Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 9309249 times)

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #12860 on: March 23, 2014, 11:14:01 am »
As long as the conversation has turned to food, this is my place to ask a question I have been unable to answer:  Years ago you could buy in the spice department of the supermarket a butter flavoured salt--for popcorn, baked potatoes, vegetables, and other such things.  It was a great no-cal way to enjoy these foods.  I tried looking for it recently, but can't find it.  Do they call it something else now?  I would like to hear from everyone, but especially from Canadians since I live and shop there.  Tnx.

Hello X-Man!

I'm assuming you mean something like this:

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline tampatalon

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Never Enuff Time
« Reply #12861 on: March 23, 2014, 02:24:08 pm »
Very Good Chuck :)
"Lean on me, Let our hearts beat in time, Feel strength from the hands that have held you so long. Who cares where we go on this rutted old road, In a world that may say that we're wrong."--EmmyLou Harris

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #12862 on: March 24, 2014, 08:31:28 am »
Hello Bettermost Friends!

If it were only possible to hide from Mondays.  I'd be in hiding right now!

Of course, then I wouldn't be paid, and then bills wouldn't be paid, so I guess Monday's are necessary.  But that doesn't mean we have to like them!!!!   :laugh:

I believe this weekend the family will be getting together for birthdays that we've been trying to celebrate since February, but either due to weather or previously made plans, we couldn't.  It will be good to see Trenton again!!  He's getting bigger, and cuter!

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline x-man

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #12863 on: March 24, 2014, 02:02:49 pm »
Hey Muscle Bear.  Wow!  Thanks for the shots of the butter-flavoured salt.  That is, of course, exactly what I meant.  So, it isn't gone.  Tnx.
You never did comment on my question of pink triangle versus a Pride flag for a tat.  I'll be going in later in the week for the triangle and to let the artist take a look at the first tat.  The scabbing is now off the tat of the ship and my beloved's name, so I can at last tell what it really looks like.  I am very happy, and should have had it done long ago.   Back to the triangle: a pink triangle summons up darker images of the LGBT oppression that still stalks most of the rest of the world, while a Pride flag celebrates the gains already made--but in my mind it ignores important warnings from the past.  Do you agree?  This is why I asked if you had it to do over again would you opt for a Pride flag rather than the triangle.  I wonder what other people think.
 :)
Happiness is the lasting pleasure of the mind grasping the intelligible order of reality.      --Leibniz

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #12864 on: March 24, 2014, 02:41:08 pm »
Hiya Chuck!

That's a very funny name for a dish. What's in it?

I agree. Aletria. Sounds like that rodent from Louisiana.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Bork bork bork
« Reply #12865 on: March 24, 2014, 03:01:58 pm »
Aw...isn't he a cutie!!

Judging by how early he rolled himself over, I expect he's already dancing ballet?   8)

Düva pööp is a förce of natüre

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #12866 on: March 24, 2014, 06:05:04 pm »
Hey Muscle Bear.  Wow!  Thanks for the shots of the butter-flavoured salt.  That is, of course, exactly what I meant.  So, it isn't gone.  Tnx.
You never did comment on my question of pink triangle versus a Pride flag for a tat.  I'll be going in later in the week for the triangle and to let the artist take a look at the first tat.  The scabbing is now off the tat of the ship and my beloved's name, so I can at last tell what it really looks like.  I am very happy, and should have had it done long ago.   Back to the triangle: a pink triangle summons up darker images of the LGBT oppression that still stalks most of the rest of the world, while a Pride flag celebrates the gains already made--but in my mind it ignores important warnings from the past.  Do you agree?  This is why I asked if you had it to do over again would you opt for a Pride flag rather than the triangle.  I wonder what other people think.
 :)

Hiya X-man......I did answer your question, I guess you missed it.

Here's a link to the post.

http://bettermost.net/forum/index.php/topic,13511.msg656348.html#msg656348

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #12867 on: March 25, 2014, 08:31:58 am »
Hello Bettermost friends!

So how is everyone? 

Weatherman says we'll have snow today/tonight.....we'll see about that.  It is pretty cold right now.  Had to break out the gloves and earmuffs again.

bowling night today, fingers crossed for turkeys!  ;D  Work is starting to get a bit busier, which is to be expected.....come mid-May I'll begin to get really busy!

X-man, I assume you saw my post regarding the answer to your tattoo question?

Offline x-man

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #12868 on: March 25, 2014, 09:17:48 am »
Yes, MB, I did see your remarks about the meaning of triangles versus flags.  You were just very laconic about it, so I at first thought you had chosen not to comment--perhaps thinking I was going to start a row.  I wasn't.  I really wanted some outside information--after all the tat is going to be on my arm for the rest of my life, however short that will be.  Anyway, you are very laconic; I am not laconic as you undoubtedly have noticed.

I hope you are not put-off by my addressing you as MB (and the words they represent).  OK, it's only cyber-space, but in my book Muscle Bear is high praise.  Speaking of my own case, it is interesting that there are all sorts of sub-divisions for bears, but not so for otters.  I guess in real life I am a thin polar otter--except that 4-footed otters don't live in really polar regions--but the 2-footed variety can have white fur.
 8)
Happiness is the lasting pleasure of the mind grasping the intelligible order of reality.      --Leibniz

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #12869 on: March 25, 2014, 09:29:34 am »
Hello Bettermost friends!

Whatever happened to your angel?  ???
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.