Author Topic: Human Interest and Two Crows Joy by MadLori  (Read 312483 times)

Offline souxi

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
Re: Human Interest and Two Crows Joy by MadLori
« Reply #220 on: August 25, 2007, 02:24:10 pm »
Ya know, all this technology is gettin' the best of us.  We all got to keep on top of the latest "tricks" and such to access info.  It's training lot's of folks how to really move and manipulate the internet.  It's all so constantly evolving.  Soon, we'll all be considered "hackers" just trying to access the infomation we need.   :laugh:  It's bad enough all the advertising and spam out there...

Really looking forward to Chapter 36 Lori!   :D  :D

And after all that bloody faffing about Eric, so am I!! Jeez...what a palava. ::) ::) ;)

Offline souxi

• sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
« Reply #221 on: August 25, 2007, 02:27:47 pm »
For what it's worth,  I think Livejournal is pretty tricky to navigate and its functions, etc. aren't really all that intuitive or super user-friendly in my opinion.  My account there is still relatively new, so there's a lot for me still to learn about all the ways Livejournal works.  So, Souxi, I can certainly understand your frustration.  Yup, being a member of the community is the key to this situation.

Your so right there Amanda. For instance, sometimes when you click on the arrow to go to, what you naturally think will be the next chapter of the story your reading, you often find that your reading a totally different story, and you have to trawl through endless pages of someone elses story before you find the next chapter. grrrrrrrrr.
 >:( >:( >:(

Offline ifyoucantfixit

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #222 on: August 25, 2007, 02:31:42 pm »

They keep on throwing a wall in my searching because i dont put things on my journal..I am now in the order of ten or more passwords, and four new incarnations of my user name..
          They seem to arbitrarily toss out my stuff, because i dont post in it..they think i am not still a user there...at first I didnt know what was going on...I would go nuts...

Beautiful mind

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #223 on: August 25, 2007, 02:37:46 pm »
This is such a good observation Eric.  Ever since I've started my BetterMost adventure, I really have learned a ton about navigating the internet in ways I'd never even worried about before. 

For what it's worth,  I think Livejournal is pretty tricky to navigate and its functions, etc. aren't really all that intuitive or super user-friendly in my opinion.  My account there is still relatively new, so there's a lot for me still to learn about all the ways Livejournal works.  So, Souxi, I can certainly understand your frustration.  Yup, being a member of the community is the key to this situation.

I also think part of the problem is that LJ was never designed to be an archive for stories so it doesn't have good navigation tools, good mechanism to set up an index, etc.

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline SFEnnisSF

• BBM Radio Program Director
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #224 on: August 27, 2007, 09:27:56 pm »
Posted by Lori today:

"Hello everyone,

I'd really planned to have the new chapter up by now, but one of my friends died suddenly this past weekend, so I have hardly put fingers to keyboard in days.

The chapter is very close to being finished, though, so as soon as I have a free evening I'm sure I'll be able to finish and post it.

Thanks for your patience."

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #225 on: August 27, 2007, 09:34:25 pm »
Yes, I saw that today on the journal.  Such a sad situation.   :'(  I hope Lori's doing OK.

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #226 on: August 28, 2007, 06:29:48 pm »
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline MadLori

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • Remember - Jack Nasty loves you.
« Reply #227 on: August 28, 2007, 08:53:45 pm »
Thanks, everyone, for your good wishes and good thoughts.

I hope you enjoy today's chapter.  It's extra-long!
Jack:  I could kick your ass any day of the week.
Ennis:  Then the weeks where you live must have a No Fuckin' Way Day.

Offline ifyoucantfixit

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #228 on: August 28, 2007, 09:05:03 pm »

Just know our hearts are with you my dear...
                                               Janice

Beautiful mind

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #229 on: August 28, 2007, 10:02:50 pm »
Thanks for the wonderful chapter -  after all the time apart and all the pain and angst, it was so fitting that you kept the focus on Jack and Ennis and their unbreakable bond.  Beautifully done.

Sending good thoughts your way.

Marie
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain