Author Topic: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll  (Read 3131739 times)

Offline notBastet

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • no way out but through
Re: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll
« Reply #2620 on: August 05, 2006, 01:46:46 am »
Oh Louise,

That's so funny, how can you not remember writing that?  It's practically the last few lines of the chapter.
LOL

I was at a 'club' tonight... I was on the lookout for E and E.  Didn't spot them, sadly.  There were lots of beefy guys in bouncer/security shirts.  I couldn't help but think, "Is this what it is like at the Red Stallion?  Surely not."
 ;)
Kelly
PS- are you there yet?  are you there yet? 
“It can be a little distressing to have to overintellectualize yourself” - Heath Ledger

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #2621 on: August 05, 2006, 02:32:20 am »
I am here and if everything went according to schdule, Louise should be riding on train/subway somewhere here in London right about now....

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline laurel

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • Heath, we'll never forget you.
« Reply #2622 on: August 05, 2006, 03:35:54 am »
I am rereading the saga from the beginning.  Does everyone remember how naive Ennis was at the beginning of Taking Chances?!!  I love this quote from chapter 20:

“Uh, Ellery, what is with you two? You go at it like cats and dogs.”
“Bill an me got history, Ennis.”
“Oh. You grow up together or somethin?”

LMAO!  How do you spell CLUELESS?!! :D

What Jack remembered and craved in a way he could neither help nor understand was the time that distant summer on Brokeback when Ennis had come up behind him and pulled him close, the silent embrace satisfying some shared and sexless hunger.   -Annie Proulx (Icon by alighttofollow)

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #2623 on: August 05, 2006, 04:08:58 am »
Update...Louise is here, safe and sound. More details later...

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #2624 on: August 05, 2006, 04:17:39 am »
...and man do my feet hurt.  Sweaty, grumpy, and struggling to express myself verbally in my mother tongue but otherwise, peachy!

“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline opinionista

« Reply #2625 on: August 05, 2006, 04:24:24 am »
...and man do my feet hurt.  Sweaty, grumpy, and struggling to express myself verbally in my mother tongue but otherwise, peachy!

I'm glad to know you made it safe and sound to London. Have fun girls!!!!!
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement. -Mark Twain.

Offline opinionista

« Reply #2626 on: August 05, 2006, 06:15:43 am »
I just registered at LJ so I can post comments there for you and Leslie and you know it is me. I found out that i have a copycat!  >:(  Somebody has been using MY nickname! I know is not registered under copyright laws, but still  >:( .

That opinionista has a journal there, but it isn't me. Damn copycat  >:( So I'm opinionista_bmf (bmf stands for bettermost forums).

Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement. -Mark Twain.

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #2627 on: August 05, 2006, 09:58:07 am »
Louise took a rest and recovered from her night in the airport. After that, we walked around the corner and had a nice lunch at a middle eastern restaurant. Louise had lentil kofte and chicken. I had lamb on a stick and a tomato, cucumber, onion and feta salad. It was very good except the service was slow at the end.

Now we are back in the room and Louise is promising me she will haul out her computer and begin typity type typing, altho I haven't seen evidence of it yet. I'll start bugging her...

Leslie

Offline magicmountain

• Fire from heaven
« Reply #2628 on: August 05, 2006, 10:47:14 am »
Louise took a rest and recovered from her night in the airport. After that, we walked around the corner and had a nice lunch at a middle eastern restaurant. Louise had lentil kofte and chicken. I had lamb on a stick and a tomato, cucumber, onion and feta salad. It was very good except the service was slow at the end.

Now we are back in the room and Louise is promising me she will haul out her computer and begin typity type typing, altho I haven't seen evidence of it yet. I'll start bugging her...

Leslie

There is no rest for the wicked is there Louise.
Remember upon the conduct of each depends the fate of all. - Alexander the Great

Offline opinionista

« Reply #2629 on: August 05, 2006, 10:53:00 am »

Leslie

How about you Leslie? Are you writing any update on your story?  ;D  ;)  :-*
« Last Edit: August 05, 2006, 10:55:09 am by opinionista »