Author Topic: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll  (Read 3167307 times)

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
Re: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll
« Reply #2540 on: August 03, 2006, 03:46:53 am »
Here are a few more suggestions for the gallery:

Amos-in-drag .. ;D

Tatiana ..

Officers Jewell and Simpson?

Any more suggestions for the gallery, folks?  ;)

I would know those Tim Curry legs anywhere!  Excellent work Lucise!

I thought the tattooes on the officers were a great touch!  And that isn't a bad Tatiana either!

I better grind out a few more characters, huh?  Keep you folks busy?
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #2541 on: August 03, 2006, 03:54:00 am »
A Glimpse Ahead

The mysterious Brad Sevigny continues to baffle us with his unclear motives - something's wrong there...

One of the snipers faces death from Ellery's bullet and survives, now desperate enough to avoid execution that he is naming names...

Amos Marigold is in Holding, awaiting arraignment along with the Lang Brothers on a court calendar that gets longer and longer as the D.A. is once again stuck without staff...

Justin Worrell, now back in jail, awaiting his own postponed trial, may be sent back to Austin to face charges in two murders there as things back up in Albany County...

... stay tuned for the real truth about Brad Sevigny
... the conspiracy that led to the shootings of Allen, Dupree and the attempted murders of Ennis and Ellery
... the history of Amos's revenge
... and Wes Brown's bedroom name!

For all of you who are worried about Leslie and I being swallowed up in the London metropolis, we will be right nearby, hopefully I will get a couple of chapters done over the weekend while I am away, and keep things rolling here and in chat when we aren't blabbing and sipping Pimms.
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #2542 on: August 03, 2006, 06:42:21 am »
After 12 hours without Internet (folks, I was having withdrawal symptoms) they have sent me to the Business Center while they were trying to figure out what is wrong in the room. Honest to God, I did better while I was on the road. Meanwhile....

The good news is, I might have found the cure for Brokeback Fever. It is called "Billy Elliott--The Musical." Oh my God, this has to be the BEST performance I have ever seen in my life. It was 3+ hours long and I could have watched for another 3+ hours...jet lag and all. Incredible, absolutely incredible. The music, the dancing, the choreography, the sets--the entire things from beginning to end was riveting.

I was reminded of the first time I sat down to see BBM on Dec 27, not thinking as the movie started that it would change my life. I have to say, at the end of this show last night. When I saw in Seat P14 at 7:20 pm, I thought, "Okay, another bit of entertainiment." How wrong I was. It was absolutely incredible...

More later. I see I have a few chapters to catch up on.

Hugs to all,
Leslie
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #2543 on: August 03, 2006, 07:40:05 am »
oh no, don't tell me, WIFI failure????!!!!  how can we go on?  They better fix it!  Because unlike you, I bleed from the mouth and nose without internet!

Sorry I missed you in the chat earlier, I was busy (gasp) WORKING! for a living!

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #2544 on: August 03, 2006, 08:06:32 am »
LESLIE!  Fancy meeting you in Laramie!
 ;D

I know. I was reading this in the business center and almost fell off my chair (really, a high stool, like in a bar, so it is easy to fall off of) when I read that.

Worse...this business center has three computers, lined up in a row, monitors mounted to the wall, computers tucked beneath. When I came in, there was were two women and computers #1 and #3, the middle one was empty. I am using my laptop so I plugged it in, but because of the set up here, I had to angle it so the woman at computer #3, if she was looking, would be looking right at my computer. Anyway, I start going through the E&E thread, and suddenly...there's amos in his undies! And I think a crotch shot of Ellery (I really breezed by that...need to go back and look). All the while, I am screaming at the front desk saying, "I need wifi! I have to work!!!" If only they knew....

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline David

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #2545 on: August 03, 2006, 10:56:25 am »
Couldn't help but think of E&E when I saw this pic!

Sorry, but I had to "edit" it.  Damn censors!   

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #2546 on: August 03, 2006, 12:04:06 pm »
David, you have a way of keeping the readers thinking about the important elements of our plot!

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #2547 on: August 03, 2006, 12:25:15 pm »
Since David has already turned up the temperature in here ..  :P, I can just add this pic here!
This is probably my fave Ellery pic right now .. 8)

Stay tuned for an Ennis pic!!  I could post it now but I won't!  ;D :P

I hope to heaven I don't get sued one of these days by one of these hot underwear dudes ..LOL..

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #2548 on: August 03, 2006, 01:20:47 pm »
Update to "Shelter From the Storm"

http://louisev.livejournal.com/87190.html  "Chapter 46:  The Unanswered Question"

Offline David

« Reply #2549 on: August 03, 2006, 02:06:50 pm »
Hmm,  we still don't know why Ennis is having those nightmares.....  or was that just from his being kidnapped?