Author Topic: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll  (Read 3131962 times)

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
Re: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll
« Reply #2690 on: August 08, 2006, 02:08:48 pm »
I receive notifications of my LJ  comments, both anonymous and registered, so that configuration functions as a "pm" type of notification, because I get them as people leave them there.  Is that what you are looking for?
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #2691 on: August 08, 2006, 02:16:10 pm »
I receive notifications of my LJ  comments, both anonymous and registered, so that configuration functions as a "pm" type of notification, because I get them as people leave them there.  Is that what you are looking for?

I also get notified via email when there are responses to my comments, but I was thinking of a messaging type of thing amongst users.  I guess not ..  :)  Thanks for the info L & L.

Louise, so how are ya feeling?  :)

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #2692 on: August 08, 2006, 02:19:39 pm »
Eh... well.  I guess I could be doing worse.  The drops I am taking are keeping me from coughing, which is good, and the nose drops are helping but not as much as I wish they would.  I expected I might feel a lot worse than I do so that is an improvement.

I was having a lot of pain in my teeth and called my dentist, who got back to me to let me know that there are no live teeth under that bridge I am having the pain under, so it must be a gum irritation. I never knew a gum irritation could be so -- irritating!  But as soon as I feel better I am going to go up and see him and have him poke and prod my gums.  He told me a situation like that is really quite minor to take care of.  At least I'm not facing another root canal.  Nurse Leslie tells me that sinus pressure can cause toothaches so I am wondering if that isn't what is really going on, since I have IMMENSE sinus pressure!

More than you wanted to know I'm sure!
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #2693 on: August 08, 2006, 02:25:13 pm »

More than you wanted to know I'm sure!

Definitely not Louise!  :-*

A bowl of hearty soup is excellent comfort food, and since your tooth hurts and your gums are irritated, have it warm..

Do take care of yerself, get well kwik!  :-*

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #2694 on: August 08, 2006, 02:30:52 pm »
That soups looks good, Milli, I think we need a recipe for it for the gallery!

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #2695 on: August 08, 2006, 02:35:24 pm »
That soups looks good, Milli, I think we need a recipe for it for the gallery!

L

True that! 
That's what I had for lunch few minutes ago .. well near enough, and .. yummy!  ;)

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #2696 on: August 08, 2006, 02:54:22 pm »
hi neatfreak,

Leuven, Belgium here  (CET=EDT+6)

'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline laurel

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • Heath, we'll never forget you.
« Reply #2697 on: August 08, 2006, 03:04:24 pm »
<waves>   Howdy Neighbor!   ;D

<waves back> Howdy David!   :)
What Jack remembered and craved in a way he could neither help nor understand was the time that distant summer on Brokeback when Ennis had come up behind him and pulled him close, the silent embrace satisfying some shared and sexless hunger.   -Annie Proulx (Icon by alighttofollow)

Offline laurel

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • Heath, we'll never forget you.
« Reply #2698 on: August 08, 2006, 03:11:00 pm »
While Louise gave us a teaser, this is my favorite paragraph:

“Thank you,” Ennis leaned over, brushing his thumb across Ellery’s damp cheek, pushing loose strands of hair back from Ellery’s forehead and tucking them behind his ear. “It’s cause I love you.” Then Ennis leaned down and brushed his lips softly across Ellery’s lips, kissing him as gently as he had penetrated him earlier... giving him a subtle message.

I just love the imagery of their faces so close together, light hair, dark hair, Ennis's fingers in Ellery's hair, pushing it back....sigh.....

L

I totally agree with Leslie and Fred about this passage.  It is just beautiful. (although the hot sweaty part was pretty damn good, too!  ;))

Laurel
What Jack remembered and craved in a way he could neither help nor understand was the time that distant summer on Brokeback when Ennis had come up behind him and pulled him close, the silent embrace satisfying some shared and sexless hunger.   -Annie Proulx (Icon by alighttofollow)

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #2699 on: August 08, 2006, 03:28:18 pm »
I am just printing out the latest chapters to read tonight!  :)

BBM has completely swallowed up my free time .. lol, if I am not reading fanfics, I am on BT, if I am not on BT, I am playing around with my paint program doing BBM, Jake/Heath, E&E foto art stuff, if I am not doing that I am watching BBM, if I am not doing that, I feel like I damn well oughta be! O boy!  ;D  I love it!