Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 8734473 times)

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #17290 on: August 26, 2021, 08:08:24 pm »
Where've you been? Here and there? Having a piece of pie at the bus station?  ;D

I've been everywhere, man, I've been everywhere.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #17291 on: September 04, 2021, 12:07:43 am »
Hiya BetterMost friends!!!!

I hope everyone is doing well!

TGIF!

Well, this week has been a doozy!!!   Today I had to do my Unfunded Report, which I call my "Monster" report.  Work on this starts on the 23rd of the month, and must be finished by noon of the 3rd business day of the next month.

On top of that, I had two loans that had to be renewed, and help with two other closings that were my coworker's, because she was out of the office for most of the week.  Thankfully she came back on Thursday,  and finished the work herself.  She was hoping the closings would finish before she returned, so she was not happy yesterday.

;D

Of course on Wednesday night we had Ida blow through our state.  It was crazy.

I left the apartment at 6:45am this morning, and spent 20 minutes driving around, unable to leave town.   Highway ramps were closed, streets were blocked by branches, garbage, and mud.  Cars were abandoned in the middle of the roads where they broke down in floods, not fun.

After 20 minutes I gave up and went back home, and worked from home for the rest of the day

https://www.nj.com/news/2021/09/see-the-devastating-videos-photos-of-idas-destruction-in-nj.html

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #17292 on: September 04, 2021, 03:30:03 pm »
 :o :o Wow what craziness! At least you didn't lose power!

Aren't you glad you are a cellar dweller no more?
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #17293 on: September 04, 2021, 05:16:29 pm »
I've occasionally thought about moving back to New Orleans, the only other city besides Minneapolis and Denver where I have a sufficient number of friends to consider living. Guess I'll stick with Denver.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #17294 on: September 04, 2021, 08:33:35 pm »
I've occasionally thought about moving back to New Orleans, the only other city besides Minneapolis and Denver where I have a sufficient number of friends to consider living. Guess I'll stick with Denver.

I would, if I were you.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #17295 on: September 06, 2021, 06:19:51 pm »

I hope that everyone has had a great Labor Day weekend!

Friday was a quiet day here.  Saturday two of my friends had a fire pit night in their backyard on Saturday, there were about 10 of us there, stayed from 7:00 to midnight.   Sunday was laundry day.  today was just a day to mostly relax, but I did do some cleaning around the apartment.

Received an invite to a birthday party for my sister-in-law in a few weeks.  The theme is "Summer of 69", so I'm thinking I'll dress as a hippy, and then reuse the costume for Halloween.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #17296 on: September 06, 2021, 06:21:07 pm »
:o :o Wow what craziness! At least you didn't lose power!

Aren't you glad you are a cellar dweller no more?

Very much so!

I would, if I were you.

I would be inclined to stay there as well!

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #17297 on: September 06, 2021, 06:21:57 pm »

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Bork bork bork
« Reply #17298 on: September 07, 2021, 04:08:28 pm »
Thanks Chuckie!  :-*

Düva pööp is a förce of natüre

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #17299 on: September 12, 2021, 07:24:38 pm »

I hope everyone had a great weekend!!

It was a quiet one for me.  I had nothing going on, and I was able to relax and chill for the weekend.  The only things that got done were the grocery shopping yesterday, and the laundry today.

This week is a birthday party for my sister-in-law.  It will be nice to see everyone again.

I found out that my brothers vehicle is acting up, so he's taking it to the shop tomorrow, and borrowing dad's for work.  So I'm picking up mom when her shift is over at 1:30, and picking up dad when his shift is over at 5:00.

They don't work far from me, and I'm working from home tomorrow, so it works out that I can get them.