Author Topic: Animals In Our Lives  (Read 1006451 times)

Offline Fran

• "ABCs of BBM" moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Re: Animals In Our Lives
« Reply #450 on: January 29, 2010, 12:15:28 pm »
Did you choose the dog matching to your corridor? ;)

It sure looks that way, doesn't it?

Offline Fran

« Reply #451 on: January 29, 2010, 12:22:45 pm »
I love that blue collar she's sporting. Cody has a glow-in-the-dark collar. Purplish blue. So I don't trip over him at night. lol

That's an extra martingale collar that I bought for Madison which she never got a chance to wear.  (The martingale collars are great for dogs like greyhounds and whippets because they can't slip out of them.)

He caused me to fall down the stairs... ALL the way down the stairs a few months ago, and I won't be having any more of THAT just now! :laugh:
:P

David, for your sake, I hope those stairs were carpeted.  Major ouch!

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #452 on: January 29, 2010, 03:58:45 pm »

These are adorable pictures!  Thanks for sharing them! :)  She does look like a sweet dog. :)

Well, on a totally different topic...
I was coming here to this thread to share a really funny cat story.  Or at least funny to me!
 ;D

Vivien has discovered a new, goofy activity that she absolutely loves.  She has a large, wide cardboard box with low sides (kind of the perfect shape for a cat bed... it was an old shipping box at one time) that she likes to lounge in.  One day just to be silly I started gently pushing/ sliding the box along on the floor and occasionally slowly spinning it while she was lying in the box.  And, LOL... I discovered that she totally loves it.  Now, she'll sit in that box and let me scoot her all over the apartment that way.  It's like a cat amusement park ride.  At any point she'd be free to jump out (and she could do so easily), but she just sits there and goes along for the ride.  She'll even jump in and look at me on occasion as if thinking... come on, let's go!

:laugh:

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline Fran

« Reply #453 on: January 29, 2010, 05:08:57 pm »
Vivien has discovered a new, goofy activity that she absolutely loves.  She has a large, wide cardboard box with low sides (kind of the perfect shape for a cat bed... it was an old shipping box at one time) that she likes to lounge in.  One day just to be silly I started gently pushing/ sliding the box along on the floor and occasionally slowly spinning it while she was lying in the box.  And, LOL... I discovered that she totally loves it.  Now, she'll sit in that box and let me scoot her all over the apartment that way.  It's like a cat amusement park ride.  At any point she'd be free to jump out (and she could do so easily), but she just sits there and goes along for the ride.  She'll even jump in and look at me on occasion as if thinking... come on, let's go!

It sounds like Vivien is quite the thrill-seeker.

You've got to record this, if you haven't done so already.  I think it would make an awesome video.  Who knows, you just might have the next YouTube sensation here.  :)

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #454 on: January 29, 2010, 07:41:40 pm »

You've got to record this, if you haven't done so already.  I think it would make an awesome video.  Who knows, you just might have the next YouTube sensation here.  :)

i agree!
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #455 on: January 30, 2010, 03:27:55 am »

David, for your sake, I hope those stairs were carpeted.  Major ouch!

I didn't see him laying at the top of the stairs at the time. So, I fell down and broke my crown but there was no Jill tumbling after! :laugh:

And my name is not JACK! :P

That's an extra martingale collar that I bought for Madison which she never got a chance to wear.  (The martingale collars are great for dogs like greyhounds and whippets because they can't slip out of them.)

Awww! It looks so good on her, Fran! I'm glad Madison's collar was put to some good use!

:-* :-*

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline delalluvia

• "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #456 on: January 30, 2010, 09:02:28 pm »
Ember now weighs 19.4 pounds, up from 18.2 on January 20th.  The vet, who used to raise Afghan hounds, says that she's coming along nicely and that she has a nice temperament.  

Look at those pretty teeth!

Beautiful creature.  I love sighthounds.

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #457 on: February 06, 2010, 06:57:53 pm »
My Mum's doggy is going to be a mummy in early March.. and my sisters dog is the daddy!

A Christmas fling..  :laugh: ......... totally not planned but the dogs were together a bit more than planned at Christmas time due to christmas and the wedding.. and thats the result.....

This is the two of them back last summer...

http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline delalluvia

• "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #458 on: February 06, 2010, 07:07:30 pm »
Is that a twinkle I see in his eye?  : :laugh:

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #459 on: February 06, 2010, 07:13:35 pm »
A Christmas fling..  :laugh: ......... totally not planned but the dogs were together a bit more than planned at Christmas time due to christmas and the wedding.. and thats the result.....

Didn't anyone explain to them the consequences of unsafe sex?

:o

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!