Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 8733816 times)

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • well, I won't
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #16520 on: June 16, 2020, 03:32:24 pm »

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #16521 on: June 18, 2020, 04:14:21 pm »

Hiya BetterMost friends.

I hope that everyone is doing well!

I have to stop at CVS later today, after work.  My grand-nephew is moving on to first grade in September, so I want to put together a small package to mail him, and congratulate him.  I also need to get something for my dad for Father's Day.  He likes chocolate covered cherries, so I think I'll get a box of them.

Tomorrow my bank is closing at noon, to commemorate Juneteenth.  Since it's pay day, I will use some excess funds to donate to Black Lives Matter.

No big plans for the weekend, I may do some light cleaning, but other than that, nothing major planned.

I found out that I most  likely be going back to the office until September sometime, so it looks like I have another 2 1/2 months to work from home.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #16522 on: June 18, 2020, 04:15:59 pm »
Sorry, Chuckie, for gif-bombing your blog!

You can gif-bomb my blog anytime, BBP!  ;D

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #16523 on: June 18, 2020, 04:16:59 pm »
Nice gifs!

Chuckie could learn a thing or two from them!

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #16524 on: June 18, 2020, 10:37:34 pm »
I will use some excess funds to donate to Black Lives Matter.

I keep telling myself I need to donate to charities that are helping unemployed people keep food on the table, but somehow it keeps not happening.  :(
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #16525 on: June 19, 2020, 11:41:38 am »
I keep telling myself I need to donate to charities that are helping unemployed people keep food on the table, but somehow it keeps not happening.  :(

Does your church have anything going on that you could get involved in?

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #16526 on: June 19, 2020, 01:55:11 pm »
.  My grand-nephew is moving on to first grade in September, so I want to put together a small package to mail him, and congratulate him.

Trenton? Already starting school? Time sure flies!

I also need to get something for my dad for Father's Day.  He likes chocolate covered cherries, so I think I'll get a box of them.

Do you have Mon Cherie in the US?
Dark chocolate filled with liqueur and a cherry. Mhhhh, what a treat. Love them!

I found out that I most  likely be going back to the office until September sometime, so it looks like I have another 2 1/2 months to work from home.

I started going back into work yesterday. Since I'm a higher risk person, I'm currently not working with children, but sitting in the cellar (where our community/staff rooms are), working on the computer the whole day.
Same thing I've done from home for the last 12 weeks, but now we're not allowed to work from home anymore. Decision from further up ::)
For me it's back to commuting (almost) three hours, only to sit in front of a computer over there instead of here. Oh well. At least I don't have to work with the children and their parents, so my contacts are limited.
Don't get me wrong, in general I do love working with children; I'm just not too keen on being spit on, coughed on, sneezed on, etc. in times of Corona.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #16527 on: June 19, 2020, 04:29:40 pm »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

TGIF!

Had a half day today at work, we got to shut down at noon to commemorate Juneteenth.  To do so, I collected some funds from my family, and we made a donation to Black Live Matter.

Was paid today, and I got busy after I shut down. I looked into my banking app, verified my paycheck, transferred funds between accounts, made my donation,  paid some bills, we to the post office, hit a store or two, and then got some treats for my dad for Father's Day this weekend.

I ended up getting him some chocolate covered cherries, and some chocolate covered raspberry jelly rings.

Later this evening, I have to go to the grocery store and get my supply of groceries, which I order every two weeks, when I get paid.  I think things are getting better (shopping wise) in the super markets.  Since March I haven't been able to order groceries online, all the pick-up times have been reserved before I could log in.  The last two times I logged in, I was able to reserve a pick-up time and get what I need.

Saturday I have some stuff to do around the apartment, and then Sunday is Father's Day at my parents' place.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #16528 on: June 19, 2020, 04:32:25 pm »

Does your church have anything going on that you could get involved in?

You should look into that, Jeff.  The church my parents go to collect food for families in need, and my parents frequently do it.   Mom is of the mind right now that things are bad now, so they need to do good to help, so far they've donated to Black Lives Matter, their church's local food collection, and collected supplies for the local animal shelter.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #16529 on: June 19, 2020, 04:48:46 pm »
Trenton? Already starting school? Time sure flies!

Yes, it does!  Trent will be 7 in November, and in the first grade!  ;D

Do you have Mon Cherie in the US?
Dark chocolate filled with liqueur and a cherry. Mhhhh, what a treat. Love them!

Oh yes, we have Mon Cheri here in the US, and my dad has had them before, and enjoyed them.  However, there is a local confectioners place that I went to instead, and bought the candy from them.  Given the decreased business, I wanted to support a local place.

I went to a place called "Holsten's" here in Bloomfield.   Apart from being a town staple for 75 years, they have made it a custom of hiring local high school students as waiters/waitresses and staff, in an effort to help the kids get some work experience.

They serve typical diner stuff, different flavors of ice-cream, and have candy counter.

They are also famous for something.  Scroll down.

Yes, the famous last shot of The Sopranos was shot at Holstens.   ;D

I started going back into work yesterday. Since I'm a higher risk person, I'm currently not working with children, but sitting in the cellar (where our community/staff rooms are), working on the computer the whole day.   Same thing I've done from home for the last 12 weeks, but now we're not allowed to work from home anymore. Decision from further up ::)  For me it's back to commuting (almost) three hours, only to sit in front of a computer over there instead of here. Oh well. At least I don't have to work with the children and their parents, so my contacts are limited.  Don't get me wrong, in general I do love working with children; I'm just not too keen on being spit on, coughed on, sneezed on, etc. in times of Corona.

My mom is a teacher's aide, and she said they are not going back to work until September, but they are concerned as to how they are going to work at that time.  The kids are all kindergarten age or younger, and you really can't expect kids that age to keep their masks on.  Plus, when they get upset, the natural instinct is to comfort them, and they're not sure if they'll be allowed to hug or get very close to the kids.