Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 8738834 times)

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #17400 on: December 08, 2021, 12:51:51 pm »
Full Definition of epiphany
1capitalized : January 6 observed as a church festival in commemoration of the coming of the Magi as the first manifestation of Christ to the Gentiles or in the Eastern Church in commemoration of the baptism of Christ
2: an appearance or manifestation especially of a divine being
3a(1): a usually sudden manifestation or perception of the essential nature or meaning of something
(2): an intuitive grasp of reality through something (such as an event) usually simple and striking
(3): an illuminating discovery, realization, or disclosure
b: a revealing scene or moment

Well, 3b applies to Jan. 6, 2021, though not in a good way.

Oh that's right. The day those idiots tried to bring down democracy  >:(

Yes. And unfortunately, they don't appear to be done trying.

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Bork bork bork
« Reply #17401 on: December 08, 2021, 05:52:45 pm »
Ok, thanks everyone for enlightening me.

So, according to y'all, this is why I get a day off work:

I find that very appropriate  ;D

Düva pööp is a förce of natüre

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Bork bork bork
« Reply #17402 on: December 15, 2021, 06:09:48 pm »
Thanks for the card, Chuck  :-* :). It arrived today.

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #17403 on: December 16, 2021, 12:38:24 am »
Hiya BetterMost friends!!!!

I hope everyone is well! 

I'm on my last "stay-cation" this week.   I've gotten Christmas shopping done, all my cards mailed out, did cleaning around the apartment, did laundry, and tonight I met a friend for dinner, and then the two of us went out driving for over 2 hours, looking at the way houses were decorated for Christmas.

We saw a lot of great houses.......and then, there were the rest.   ;)  :laugh:

I intend to use the next two days making dough for cookies, and then Saturday baking and decorating.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #17404 on: December 20, 2021, 07:22:45 am »

5 days until Christmas!

:)

My shopping is basically done, but not all the gifts have arrived yet.  I think there are two left to come, I'm hoping they make it in time.  If they don't, I'll print pics of them and put them into cards to give to the recipients, and will give them out when they arrive.

This weekend was the big cookie baking marathon.  We made 5 different cookies, and today is the day I bring them to the office to share.

I posted them here.

http://bettermost.net/forum/index.php/topic,6108.140.html

I think I'm going to hold off on wrapping gifts until Christmas Eve.  I have nothing going on, and the bank closes at 3:00, so that may be a fun way to spend that evening.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #17405 on: December 23, 2021, 11:11:55 pm »

Christmas Eve Eve!

:laugh:

Yesterday was a pain in the neck! 

I live on a very small street, and most people assume it's a driveway.   It was full of potholes, and because of the lack of traffic, I assumed we'd never see it repaved.

Well, last week they milled it.  On Tuesday of this week, we received notice that the repave was happening on Wednesday (yesterday).  The street would be closed from 7am to 5pm.   I left for work early, and was off the street by 6:45am.  I worked all day, and then had dinner with mom and dad, so I stayed with them until 6.   I went home, but the paving was not yet complete.  So I drove around for an hour, and looked at all the Christmas displays.  Got home at 7, and the street was still blocked.  The workers still there said the street would be open by 8, so I went back to mom and dad's and stayed for a bit, and got home at 8.   The street was STILL blocked.  I parked on a side street, but it had signs that it was permit parking only, from 1:00am to 5:00am.  I had to call the local police, and give them the make, model and plate for my car, and the address of where it was parked, so that it wouldn't be ticketed.

I woke this morning, the street was STILL blocked.    ::)

When I got home today, I was finally able to get into my parking lot.

I spent today uncluttering the apartment.   It wasn't dirty, but I had been ignoring the rule "a place for everything, and everything in its place".   I had mail, boxes, bags, containers and clothes scattered about.  I couldn't take it any more, so when I got home, I spent time putting everything back where it belonged.   It's not 100%, but about 90%, and I'm feeling better.  ;D

Tomorrow I plan on wrapping gifts.  There's not much to do, so it won't take long.

Family is celebrating Christmas Day, at my brother & sister-in-law's place.   Will be there for lunch, and hanging out for a while.  No plans on Sunday, so that will be a day of rest.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #17406 on: December 24, 2021, 11:21:12 pm »

Christmas Eve is here!

and I'm late today, it's almost Christmas!

:laugh:

the bank closed today at 3:00 this afternoon (instead of 5:00) so I signed out,  did some last minute shopping, had an early dinner, caught up online, wrapped up my gifts, and now I'm spending the evening watching Hallmark Christmas movies, and enjoying the lights on the tree and in the windows.

;D

Tomorrow we'll be leaving for my brother & sister-in-law's place at 1:00 (I'm driving) so I can sleep in and have a leisurely morning, before I have to prep for the visit (shower, shave, and make myself presentable).

I'll be here tomorrow, hope everyone is having a good Christmas Eve!

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #17407 on: December 25, 2021, 10:23:14 am »
Merry Christmas Chuck and all the BetterMostians! I arose early today, with just enough free time to come here and wish you all well. Chuck, it sounds like you have a relaxing Christmas before you. It appears that paving crews are short-handed like everything else.
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #17408 on: December 26, 2021, 01:30:26 pm »

I hope that everyone who celebrated, had a great Christmas yesterday.   For those who celebrate, Happy Boxing Day!

Dinner yesterday at my brother and sister-in-law's place was really nice.  The Yule Log was on the TV, dinner was catered, a lot of good food and drink, presents for everyone, and laughs throughout the day.  As for gifts, I got some bath/shower stuff, new ornaments for the tree, some super hero stuff,  some Christmas themed food and drink, some gift cards.

I also was given gifts cards from the people I work for, and they totaled $500.00!  :o   I already spent $300.00 of it.  Went to Amazon and got some new hand towels to match my new bathroom, new large bath towels to use after showering, and a 12-piece cookware set to replace my old pots and pans.

Today I'm staying at home, doing some laundry and organizing the place.

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Bork bork bork
« Reply #17409 on: December 27, 2021, 11:17:25 am »
Glad you had a nice Xmas, Chuck.

Congrats on the money! They must be very happt with the service you give them  :)