Author Topic: Human Interest and Two Crows Joy by MadLori  (Read 312548 times)

Offline souxi

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
Re: Human Interest and Two Crows Joy by MadLori
« Reply #300 on: December 05, 2008, 12:30:54 pm »
There are a lot of abandoned fanfics out there -- too bad more writers don't just post a synopsis of the rest of the story!

Yes there are Marge, and I think it,s very unfair. Look at Dreaming. Cathliln promised the epilogue, TWO YEARS ago. It still isn,t finished, yet she,s been writing other stories. Why can,t these authors just finish one story first, instead of half writing  it, then leaving it and writing something else?  >:(

Offline ifyoucantfixit

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #301 on: March 06, 2009, 02:55:14 pm »

I used to be very frustrated at the stories that never were finished.  I would become irate, and wonder over and
over why they couldnt just finish it.  More often than not they were near the end, and just needed to be tied into a
neat little bow, and written THE END. 
  As I discovered after some of the writers went back and when having no real muse to finish the stories did so at the
behest of the fans.  More often than not the end was rather uninspiring and flat.  They were just finished without the
true heart of the story being truly answered.  I think that is the problem with writers ending a story simply so they can
put an end to the complaints of the readers.   It is usually very unsatisfactory at best.
   Then it came to mind that the story is truly basically over.  It has ended, and the neat little bow, is just a formality that
doesnt really give anything to the reader that they dont already have.  So if you are honest with yourself you can see that
the story is "{finished}  in spite of the non ending so to speak.  HI is one of those stories in my opinion.  It is basically over.
It has been pretty much tied up, without the formality of the end.  So I just left them to their own situation, rather
than trying to make them come to some kind of false finish and hope that people are more satisfied by it. 
   Now I only read stories that have several chapters already started.  I dont caterwall over the lack of an ending, and
just enjoy the parts that are finished, as they are.  As if it was a vignette or a one off.  It makes the way of dealing with
them much more enjoyable, and gives us a greater amount of viewpoints.  The writers have the ability to give their own
take in this fandom as well.  It is helpful to both parties.  JMO

Beautiful mind

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #302 on: March 06, 2009, 02:55:28 pm »
I broke off the discussion of unfinished fics in a new thread which is continuing here titled "Unfinished Fics Discussion"

http://bettermost.net/forum/index.php/topic,32533.0.html
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline MadLori

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • Remember - Jack Nasty loves you.
« Reply #303 on: March 30, 2009, 11:15:21 pm »
hi everyone!  I have heard your frustration with the delay in completing TCJ and I sympathize.  I apologize that it's taking so long, but as you may have heard I'm publishing "Zero at the Bone" as an original fiction and that, plus my other original fiction plus my freelance paid work, has been taking all my time.

But I've been re-reading tCJ in preparation to conclude the story, which as planned should be another four or five chapters.  I will be doing so as soon as possible.  I appreciate everyone's patience and I hope it'll be worth the wait.
Jack:  I could kick your ass any day of the week.
Ennis:  Then the weeks where you live must have a No Fuckin' Way Day.

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #304 on: March 30, 2009, 11:31:05 pm »
hi everyone!  I have heard your frustration with the delay in completing TCJ and I sympathize.  I apologize that it's taking so long, but as you may have heard I'm publishing "Zero at the Bone" as an original fiction and that, plus my other original fiction plus my freelance paid work, has been taking all my time.

But I've been re-reading tCJ in preparation to conclude the story, which as planned should be another four or five chapters.  I will be doing so as soon as possible.  I appreciate everyone's patience and I hope it'll be worth the wait.

Yay!!!  This is such great news.  Congratulations on the publication of Zero!  That's terrific.  Thanks for dropping by with the status update!  I'll certainly be looking forward to the rest of TCJ.
 :D :D :D

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline Monika

• BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • We are all the same. Women, men, gay, straight
« Reply #305 on: March 30, 2009, 11:34:23 pm »
looking forward to it!!

Offline SFEnnisSF

• BBM Radio Program Director
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #306 on: April 08, 2009, 01:53:09 am »
Also looking forward to the conclusion.  Please do post here when you have a new chapter ready Lori.  :)

Offline SFEnnisSF

• BBM Radio Program Director
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #307 on: May 15, 2009, 01:41:31 pm »
Any update on a new chapter?

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #309 on: July 01, 2009, 12:49:28 am »
Surprise!  Chapter 40:

http://community.livejournal.com/humaninterest/102957.html?#cutid1

:o

Surprise is an understatement friend!
I hesitated (for about 30 seconds) if I should get into this story again, but then clicked the link anyway. Off to read ....