Author Topic: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll  (Read 3165964 times)

Offline souxi

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
Re: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll
« Reply #4860 on: October 03, 2006, 04:57:41 am »
Yep Christie Hugh Laurie is PERFECT, absolutly brilliant. Have a look at these, one with Stephen Fry. What do you think?

« Last Edit: October 03, 2006, 05:00:21 am by souxi »

Offline David

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #4861 on: October 03, 2006, 05:45:01 am »
I don't know brokies.   I am just puzzled why Dupree would be infatuated with that guy.     

I would have thought him to have had his atention grabbed by some hunky Marine type who came into the bar.

Offline Bigheart

« Reply #4862 on: October 03, 2006, 06:08:38 am »
I don't know brokies.   I am just puzzled why Dupree would be infatuated with that guy.     

I would have thought him to have had his atention grabbed by some hunky Marine type who came into the bar.
Yep, I have to agree with you David. Isn't there a sexier, hunkier English guy around for Dupree??

I do like Hugh Laurie though and Alan Rickman and I adore Ralph Fiennes. Thanks girls! for going to all this trouble  :)

Souxi, LOVE all the belt buckles, and yes you have been a busy little bee  ;D I take it you had a GOOOOD nights rest?!?  ;D My favourite is also the horsey one  :)

And I forgot to thank you too, Milli, for the belt bucke pics. Don't know now which one I like better....the mother of pearl or Souxi's horsey one!

Offline christie wood

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
« Reply #4863 on: October 03, 2006, 06:17:37 am »

I do know what you mean.  I am really baffled too.  What is it about Jeeves that Dupree likes?

I keep thinking that Dupree fancies Ennis, but I dont want to think that.   ???

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #4864 on: October 03, 2006, 06:26:35 am »
Interesting belt buckle choices, have to say! The Sturgis one...that's from a huge Harley-Davidson motorcycle rally held every year in Sturgis, SD. I sort of doubt that would be Ellery or Simon's choice.

My taste tends to run to the simple. I like this (all silver), which is crafted by a Navajo artist.

This is a Zuni design, silver inlaid with onyx, turquoise, spiny oyster and mother of pearl.

« Last Edit: October 03, 2006, 06:29:48 am by MaineWriter »
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline opinionista

« Reply #4865 on: October 03, 2006, 06:32:53 am »

This is a Zuni design, silver inlaid with onyx, turquoise, spiny oyster and mother of pearl.

Wow, this one is very very beautiful!
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement. -Mark Twain.

yb

« Reply #4866 on: October 03, 2006, 06:37:30 am »

Actually, I have the same feeling that Dupree has a secret crush on Ennis.  I'm thinking maybe Dupree and Jeeves's relation is not the kind we have in mind.

Offline souxi

• sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
« Reply #4867 on: October 03, 2006, 06:42:07 am »
Ok last one I found.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2006, 06:46:00 am by souxi »

Offline opinionista

« Reply #4868 on: October 03, 2006, 06:51:40 am »

Actually, I have the same feeling that Dupree has a secret crush on Ennis.  I'm thinking maybe Dupree and Jeeves's relation is not the kind we have in mind.

Well, I don't think Dupree fancies Ennis. They're just friends. I also don't think Dupree is gay or bi. I could be wrong, but to me he's just gay friendly. Something like Jake Gyllenhaal. "He's not into guys sexually, but wouldn't be afraid if it happens", which doesn't necessarily making bi sexual, probably bi curious. We already know Dupree beats up thinking of sweaty beefy army guys once in a while. And Jeeves is probably just a friend of his.

We still don't know Jeeve's story and how he got in the Red Stallion in the first place. Maybe Dupree and him have known each other before, and Dupree invited him over. Being in the army, Dupree probably had the chance to travel some, and could've meet Jeeves anywhere. Lauren and Simon are just gossiping like a couple of old ladies. I don't think they have the facts about Dupree's sexuality or life.
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement. -Mark Twain.

Offline David

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #4869 on: October 03, 2006, 07:01:16 am »
Quote from: christie wood link=topic=2833.msg94992#msg94992 I keep thinking that Dupree fancies Ennis, but I dont want to think that.   ???
[/quote

Why not?     Many closeted guys who are very masculine and straight acting are attracted to the Ennis types.    Overly fem guys are a big turn off to them.     Which is pretty much how Ennis feels isn't it?     

« Last Edit: October 03, 2006, 08:16:11 am by MaineWriter »