Author Topic: Human Interest and Two Crows Joy by MadLori  (Read 312527 times)

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: Human Interest and Two Crows Joy by MadLori
« Reply #280 on: July 25, 2008, 04:10:21 am »
So soon? Wow.
Off to read ....

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #281 on: July 25, 2008, 08:55:55 am »

I thought this was a particularly great update.  Things just seem so complicated right now.  And, it's so interesting to see that J & E's relationship has reached a really mature level in terms of looking out for one another and in working through emotional issues without really flying off the handle.

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • "you bet"
« Reply #282 on: July 25, 2008, 12:40:09 pm »
I thought this was a particularly great update.  Things just seem so complicated right now.  And, it's so interesting to see that J & E's relationship has reached a really mature level in terms of looking out for one another and in working through emotional issues without really flying off the handle.

Well said, Amanda.  I agree.  I'm proud of Jack for deciding to go to court with Ennis.  I know how hard that will be for him.  And I'm proud of Ennis, too.  I think it may turn out to be one of his finest hours. 

Marie
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #283 on: July 25, 2008, 01:06:02 pm »

Another thing I'd like to mention about this good update is that in this chapter I think Lori really, really nails the correct voices for Ennis and Jack in the dialogue passages.  She's good at writing dialogue for them in general, but as I was reading this one it just kept striking me how right-on she was with some of their turns of phrases, etc.  I could really hear the original Ennis and Jack talking that way.

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #284 on: September 23, 2008, 12:09:02 am »

Hey Buds,

I feel like it's been quite a long time since we've heard from Lori.  Has anyone heard any news about TCJ?

Offline SFEnnisSF

• BBM Radio Program Director
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #285 on: September 23, 2008, 12:34:10 pm »
I was wonderin' too...  Any new chapters been posted?  (I admit I haven't looked...)

Offline SFEnnisSF

• BBM Radio Program Director
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #286 on: October 28, 2008, 12:07:40 am »
Looks like no new chapters have been posted after Chapter 39.  :(

Offline ifyoucantfixit

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #287 on: October 28, 2008, 10:55:19 pm »

Lori said she was going to complete HI, but she hasn't done so.  She is supposedly writing a sequel to
Zero at the Bone.   But she said she wouldn't post any of it, until it was completed.  I have a feeling she is probably focusing on her other fan fiction now.

Beautiful mind

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #288 on: October 28, 2008, 11:18:37 pm »

Lori said she was going to complete HI, but she hasn't done so.  She is supposedly writing a sequel to
Zero at the Bone.   But she said she wouldn't post any of it, until it was completed.  I have a feeling she is probably focusing on her other fan fiction now.

Well, as far as I understand, HI is complete... it's TCJ we're waiting for.  And, I thought that she was going to try to write the entirety of the remainder of TCJ before posting any more of it and also the entirety of the Zero sequel before posting (instead of posting chapter by chapter in installments).

I could be totally wrong about this, but I was under the impression this was the plan. 

Lori!  If you drop by it would be great to hear how things are going!
 :)

Offline BlissC

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • There ain't never enough time...
    • NeonBlue Dreams
« Reply #289 on: October 29, 2008, 12:39:08 pm »

Well, as far as I understand, HI is complete... it's TCJ we're waiting for.  And, I thought that she was going to try to write the entirety of the remainder of TCJ before posting any more of it and also the entirety of the Zero sequel before posting (instead of posting chapter by chapter in installments).

That's the way I understood it too. I've actually just started re-reading HI. I've just started getting back into reading, and there seemed to be no better way of getting back into reading than reading about 'our boys'.  ;D

"No matter how hard you try, You're still in prison, If ya born with wings and you never fly."