Author Topic: Human Interest and Two Crows Joy by MadLori  (Read 312627 times)

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
Re: Human Interest and Two Crows Joy by MadLori
« Reply #290 on: October 29, 2008, 02:38:38 pm »
Lori posted over on Dave Cullen, maybe a week or so ago, that no new chapters or updates to TCJ were imminent. Supposedly she is writing in another fandom now and working on the Zero sequel.

Leslie
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline BlissC

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • There ain't never enough time...
    • NeonBlue Dreams
« Reply #291 on: October 31, 2008, 05:02:19 pm »
I guess while it's frustrating in some ways for us as fans, I can understand it.

I have some friends who are still patiently waiting for me to finish off writing the novel I started back in my college days (and that's over 15 years ago now! :laugh:) Meanwhile, I'll occasionally do a little work on it, get distracted by one of my other projects, go back to it, find that inspiration's lacking at that particular time, or that my characters have taken an unscheduled vacation from my head without telling me first, and go off and work on something else. If the inspiration's not there, sometimes there's nothing you can do about it except go with the flow and get back to it straight away the next time inspiration strikes.

Our boys are always worth waiting for.  ;)

"No matter how hard you try, You're still in prison, If ya born with wings and you never fly."

Offline SFEnnisSF

• BBM Radio Program Director
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #292 on: November 02, 2008, 02:09:08 pm »
I don't understand how a writer can just leave their story unfinished....especially when it's so close to being wrapped up.

All it would take is one more chapter really.

Maybe someone should finish it for her... 

Offline souxi

• sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
« Reply #293 on: November 02, 2008, 03:14:29 pm »
Lori posted over on Dave Cullen, maybe a week or so ago, that no new chapters or updates to TCJ were imminent. Supposedly she is writing in another fandom now and working on the Zero sequel.

Leslie

This is what Lori posted on her LJ back in June. She said that now it was the turn of TCJ fans to have the rest of their story finished whilst Zero readers waited for their sequel. That is so bloody unfair. They moan like hell if readers don,t comment on their stories after they,ve written them, then they promise us they,ll finish them and they don,t. And these authors wonder why we get so pissed off??  Yes I know I wasn,t going to post here again, but when I read that it made me so mad I had to say something.  >:( >:( >:(
http://community.livejournal.com/humaninterest/96950.html

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #294 on: November 02, 2008, 03:18:19 pm »
This is what Lori posted on her LJ back in June. She said that now it was the turn of TCJ fans to have the rest of their story finished whilst Zero readers waited for their sequel. That is so bloody unfair. They moan like hell if readers don,t comment on their stories after they,ve written them, then they promise us they,ll finish them and they don,t. And these authors wonder why we get so pissed off??  Yes I know I wasn,t going to post here again, but when I read that it made me so mad I had to say something.  >:( >:( >:(
http://community.livejournal.com/humaninterest/96950.html

I understand your frustration, Souxi.

It's nice to see you, though. Thanks for dropping in.

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline BlissC

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • There ain't never enough time...
    • NeonBlue Dreams
« Reply #295 on: November 04, 2008, 06:30:25 pm »
I don't understand how a writer can just leave their story unfinished....especially when it's so close to being wrapped up.

I guess the problem is when RL demands drag you away, and you've got different projects pulling you in different directions, and if the inspiration just isn't there, it can be difficult to get into writing, even when you've got most of the work done.

I know some writers force themselves to write no matter what, but I have to be in the right mood and the inspiration has to be there - if the characters aren't there in my head talking to me and have taken an unscheduled vacation, I just end up writing complete crap that never sees the light of day, because I don't let anything out in public until I'm happy with it.

I guess everyone approaches it differently though.

"No matter how hard you try, You're still in prison, If ya born with wings and you never fly."

Offline ifyoucantfixit

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #296 on: November 05, 2008, 02:09:58 am »

When I said that she was finishing HI,, I meant TCJ.  I think of them as the same thing.....sorry if I misled anyone.

Beautiful mind

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #297 on: November 24, 2008, 03:10:18 pm »
A question was posed on the Human Interest Community regarding the status of TCJ.  Here is Lori's reply:

Thanks, everyone, I'm glad you're still interested.

Unfortunately I don't have a timeline for you, and it will likely not be until after the holidays, as I have multiple writing commitments both professionally and in another fandom, but I will finish the story (only a couple chapters to go).

And here is the link to the entire thread:

http://community.livejournal.com/humaninterest/99271.html

Marie
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #298 on: November 24, 2008, 03:20:50 pm »
A question was posed on the Human Interest Community regarding the status of TCJ.  Here is Lori's reply:

Thanks, everyone, I'm glad you're still interested.

Unfortunately I don't have a timeline for you, and it will likely not be until after the holidays, as I have multiple writing commitments both professionally and in another fandom, but I will finish the story (only a couple chapters to go).

And here is the link to the entire thread:

http://community.livejournal.com/humaninterest/99271.html

Marie

Thanks Marie!  It's nice to hear this news that she intends to finish the story.  I think that will be a big relief to the many fans of this story.
:)

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Marge_Innavera

« Reply #299 on: December 05, 2008, 12:23:14 pm »

All it would take is one more chapter really.

There are a lot of abandoned fanfics out there -- too bad more writers don't just post a synopsis of the rest of the story!