Author Topic: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll  (Read 3166376 times)

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
Re: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll
« Reply #6750 on: November 14, 2006, 07:18:30 pm »
I just realized that stats chick hasn't checked in in awhile...a long while.

This thread is number 3 in replies with 6750. Top of the list is Jess's Feed Shop (11607) and next, the ABC's game (8557). We've been in this position for awhile and I don't see any immediate change.

What is more interesting is the number of views: ABC's is #1, with 65236, but this thread is very close behind (right on the heels, actually) with 60535. The next closest is The Performance with 34894. That is more than 25000 views LESS. What this tells me is that we have tons of people who read this thread, but don't post...sort of like the Saga. Louise and I have estimated that for every 1 reader who comments, there are 10 to 15 who read without saying anything. The views on this thread would seem to bear that out.

And if we all start viewing and refreshing furiously, we mght just pass the ABC's game...

As Sheriff Roland notes in another thread, this board (FanFic) is the fourth most popular board at Bettermost right now. As Ellery would say, Whoo-wee!

Leslie
Stats Chick
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline magicmountain

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Fire from heaven
« Reply #6751 on: November 14, 2006, 07:46:34 pm »
Louise and I have estimated that for every 1 reader who comments, there are 10 to 15 who read without saying anything. The views on this thread would seem to bear that out.

Leslie
Stats Chick

Attention all lurkers

If you would like your name added to the plaque that Lucise is preparing

1. please PM me as soon as possible

or

2. leave a message here: http://louisev.livejournal.com/149489.html

and your name will be added.

Jo
« Last Edit: November 14, 2006, 07:50:23 pm by magicmountain »
Remember upon the conduct of each depends the fate of all. - Alexander the Great

Offline RonitR

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #6752 on: November 15, 2006, 03:12:48 am »
Hey Guys,

Just been to Brokebackslash, and there's a fic featuring Ennis, Ellery and Jack NOT written (I think) by Lousie ???? set after the end of the LS ...

Um..anyone know what that is about ?

Offline Bigheart

« Reply #6753 on: November 15, 2006, 03:37:17 am »
Hey Guys,

Just been to Brokebackslash, and there's a fic featuring Ennis, Ellery and Jack NOT written (I think) by Lousie ???? set after the end of the LS ...

All I know is that it's most definitely NOT written by Louise!! And Ellery dies in it..... :(  :(  :(   >:(

And I'm wondering if all of this is allowed?  ???

yb

« Reply #6754 on: November 15, 2006, 03:43:31 am »
Hey Guys,

Incredible but not unpredictable given the history of the person who write this is all I can say about this. 

Offline RonitR

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #6755 on: November 15, 2006, 03:55:48 am »
All I know is that it's most definitely NOT written by Louise!! And Ellery dies in it..... :(  :(  :(   >:(

And I'm wondering if all of this is allowed?  ???

Ellery DIES??? now, that's just ridiculous...

I remember back when, when a fan of Somebody New posted a fic in that universe while the story was still being written. It was meant as a tribute, and was really quite well written, but Jena asked the author, and it was taken down.

I'm sure this new fic is also written as a tribute to the LS (hey, a lot of us make-up stories in our head about it LOL ), but maybe its' author should have contacted Louise and asked for her permission beforehand. Or maybe he did and we just don't know about it...

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #6756 on: November 15, 2006, 04:20:05 am »
I don't give a rat's piss (forgive my french .. ;D ) for a story in which Ellery dies!
I mean come on, Jack is dead, now Ellery?  Come on, what did Ennis ever do to all these haters?  Let the man have some love, ok?

In THIS story, ENNIS and ELLERY LIVE!!

Take that and chew on it!  8)

Now I gotta go to bed.  Night night folks!

Offline Bigheart

« Reply #6757 on: November 15, 2006, 04:32:35 am »
Come on, what did Ennis ever do to all these haters?  Let the man have some love, ok?

Yeah Milli, that's what makes me so sad  :(  I just don't get it.

Nite!  :)

I love this gorgeous Shane avatar even more than the other one!

yb

« Reply #6758 on: November 15, 2006, 04:34:29 am »
This is really sad, isn’t it? 

Offline Kazza

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #6759 on: November 15, 2006, 04:57:14 am »
Hey Guys,

Well I've just been to LiveJournal and there are a number of deleted entries, so it looks like this fic has been taken down.

For the love of God, can't these people give it a rest already! They don't like the Laramie Sage, fine, cool, whatever. Lots of us do, so sod off and let us enjoy it.

Honestly, surely there are more constructive ways to spend one's time.

Hope you are all well today  :)

Karen