Author Topic: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll  (Read 3131811 times)

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
Re: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll
« Reply #9020 on: January 26, 2007, 11:17:53 am »
Another conversation from 74 that gets remembered later:

Lauren smiled. “Hey. That means I can get home early. Simon’ll be real happy.”

“That the name a yer man?”

He nodded happily, as if the name itself summoned his boyfriend.

“Been with em long?”

“Six months.”

“Lemme ask ya somethin. He ever... give ya a spank?”

Lauren blushed. “Ennis!”

“Ya don’t have ta tell me.”

“No! we don’t do that kinda stuff!”

“He don’t... tie you up or turn you over his knee or nothin?”

“No! Jesus Christ Ennis. Here I thought you was all uptight an everythin.”

“Just a question.”

“That is real far out stuff Ennis. Simon an me got a very normal relationship, just the usual stuff.”

“What, like suckin cock an fuckin, right?”

“Well, yeah.”

Ennis nodded, sipping on his beer. “Just learnin about all this stuff myself, don’t know too much about it is all.”

“Well you can’t learn it from me... I was a virgin before I met Simon, so I don’t know all about that weird stuff.”

“Okay okay. Maybe I ought ta ask Wayne.”

Lauren grinned. “Now Wayne... Wayne’s done it all.”

“I’ll just bet he has.”

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #9021 on: January 26, 2007, 11:20:40 am »
I love Ellery when he strikes his little poses...from chapter 75:

Ellery put the bookmark in his book and set it down on the table, sitting up, and unfastening the velcro straps on his brace, standing up and setting it on the chair, turning and striking a pose.

“Well... see anythin ya like?”

Ennis nodded. “Yep. Now we doin this hard an fast or harder an faster?”

Ellery grinned. “Well I dunno. I guess it depends on how riled ya are, or how riled I can get ya.”

“You think this tyin up and spankin stuff is weird?”

“Well, it’s sort a soft bondage an discipline Ennis. It gets me off, an gets you off. Why, does it bother ya?”

“No. I was just wonderin.”

“If we both like it then it’s fine. But if you ever don’t want ta do it you just let me know. I thought ya handle that paddle like a ping pong champ though.”

“Yer ass is still red.”

“Yeah well, that’ll go away.”

“Then I’ll do it all again.” Ennis loosened the towel at his waist and let it drop, his cock already stiffening, and he climbed onto the bed on his knees. “Lie down here, face down, I wanna see.”

Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #9022 on: January 26, 2007, 11:23:05 am »
And more from 75:

“Oh sweetheart!” he exclaimed.

“Too much for ya?”

“God no... what’s got inta you?”

“Mr. Coyote wanted a nip,” Ennis said softly, his voice rasping with the edge of a growl as his finger worked its way inexorably back inside Ellery’s hole. “Ya want me inside ya now, ya need yer man?”

“Oh yeah... oh please...”

Ennis pulled out his finger and lubricated his cock rapidly, his breath now uneven. The reaction to the fingering and his bites had aroused him rapidly. He held his cock ready, and then leaned over, his face now right up against the side of Ellery’s face, and he pressed his mouth against his in a hard kiss. Ellery turned then, mouth seeking, and opened his mouth for Ennis’s probing tongue, their hot breaths mingling as their mutual lust peaked. Ennis slid his tongue out and moved back once more, his hands clenching over Ellery’s hips and lifting him up and back onto his knees, guiding his cock inside with one long, smooth thrust.

“Oh... Ennis...” Ellery moaned softly as Ennis thrust in. Ennis threw his head back, beads of sweat mingling with the water from his shower, cascading from the ends of his hair onto Ellery’s back as he thrust up, his hips slapping the tender flesh, two new dark pink crescents marking the lighter dusk of his right cheek, the sight arousing a harder, deeper thrust as Ennis’s lust took hold and drove him deep into that responsive ring of muscle that provoked the unstoppable desire for more....

“More, sweetheart, please...” Ennis gulped, pulling back and driving in, his insatiability was matched by the lust of the man writhing below him, begging him.... and he lost control by degrees this time, first deepening his thrusts, leaning down and arching his back, and then pounding faster, sweat now sliding down both sides of his neck, pooling briefly in his collarbone before the next thrust caused droplets to splash down on Ellery’s back, and then they were striving together violently, thinking of nothing but the feeling of one another, so familiar and yet new each time, no sensation entirely memorized with each reacquaintance of their bodies with one another... the gentle slap of Ellery’s balls as they swung back against his thigh, making Ellery suddenly buck with the intense sensation of the contact, and he came unexpectedly, arching up, eyes wide, and Ennis came moments later, caught in the fierce clench of his sphincter as it grasped at his shaft like a fist.

He was puffing out hard breaths as he slowed, pulled out, flopped down, and Ellery sank down into a small, warm pool of come, laughing softly.

“What’re you laughin at....” Ennis said, gasping still.

“Dang coyotes. Now we got ta change the bed again.”

Offline opinionista

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #9023 on: January 26, 2007, 11:25:56 am »
I think it is time to post a picture of Ennis and Ellery here. Here's one of E&E sharing a pizza.

Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement. -Mark Twain.

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #9024 on: January 26, 2007, 01:55:16 pm »
Thanks for posting the great pic - that is awesome!  I wonder what Ellery is sayiing!   :laugh:

Recently Louise answered some questions for the minutiae-obsessed and she said that E&E watch the Sunday Night Mystery Movie - always a favorite.   I have all  the "Columbo" episodes!  I wonder what Ennis thinks of Lt. Columbo?

From Chapter 74:

After a dinner of chili and biscuits, Ellery snuggled down next to Ennis on the sofa. “You ain’t gonna believe it, Ennis, but that interview weren’t a gnat’s sneeze.”

Ennis smoothed his hair back. “Glad it’s behind you. No intrusive questions about what I was doin at yer house or nothin durin the shootin?”

“Didn’t ask me nothin about the shootin, actually. Never mentioned yer name. Asked me about me an Worrell an when I met em an when I met his wife an so on an then five minutes later he took another a Joe’s muffins an that was that. I swear that guy learned his interrogation technique from Lieutenant Columbo.”

“Who?”

“Oh don’t tell me you never saw Columbo.”

“Never saw it, what is it some movie?”

“It was some mystery movie of the week thing, oh Ennis I can’t believe you never saw that.”

I like to picture E&E cuddling together and watching a good mystery!

Thanks for the quotes -

Marie
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline opinionista

« Reply #9025 on: January 26, 2007, 04:53:47 pm »
Thanks for posting the great pic - that is awesome!  I wonder what Ellery is sayiing!   :laugh:

Ellery is probably saying:
Ellery: Ennis, do you hear that?
Ennis: What?
Ellery: Doorbell!

Or maybe: Did you change the sheets again?
 ;D
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement. -Mark Twain.

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #9026 on: January 26, 2007, 05:22:35 pm »
Ellery is probably saying:
Ellery: Ennis, do you hear that?
Ennis: What?
Ellery: Doorbell!

Or maybe: Did you change the sheets again?
 ;D

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:  Oh, God, that's hilarious - look at Ennis's face - he does look like he's straining to hear the bell!!!

But you could be right about the sheets - lots of talk about sheets lately!   Maybe Ellery heard David's suggestion:  "So, Ennis, what do ya think about that 'Scotchgard' idea? "  ;D

Thanks!

Marie

The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #9027 on: January 26, 2007, 10:59:13 pm »
hahaha! after an impossibly hard day I had a total howl reading these comments!

"Doorbell" hahahahah.
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline magicmountain

• Fire from heaven
« Reply #9028 on: January 27, 2007, 02:03:33 am »
Hi all,

I posted the following appreciation of Ennis in another place in response to yet another post putting Ennis down as a no hoper with no future. Louise suggested I re-post it here and here it is.

Ennis has a deep reticence and shyness that hides something precious: a loving heart, steadfast loyalty and a capacity for deep devotion. Once someone to sees this hidden beauty, as Jack did, they can never break away from him. Once you have aroused this man’s deep sexual passion, he can never break away from you.

This is a man made to love and receive love in return. He is in desperate need of love and withers without it. He has learnt bitter lessons from a terrible loss; his hard inner shell has been cracked open and his emotions are much nearer the surface now. He cries easily. He has paid a dreadful penalty for past mistakes and the pain he knows he has inflicted. He will not, cannot inflict that hurt on a person he loves again. He is filled with remorse and guilt.

You would need to woo this man and take bold action to capture him. Once captured you would need to nurse him through the miseries of guilt and aching loss and know you will never take the place of a man he will always love. But this is a man made to love and receive love in return. Ennis is a hidden treasure waiting to be found. He is well worth it.

Remember upon the conduct of each depends the fate of all. - Alexander the Great

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #9029 on: January 27, 2007, 11:52:54 am »
Thanks for that, Jo. Insightful comment, as always.

Re-readers...chapters 76 to 80 today. More rough going, sigh.

http://louisev.livejournal.com/70341.html

“Pickin up my bartender an fuckin em! Not in my bar he ain’t. Not on my payroll he ain’t.” To Ennis’s shocked surprise, he got out of bed and began to dress in a frantic hurry.

“They are both goin, an now.”

“Ellery that ain’t a good idea.”

“Oh it’s a fuckin good idea. It’s my fuckin bar an Bruce fuckin queer Eagleton ain’t fuckin my bartender in my fuckin apartment over my fuckin queer bar this night or any night an this’ll be the last night he spends in Laramie in a good long while...!” he raged, kicking one of his shoes and chasing it until he jammed it on his foot without socks.

“Ellery no... you ain’t goin nowhere. Just pretend he didn’t call an you don’t know nothin about it. You ain’t thinkin straight, I know that much.” Ennis got out of bed and stepped toward him, and Ellery held up a warning hand.

“Don’t you try ta stop me. This is between me an him.”

“Don’t you know why he called you Ellery? Have you lost yer brain? He did it ta rile ya up!”

“Well he succeeded real well. Cause I am fuckin riled.”

“You ain’t goin anywhere, if that means I got ta sit on you, yer stayin right here, Ellery.”

“Ennis, don’t cross me on this.”

“I’m sorry Ellery, but this is just fucked up, an I can’t believe you are actin this way without havin a fifth a scotch in you.” Ennis moved rapidly, catching Ellery’s arms, and he immediately began to struggle.

“Let me go goddammit!” he growled, writhing.

“Ya know if we hadn’t just done it I’d be gettin hard from this, boy,” Ennis said, trying to cajole him down.

“You ain’t helpin. Let me go. He is gettin out a this town at gunpoint.”

“Oh no, that ain’t gonna happen boy, you just settle.” Ennis maneuvered him back to the bed and sat, winding his long legs around his ankles and imprisoning him on his lap, and it suddenly occurred to him he had done this very recently... with Pete, only this time he was naked and Ellery was dressed, and the writhing of his body in the denims was abrading his thighs.

“Ennis... yer standin in the way a justice here,” Ellery said, his voice tight with restrained fury. “You just let me go... I ain’t been drinkin.... I can set someone off my property, I got the right.”

“Not if yer goin off half cocked, an since I love you an care about you I ain’t lettin you go nowhere like this because yer fuckin nuts right now.”

“Ennis you don’t understand.”

“Oh... yes I do. I’m the one who’s possessive an jealous remember. I understand real fuckin good. An if you want ta keep squirmin like this I’m gonna call Wes up an have em come down an give you a talkin to.”

“You wouldn’t dare.”

L