Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 9199099 times)

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #12100 on: June 17, 2013, 08:37:11 am »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

Doesn't that place look pretty?  That's where I wish I was right now, maybe still in bed sleeping.

But in reality, I'm in my cube feeling tired!  LOL  I think I'm gonna go to bed an hour earlier than I normally do, and see if that makes a difference, I'm feeling drained at the moment, not sure why.  Anyway, hope everyone had a good weekend!

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #12101 on: June 17, 2013, 09:24:57 am »
Happy Monday, Chuck! Congrats on the Fourth Place finish! Coincidentally my son also won Fourth Place in a cycling race this past weekend in Minneapolis. He is pretty happy about being in Fourth Place because there were more than 200 of the best cyclists in the world at that race! He also won some money. There is a lot of money in sports!

Your recent dream is pretty easy to understand. There is some challenge or sticky situation at work that is subconsciously making you anxious. Didn't you tell me recently that your company had new owners now and they are from another country? That would tend to make me anxious. Up until recently I was working for a Canadian company and figuring out the leadership was really difficult. Just be your usual amiable self and everything will be fine!
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Bork bork bork
« Reply #12102 on: June 17, 2013, 04:51:46 pm »
Chuck, there's something fishy about the URL to the picture in the top post on this page.

My anti-virus program keeps warning about it every time I go onto this page.

And the picture has disappeared, btw.

Düva pööp is a förce of natüre

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #12103 on: June 17, 2013, 04:57:10 pm »

He shouldn't be so upset...he's on the podium and he has a trophy!! Lots of fourth place finishers don't get that because the cut-off is usually third place.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #12104 on: June 17, 2013, 04:58:08 pm »

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #12105 on: June 17, 2013, 05:22:04 pm »
Chuck, there's something fishy about the URL to the picture in the top post on this page.

My anti-virus program keeps warning about it every time I go onto this page.

And the picture has disappeared, btw.

That's weird......I still see the picture, and neither my computer at work or home is getting a virus alert.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline dejavu

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #12106 on: June 17, 2013, 05:43:34 pm »
That's weird......I still see the picture, and neither my computer at work or home is getting a virus alert.

I'm seeing the picture okay and not getting any warning messages.

But I did want to tell you, Chuck, how beautiful that picture is.  One of the prettiest lake and trees pictures I've seen.  The birds seem to like it, too.

(Was going to call it a "little cabin" but it's pretty good-sized.)
Jack's from Texas.
Texans don't drink coffee?

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #12107 on: June 18, 2013, 08:26:22 am »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

:laugh: :laugh:

How is everyone today!

I'm feeling less tired, although I really didn't sleep more!  I went to bed an hour earlier, but woke at 2 and was up until about 3 before falling back asleep.

::)

So much for the extra hour.  I'll try again tonight.

How is everyone doing?  What's the good news?  Tell me tell me tell me!

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #12108 on: June 18, 2013, 08:52:07 am »
Love Grumpy Jake! As for that other guy, he is overrated.

Good news...yesterday I went out for breakfast and met a good friend who is one of the most uplifting people I know. We ate at a place in my new neighborhood where I've bought a house and hope to live in someday. We sat outside on the patio, sipped chai and talked about vines and landscaping. Then, I dropped by my new house and took photos of all the "dangerous overhanging branches" as my insurance agent, who made a surprise inspection, calls them. In actuality there are a half-dozen branches that are slightly brushing against the sides and roof. I could almost do the trimming myself but I'm going to try to get offline Chuck to do it for me. A tenant came home and asked for window screens which is a very reasonable request since there isn't any ac. Starting on that project.

Rest of the day was ho-hum until the evening when I got to spend time with my daughter and two grandsons! There was also a nice cleansing rainstorm in the afternoon. So, all in all, more good news than I thought I would have when I first started writing! And thanks for asking!

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #12109 on: June 19, 2013, 08:15:54 am »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

I feel like I have more energy today!  Monday night I went to bed earlier (9) because I was feeling tired.  However, I woke at 2am and couldn't get back to sleep until about 3.  ::)   I was tired yesterday because of this.

Yesterday I tried again and went to bed at 9, and this time (basically) slept through the night.  I woke once, but rolled over and went back to sleep.

I have a friend coming over for dinner on Friday, I thought about ordering a pizza, but I don't want to do that.  Who knows?  I may attempt a chicken casserole.  I just found a simple recipe online.

1/4 cup butter or 1/4 cup margarine
1/4 cup flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1 cup milk
1 1/2 cups cooked chicken, cubed
1/2 cup ham, cooked and cubed
4 slices swiss cheese
1 (7 1/2 ounce) can refrigerated biscuits
2 tablespoons melted butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
1/4 cup Italian breadcrumbs

Directions:
1  Melt butter in saucepan over low heat and blend in flour, salt,& pepper.
2  Cook over low heat,stirring until mixture is smooth and bubbly.
3  Stir in milk until smooth, let boil for about 1 minute and remove from heat.
4  Add chicken and ham to butter/milk mixture.
5  Spread into an 11x7 pan and cover with sliced cheese.
6  Place biscuits on top (I usually flatten in the palm of my hand so that they fit better and bake faster).
7  Pour melted butter over biscuits and sprinkle with breadcrumbs.
8  Bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes, or until filling is hot and bubbly and biscuits are browned, and enjoy!