenly......sigh. You should check out Minchout's (on LJ) Shane avatar. It's really pretty. She's Littleguitar here on BM.

Offline Bigheart

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #6747 on: November 14, 2006, 06:55:31 pm »

Offline David

« Reply #6748 on: November 14, 2006, 06:59:59 pm »

because I just came up with the ending.

Ending?    How can there be an ending?   With a cast like this there is no end to their escapades!   

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #6749 on: November 14, 2006, 07:01:51 pm »

What tickles Dupree's fancy?

Could the greasy, covered-in-soot-and-gasoline Nate the Repairman do it for our detective?

A little Lava soap and I bet this boy cleans up just fine....he has my vote!

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!