Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 8737839 times)

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #17310 on: October 01, 2021, 10:39:43 pm »
Nice that the bowling alley could be open. Did you have to take "precautions"?

There is a Halloween store open a few blocks from my place, where the A.C. Moore craft store used to be.

It will forever piss me off that last year, when there really was no Halloween, the holiday fell on a Saturday, and the moon was full that night. I'm sure that will never happen again in my lifetime.

Hello Jeff!

They recommend that we wear masks, but it's not strictly enforced.  The alley is very clean, and the lanes are pretty wide, so we're not right on top of each other.

Yeah, there was a lot going on with Halloween.  It was on Saturday, was a full moon, was a blue moon, and it was also daylight savings time, so clocks fell back an hour that night.

It would've been a big ass party.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Online Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #17311 on: October 02, 2021, 12:16:47 pm »
Thank you for waiting until October to decorate instead of doing it in August!
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #17312 on: October 02, 2021, 12:18:38 pm »
Yeah, there was a lot going on with Halloween.  It was on Saturday, was a full moon, was a blue moon, and it was also daylight savings time, so clocks fell back an hour that night.

It would've been a big ass party.

Sure enough!
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #17313 on: October 02, 2021, 04:42:21 pm »
Thank you for waiting until October to decorate instead of doing it in August!

:laugh:

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #17314 on: October 11, 2021, 04:08:25 pm »

Hiya BetterMost friends!!!!

I hope everyone is doing well.

Things here are status quo for the most part.  Work has been getting busy, which makes the day go faster.

Did some baking this weekend.  I have a recipe for pumpkin spice cookies, but they are cakey and don't hold up to handling very well, so I got silicon molds and used mini cupcake trays, and they work better as mini-cupcakes, frosted with cream cheese frosting.

Saturday I'll be going over to a friend's house for a firepit night, so that will be fun.

Online Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #17315 on: October 12, 2021, 10:56:16 am »
Hi Chuck! I have only baked some berry crostatas. I don't know why it is, but berries are very cheap in the stores right now. I used Pillsbury pie crust and topped them with a shelf-stable whipped cream I got at Trader Joes. For crostatas, you don't have to put your crust into a pie shell. You just lay it on a cookie sheet and fold up the edges around the filling. So simple! If you put parchment paper down, you don't even have to clean the cookie sheet afterwards! Yummy and easy.

Is everyone getting into the fall spirit? It sure looks like you are, friend!
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #17316 on: October 12, 2021, 11:32:29 am »

It is difficult to get into the fall spirit around here this year. The forecast is for the temperature to be downright summery--again--by the end of the week--80 F or so. The weather has just not been fall-like.

I think this is the first time ever I've been wearing short-sleeved shirts in the middle of October.

This is not the case everywhere. Yesterday morning I caught the very end of a news report--something about the moose population in Maine--and you could see beautiful fall foliage behind the reporter.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #17317 on: October 12, 2021, 11:52:34 am »
It is difficult to get into the fall spirit around here this year. The forecast is for the temperature to be downright summery--again--by the end of the week--80 F or so. The weather has just not been fall-like.

I think this is the first time ever I've been wearing short-sleeved shirts in the middle of October.

This is not the case everywhere. Yesterday morning I caught the very end of a news report--something about the moose population in Maine--and you could see beautiful fall foliage behind the reporter.

Oh, I wish! It got up to 75 here yesterday, so my neighbors and I went up to the rooftop patio for a fire-pit gathering, which we do several times a week. We meet new people up there and keep expanding our friends group.

According to my phone (though it's notoriously unreliable this time of year) it's going to get to 70 one day next week. All the other days, including today, highs are in the mid-60s at best. Some are even in the mid-50s. As always, I am not ready for this.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #17318 on: October 12, 2021, 05:47:31 pm »

Oh, I wish! It got up to 75 here yesterday, so my neighbors and I went up to the rooftop patio for a fire-pit gathering, which we do several times a week. We meet new people up there and keep expanding our friends group.

According to my phone (though it's notoriously unreliable this time of year) it's going to get to 70 one day next week. All the other days, including today, highs are in the mid-60s at best. Some are even in the mid-50s. As always, I am not ready for this.

I've heard that there is snow already in Colorado.

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #17319 on: October 13, 2021, 11:41:20 am »
I've heard that there is snow already in Colorado.

One of the most notorious blizzards in Minneapolis history involved 18" (not a typo!) on HALLOWEEN (also not a typo!) -- i.e., less than three weeks from now.

Luckily, I wasn't living here at the time.